When you're smiling...

BowenBoys

In a radio discussion about the next manager at Old Trafford someone remarked that they needed a person to 'put the smile back on the fans faces'.

The next time there is a managerial vacancy at Firhill, who would put a smile on your face?

Also, can anyone complete this quote from Al Capone? "You can go a long way with a smile..."

16 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

In a radio discussion about the next manager at Old Trafford someone remarked that they needed a person to 'put the smile back on the fans faces'.

The next time there is a managerial vacancy at Firhill, who would put a smile on your face?

Also, can anyone complete this quote from Al Capone? "You can go a long way with a smile..."

We don't need a gun. We need a team. A Goodwin. A Shankland. A feckin break.

Happy crimbo..

This is fairly out there and i'm open to the p1ss being ripped but............julie fleeting.

Apart from her being a class apart on media i get the impression she's very very capable and very knowledgable of football. If men can manage women can women not mamage men?

The obvious concerns would be football is percieved as a mans world and would male players play for a woman. Well, they're not playing for archie nor caldwell and last time i looked they were men

It's got to happen at some point in the future so why not us being the groundbreaking club. Or is scottish footbal not ready for a lady in charge?

Just now, Thistleberight said:

This is fairly out there and i'm open to the p1ss being ripped but............julie fleeting.

Apart from her being a class apart on media i get the impression she's very very capable and very knowledgable of football. If men can manage women can women not mamage men?

The obvious concerns would be football is percieved as a mans world and would male players play for a woman. Well, they're not playing for archie nor caldwell and last time i looked they were men

It's got to happen at some point in the future so why not us being the groundbreaking club. Or is scottish footbal not ready for a lady in charge?

Revolutionary. But NO! There are enough fannies at Firhill.

31 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

It would be a fleeting smile!

Seriously, within a generation this will be totally unremarkable. and it would be wonderful if Thistle could play a part in this paradigm shift

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thistleberight said:

:o

But seriously, there is absolutely no reason that this couldn't work. I hope that if any women applied when Caldwell was appointed, their application was considered purely on its football merits.

Just now, BowenBoys said:

But seriously, there is absolutely no reason that this couldn't work. I hope that if any women applied when Caldwell was appointed, their application was considered purely on its football merits.

As we have a female chairman you would hope so. But with this chairman I wouldn't hold your breath.

Just now, BowenBoys said:

Me too and what would we have to lose? Nothing and everything to gain. For my money she's more experienced and better placed than our current incumbent

This is fairly out there and i'm open to the p1ss being ripped but............ Can we please for a minute reflect on what this forum is about. It is Partick Thistle Football Club. It is not the Ladies team it is for the hairy arsed men's team. This idea we are different from every other team in Glasgow, Scotland, Europe etc is becoming rather wearying. Years ago the fanbase of Athletic Bilbao were asked if they would prefer relegation / going bust or change their policy and sign players from other regions and countries. Go bust was the answer.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/copa90/2016/jan/15/athletic-club-bilbao-loyalty-spain-liga-basque

That is being different. Not succumbing to some PC idea that could see Julie Fleeting in a couple of years time chapping on the dressing room door, telling the hairy arses to make sure their wullies were all tucked away coz she wanted to come in and have a chat about us getting humped 5-0 by Edinburgh City as we languish at the foot of league 2 after another brilliant week in training.

Some people are aghast at the thought of Thistle playing other than the Thistle way. If we do not adapt we will suffer, because the rest of the teams have got us well sussed out.

To have a manager saying in a national paper he will not change his style / methods just to win a game is criminal. We have no fight, no tactics and no idea. Give me a team of Aaron Muirheads at this moment over our lot. The day he nutted that ****** intae the net will always be up there in my fondest UNTHISTLE  moments of supporting this team. If you want a woman manager in charge of your team, bugger off and support one of the Ladies teams. I am sure they would welcome your money and support.

Edited by muirparkman

6 hours ago, muirparkman said:

This is fairly out there and i'm open to the p1ss being ripped but............ Can we please for a minute reflect on what this forum is about. It is Partick Thistle Football Club. It is not the Ladies team it is for the hairy arsed men's team. This idea we are different from every other team in Glasgow, Scotland, Europe etc is becoming rather wearying. Years ago the fanbase of Athletic Bilbao were asked if they would prefer relegation / going bust or change their policy and sign players from other regions and countries. Go bust was the answer.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/copa90/2016/jan/15/athletic-club-bilbao-loyalty-spain-liga-basque

That is being different. Not succumbing to some PC idea that could see Julie Fleeting in a couple of years time chapping on the dressing room door, telling the hairy arses to make sure their wullies were all tucked away coz she wanted to come in and have a chat about us getting humped 5-0 by Edinburgh City as we languish at the foot of league 2 after another brilliant week in training.

Some people are aghast at the thought of Thistle playing other than the Thistle way. If we do not adapt we will suffer, because the rest of the teams have got us well sussed out.

To have a manager saying in a national paper he will not change his style / methods just to win a game is criminal. We have no fight, no tactics and no idea. Give me a team of Aaron Muirheads at this moment over our lot. The day he nutted that ****** intae the net will always be up there in my fondest UNTHISTLE  moments of supporting this team. If you want a woman manager in charge of your team, bugger off and support one of the Ladies teams. I am sure they would welcome your money and support.

Great title for a new thread!