Winter window

That 1 jags fan

5 hours ago, dunnikierjag said:

Saunders can play right back.

I've seen him play there and in truth I'd rather have Lee Duncanson. 

I realise that cover at full back is an on going problem. Even so I feel we're now so  troubled that this particular deficiency is kinda low down the peckin' order these days.

20 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I've seen him play there and in truth I'd rather have Lee Duncanson. 

I realise that cover at full back is an on going problem. Even so I feel we're now so  troubled that this particular deficiency is kinda low down the peckin' order these days.

I can't believe we are this far into the season and not signed a proper right-back or even tried Duncanson in that position.

It was obvious when Archie put together his squad that he had  a gap in the right-back area and defensive midfield. When Caldwell came in it was equally as obvious but here we are well over half way through and having made 6 signings and we've not really addressed either. In my opinion we play so much sideways passing and are terrified of giving up possession because we know we don't have defensive midfield to break up play or a right back that hold a defensive line.

Out of 6 signings so far only Saunders looks like he will improve the starting 11. Harkins might do if played as a number 10 but not as a defensive midfield. Loy and Mansell look at best like they are backup behind Doolan, Storey and maybe Coulibally. Hazard might be better than Sneddon but it'll be marginal. Cardle doesn't so far look like an upgrade on Fitzpatrick or Erskine.

Its not looking good.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, laukat said:

I can't believe we are this far into the season and not signed a proper right-back or even tried Duncanson in that position.

It was obvious when Archie put together his squad that he had  a gap in the right-back area and defensive midfield. When Caldwell came in it was equally as obvious but here we are well over half way through and having made 6 signings and we've not really addressed either. In my opinion we play so much sideways passing and are terrified of giving up possession because we know we don't have defensive midfield to break up play or a right back that hold a defensive line.

Out of 6 signings so far only Saunders looks like he will improve the starting 11. Harkins might do if played as a number 10 but not as a defensive midfield. Loy and Mansell look at best like they are backup behind Doolan, Storey and maybe Coulibally. Hazard might be better than Sneddon but it'll be marginal. Cardle doesn't so far look like an upgrade on Fitzpatrick or Erskine.

Its not looking good.

This full backs debacle is long running.

Remember last season we had Lawless playing left wing back at times!

Remember in the top 6 Aberdeen trouncing we had no fit full backs going into that game!

That it wasn't top of the priorities in January (especially given we have no cover at left back, and although he has improved Elliots early season from cost us several goals) is just astounding. We now have FIVE strikers and usually play one up - we could play all 5, if we cant defend, and we cant create, its pointless.

I cannot disagree with your summary of the changes in the squad; no doubt however these incoming players train brilliantly all week, and have the right character!

Posted from a guy on Livvy P&B

Got yourself a good one guys, he’s really unlucky not to have got more game time with us, when he has played he’s been very solid. 

Still a young lad, think he’s only 21 but he’s very athletic, strong and can get up and down the wing really well. 

Can also play centre back if you are struggling but he’s primarily a right back. 

Hope he does well,  I really like him, think he has a lot of potential. 

• Like 1