Caldwell’s Massive 7 Days

Paukea

37 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Merely balancing your own boring drivel about how good a striker is that hasn't scored a senior goal in three seasons.

I wasn't attempting to overstate his contribution, but the post I responded to definitely underplayed it.

You and others have accused those who don't share your opinion of spin, but you're guilty of pushing an overly negative narrative in cases such as this.

23 minutes ago, Sinistar said:

The only thing GC has turned round was his complimentary £20,000 Nissan car from Macklin Motors last Saturday when he drove back to England to avoid attending the POTY awards.

Are you sure it wasn’t to see his family rather than avoid the POTY?

to be fair were we not bottom at Christmas so and at least 7 points off 8th and goodness knows how many of 7th etc so he has improved on the players he had and on the position.

its probably nearly not enough but there has been some improvement

Edited by Third Lanark

40 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Not so sure about turning things around ?

Going to be a nervous afternoon tomorrow for sure .

To be honest JLS, I have to say that Gary Caldwell has done much better than I thought he would. I thought we were certs for bottom place. So he has shown some character to pull us out of a nosedive, whether it was his fault that we were in the nosedive in the first place is open to debate.

I think everyone is worried and that's perhaps why the forum has so much aggro about it at the moment.

I would like to think that we will get a result one way or the other, to go down we would have to combine bad results with bad fortune, which although not impossible, is hopefully unlikely!

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

to be fair were we not bottom at Christmas so and at least 7 points off 8th and goodness knows how many of 7th etc so he has improved on the players he had and on the position.

We were bottom at Christmas because he took us to bottom! Why do folk seem to forget this? Mental. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, javeajag said:

As ever missing the point .... we have Caldwell because Archie was still the manager after getting relegated if he had been let go or done the decent thing and resigned last May we would not have Caldwell as manager 

Why wouldn’t we have had him as manager. Was he still working somewhere else ?

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

TL, as a manager, he is paid to represent the Club (including at fan PoTY) events. It will be in his Job Description.

Everyone wants to see their family, but professional duties have to be taken seriously.

33 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Alas Boaby that is what the forum punters think of you. 

Au contraire, Mr S Nurainen is a firm favourite of us non fanbois. We like his humour and his willingness to tell it like it is.

He is a jolly fine chap.

6 hours ago, muirparkman said:

There really is some bitchfest going on over this, but I for one will be going to Dumfries on Saturday to watch Partick Thistle play a game of football. Now I will be hoping we get a result that keeps us from entering the playoffs, and if this means needing Ayr to do us a favour I'll take it. I don't care who comes out that tunnel wearing a Thistle strip, I'll be right behind them the whole game. Even if their heads go down mine won't, because at the end of all this some of them can just walk away, join another club and kiss another badge. But I will still support Partick Thistle. I can't do the walking away part, cos this is my team and I think all of us should just think about it a little before posting some of this crap. Get to Palmerston and support the team . That's what being a fan is about, not fighting between ourselves. Difference of opinion is one thing but some of the posts on here are poison.

Well said Sir. 

51 minutes ago, sandy said:

Au contraire, Mr S Nurainen is a firm favourite of us non fanbois. We like his humour and his willingness to tell it like it is.

He is a jolly fine chap.

Some think boaby has a fine sense of humour. But in still game he is found to be the proverbial ass. Sometimes reality does replicate fiction. On the hook. Reeling you in bit by bit 

Edited by dl1971
Typo

1 hour ago, sandy said:

He is a jolly fine chap.

Tbh the munter comment was uncalled for

at a time when the club are trying to encourage more female fans to come along he’s an idiot if he thinks using that term is fine

Edited by Third Lanark

7 hours ago, muirparkman said:

There really is some bitchfest going on over this, but I for one will be going to Dumfries on Saturday to watch Partick Thistle play a game of football. Now I will be hoping we get a result that keeps us from entering the playoffs, and if this means needing Ayr to do us a favour I'll take it. I don't care who comes out that tunnel wearing a Thistle strip, I'll be right behind them the whole game. Even if their heads go down mine won't, because at the end of all this some of them can just walk away, join another club and kiss another badge. But I will still support Partick Thistle. I can't do the walking away part, cos this is my team and I think all of us should just think about it a little before posting some of this crap. Get to Palmerston and support the team . That's what being a fan is about, not fighting between ourselves. Difference of opinion is one thing but some of the posts on here are poison.

Ok. I said similer as have quite a few on this thread and the match thread.

I would just like to point out that everyone on here, as far as I can tell, is a jags fan. No more and no less than you.

Everyone on here, again, as far as I can tell wants Thistle to win, just like you.

Just my opinion, but it's a little harsh to say what is on this forum is poison and a bitchfest. Yes, a few members have over the past few horrendously stressful weeks fallen out and exchanged unpleasantness but that's what happens in families. We can't all always agree.

If you are a regular reader you will see that most, if not all, posters want/wanted Caldwell to be successful. Successful Caldwell = successful thistle.

Poison and bitchfest? Not for me, but if that's what you believe I'll not force my opinion, just saying was are all jaggies who want the best for our club. Some of us believe Caldwell isn't the manager to provide that and some of us do.

