Harkins

javeajag

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Ýet. He gets a free transfer?

He asked to leave.... I see this as a replacement for Storer so on that basis it's an improvement in a few ways (he'll play more, should contribute more & should be decent around the Club).

Edited by 1 John Lambie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1 John Lambie said:

He asked to leave.... I see this as a replacement for Storer so on that basis it's an improvement in a few ways (he'll play more, should contribute more & should be decent around the Club).

Then again, could be Erskine who is being replaced, who knows, other than the manager

Reeking of desperation. And on an 18 month deal...! This, the rumours of Joe Cardle and Darren O’Dea, and trying to get Scott McDonald out of retirement point to a recruitment strategy of throwing money at old journeymen pros. Did Caldwell discuss this being his approach at his interview? If no, this means he has thrown his initial strategy out the window. If yes, it’s absolutely brutal judgement on the part of the board to appoint a manager who wants to adopt this approach. 

No harm to Harkins and I hope he does well, but it (allied with the other rumoured signings) are symbolic of a total lack of long-term strategy despite all claims to the contrary from manager and board.

Just now, 1 John Lambie said:

We are in a relegation battle. Harkins is not known for being someone who gets in the thick of things.

I've got no idea whether this is a good bit of business or not, but I will come 17.50 on Saturday. To be honest, I feel less apprehensive about a signing like this than I might with some contrived loan signing from the nether regions of EFL Div 2. 

He's here now anyway, and although his level of gloriousness may have diminished somewhat, and it's now unlikely that I'll be offering him access to the marital bedroom while I'm out the house, as once I might've hinted at, I'll be roaring him on on Saturday.  

Edited by Blackpool Jags
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Alf Stamps Socks said:

Harkins is experienced all right, he's had experience of being relegated from the championship. The fact that Morton, Ayr and Queens have all binned him makes you realise how desperate Caldwell is. If this is the standard of Caldwells signings then relegation here we come. 18 months - FFS! 

18 months is bizarre for a 34yr old

I thought he was excellent against us earlier in the season. One of my favourite ever players so can’t really understand all the complaints. Some folk are never happy. I reckon with banzo in cdm and spittal and harkins further forward - it could work.

welcome back Gary.

We still need cover at fullbacks as more of a priority but I guess it depends who is available. You bunch of miserable buggers can get back to playing football manager,

ps. He’s not eligible to play on Saturday as January window not open yet.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1