Caldwell’s Massive 7 Days

Paukea

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Don’t be naive , players talk to each other , even last night at the sponsor’s event you could see there was players who were more comfortable in each other’s company .

This type of management can only cause division not foster team spirit.

In most Football Teams you will get small Groups - so in simple terms Players are going to pick there mates - which isnt the same thing as picking the best players - this is simply divisive and yet more nonsense in the SAS Mode - you train hard - you organise - you motivate - its as simple as that - stop the Jedi Mind Games !!!

• Like 2

Can anyone think of another manager that would ask their players to do this? Do we think McCall, Goodwin or any other manager in the league would do this?

Can you imagine Lambie's opinion of this stunt?

I can't think of how this was ever going to anything positive and surely has to mean Caldwell leaves at the end of the season come what may. I just can't see how anyone can defend him after this

• Like 1

I am struggling to see what are the benefits to PTFC in this exercise.  Caldwell stated in the message that the players' responses will not be used by him in the team selection that he himself will make.  The most likely outcome is it will demotivate the players when they compare their team selection to Caldwell's and wonder first of all what explains the differences, and second why ask if their views are being ignored.

Surely Caldwell cannot be planning to discuss players' selections with the squad and then try to explain why he has chosen his team referencing his players' choices.  He could do that without the rigmarole proposed.

It is such an arcane and time consuming exercise that there must be some benefit that I and others are missing.

26 minutes ago, laukat said:

Can anyone think of another manager that would ask their players to do this? Do we think McCall, Goodwin or any other manager in the league would do this?

I can't think of how this was ever going to anything positive and surely has to mean Caldwell leaves at the end of the season come what may. I just can't see how anyone can defend him after this

Funnily enough this is exactly the sort of thing lambie could easily have done ! Right chic you pick the f#####g team !

When we were looking for a new manager everyone was like, "we need fresh ideas, we don't want the usual suspects". Yet every time Caldwell does something different he gets slated for it.

My only problem with Caldwell is results, and on that basis I have less of a problem with him now than I did at Christmas. We'll see what happens at the weekend.

4 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

There is a post on facebook calling this a storm in a teacup and that is spot on.

The biggest issue is who leaked it and they will almost certainly be gone. 

Reliable source https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/D3EC/production/_103925245_7af3c425-5cff-4645-8983-d5794672d079.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

Most teams use WhatsApp groups these days 

Bigger teams and businesses use similar apps but ones that are encrypted which either notify admin when a screen grab is made (similar to Snapchat) or simply don’t allow (Screen grab is white blank) 

Mike Bassett England Manager:

“England will be playing 4-4-F-----2. Or possibly 3-5-2, but we may switch to 4-3-3, or perhaps 4-1-4-1. If that doesn’t work, we can look at 3-4- 3, or possibly a Diamond or a Christmas Tree formation, whatever they are …. or how about …”

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

Funnily enough this is exactly the sort of thing lambie could easily have done ! Right chic you pick the f#####g team !

Pretty sure Lambie wouldn't have asked for the entire playing squad to pass notes to him on who their pals are.

47 minutes ago, sandy said:

Er, it’s a forum where fans have opinions and can express ecstasy, joy or fears. You’ll get the idea one day ;)

Except you pass out mindless opinions as though they have a basis in some reality 

Just now, BowenBoys said:

Remember the monks? The guys who dressed in robes and walked around the South terracing practicing self-flagelllation. First game of the season iirc. Haven't seen them since around the time that Internet forums were invented...

First game of the New Year!

14 hours ago, javeajag said:

Ok.....

a good manager is not  necessarily a good leader ....can be two different things 

well yes but they can take inputs and ideas from others including employees ie players 

yes they are accountable 

Name a good manager that wasn't a good leader?

Oh well, Caldwell’s envelope stunt now makes the BBC Sport website. No wonder people think we are a joke Club.

Managers are paid to lead and pick the team; no amount of post-leak spin will make this look in any way respectable. 

He needs to go.

11 hours ago, javeajag said:

Except you pass out mindless opinions as though they have a basis in some reality 

Read my post, the only person who is drawing any tangential link to reality is you pal. 

And for the record, I do have a mind (of my own). But thanks for your concern for a fellow fan.

53 minutes ago, sandy said:

Managers are paid to lead and pick the team; no amount of post-leak spin will make this look in any way respectable. 

What do you make of the club captain's thoughts on the matter, then?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17611841.stuart-bannigan-says-partick-thistle-players-now-know-who-they-can-trust-after-dressing-room-leak/?ref=fbshr

22 hours ago, laukat said:

I've kinda defended him over this on another thread. I'm in the this is a party distraction camp. One game to go, all for one, let's deal with the manager issue after we win on Saturday. As stuart bannigan has pointed out in the herald yesterday and other players have mentioned over the season, that even though the players are not members of forums they do read what people are saying. I'm no fan of Caldwell and certainly no apologist of him but some on here are making way too much of this leaked post and are fixating on the manager when the real rogue is mr Roy.

C'mon, get your tickets and get down to palmerston. If our old man hearts can survive this game we'll live into our 90's

2 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

You’re right. It’s quite clear that this hard-hitting bit of journalism - which I’m sure was in no way a crisis-led response to the leak - really shows Bannigan’s true feelings on the matter.

• Haha 1

• admin locked this topic