For clarity I believe, firmly, he is a dud and should be shown the door, but I and others who agree with me will be at the game tomorrow supporting the team. Mon jags

36 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Ok. I said similer as have quite a few on this thread and the match thread.

I would just like to point out that everyone on here, as far as I can tell, is a jags fan. No more and no less than you.

Everyone on here, again, as far as I can tell wants Thistle to win, just like you.

Just my opinion, but it's a little harsh to say what is on this forum is poison and a bitchfest. Yes, a few members have over the past few horrendously stressful weeks fallen out and exchanged unpleasantness but that's what happens in families. We can't all always agree.

If you are a regular reader you will see that most, if not all, posters want/wanted Caldwell to be successful. Successful Caldwell = successful thistle.

Poison and bitchfest? Not for me, but if that's what you believe I'll not force my opinion, just saying was are all jaggies who want the best for our club. Some of us believe Caldwell isn't the manager to provide that and some of us do.

For clarity I believe, firmly, he is a dud and should be shown the door, but I and others who agree with me will be at the game tomorrow supporting the team. Mon jags

As you say it is just my opinion, but remember that what goes on here is open to everyone with internet access reading it and I think it shows us in a very poor way. I'm not here to take sides and not here to judge between AA and GC. All I'm saying is lets get out from behind the keyboards and get to Palmerston and support the team. If that upsets some people, they should really read some of this thread again and if they are really happy with the content, I expect I won't bumb into them tomorrow in Dumfries cos they'll probably still be sitting at a computer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

A Doctor writes:

The above post is an interesting example of the psychological condition known as the ‘paranoid self-righteousness of the Über-fan’.

This is a delusional condition and very difficult to understand, even for those experienced in psychology of paranoia, although its symptoms are often widespread and easily recognisable in football fans.  Some fans develop personality traits which lead them to view their fellow supporters in terms of an apartheid system of fan classification: ‘Über-fans’ and ‘Ünter-fans’. Most sufferers score highly on Adorno’s F-scale, and exhibit, along with an irrational obeisance to authority, a form of Emotional Attachment Syndrome (EAS) which attaches itself to an object of veneration, for example a particular manager or Board of Directors (‘fan-bois’ in the vernacular.

One of the symptoms of Über-fannery, as we shall call it, is that after the incubation period, they begin to view themselves as a kind of ‘Illuminati’, along with similarly enlightened and elect Fan-führers. Über-fans, for example, see themselves as having the right to express any opinion at any time, providing it is loyal to the club and contains not even the smallest whiff of criticism of the existing board or manager; conversely they cannot tolerate any criticism and view Ünter-fans as a lesser breed, who should not be allowed to express any opinion on the forum until after 2200 on a Saturday night once the debate is largely over. Über-fans, for example, will not tolerate any uttered or written reference to football as ‘an entertainment industry’. Occasionally they develop a vicious corrosive monomania that any fan who so much as implies any criticism of the  manager (and accordingly their own point of view) is ‘not a real fan’ at all, whether they have or have not attended Firhill  for half a century, and take afternoons off work to go and see the reserves. They develop a sufferer’s argot which they frequently verbalise as follows: ‘Were you at the game?’ ‘Do you hold a season ticket?’ ‘Were you on holiday at the time?’

Perhaps the most marked and dangerous symptom (which is evidently ineradicable) is the delusional, indeed schizoid, condition of frequently accusing Ünter-fans (some who have watched the team for over half a century, and attend reserve matches) of wanting the team to lose. Unfortunately, this particular condition (‘Illuminati Syndrome’) is incurable, however it should be addressed by publicly and repeatedly slapping the sufferers of Über-fannery with a large wet fish, preferably a stinking haddock, about the head and face until symptoms abate.

I feel sorry for you Semi nurainen you seem to be unable to  debate with anyone without trying to ridicule them. I showed your posts to a doctor friend of mine, and he told me to tell you that you suffer  from a very low esteem, and you should see a doctor as soon as possible, to get a tablet to relieve your problem. I advocate an Apple one. To be taken sideways

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, muirparkman said:

Bravo!

9 hours ago, muirparkman said:

All I'm saying is lets get out from behind the keyboards and get to Palmerston and support the team. If that upsets some people, they should really read some of this thread again and if they are really happy with the content, I expect I won't bumb into them tomorrow in Dumfries cos they'll probably still be sitting at a computer.

Agree agree agree. The team needs our support.

Just one thing that is confusing about the thrust of your posting on this. Do you really think that those on here who are critical of Caldwell, the board and performance don't go to games ro support Thistle. And just so all are clear if anyone bar you and me are boring enough to read our interaction, I think Caldwell is a dud, I got to most games and I do support the team, I don't sit/stand shouting abuse at anyone until after the play stops.

Lastly I don't think anyone on here has anything to reproach themselves for and should have zero concerns if anyone from outside the support of our club chose to come on here and read it . Have you ever dipped into any of the ugly sisters forums? That's a series of car crashes

• admin locked this topic