Caldwell’s Massive 7 Days

Paukea

1 minute ago, Thistleberight said:

I've kinda defended him over this on another thread. I'm in the this is a party distraction camp. One game to go, all for one, let's deal with the manager issue after we win on Saturday. As stuart bannigan has pointed out in the herald yesterday and other players have mentioned over the season, that even though the players are not members of forums they do read what people are saying. I'm no fan of Caldwell and certainly no apologist of him but some on here are making way too much of this leaked post and are fixating on the manager when the real rogue is mr Roy.

C'mon, get your tickets and get down to palmerston. If our old man hearts can survive this game we'll live into our 90's

Fair point. If I can sort out some last minute logistical problems I'll be there hoping we get the result to see us in this division and if we don't make it I'll approach the playoffs with the same mindset.

However after the season is over we really need a new manager as well as change of either personel or approach at a board level. In my opinion Mr Roy is a another symptom of the problem not the cause.

3 hours ago, sandy said:

Read my post, the only person who is drawing any tangential link to reality is you pal. 

And for the record, I do have a mind (of my own). But thanks for your concern for a fellow fan.

Delusional as always 

1 hour ago, KemoAvdiu said:

You’re right. It’s quite clear that this hard-hitting bit of journalism - which I’m sure was in no way a crisis-led response to the leak - really shows Bannigan’s true feelings on the matter.

Aye, let's dismiss the club captain's thoughts at PR bullsh*t because you don't like the manager. Good yin. 

4 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Or as our stadium announcer likes to call him "Your captain for today", which makes it sound as if there's been a straw poll during the week to decide who'll lead the team out next match. Oh, hing on :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laukat said:

Fair point. If I can sort out some last minute logistical problems I'll be there hoping we get the result to see us in this division and if we don't make it I'll approach the playoffs with the same mindset.

However after the season is over we really need a new manager as well as change of either personel or approach at a board level. In my opinion Mr Roy is a another symptom of the problem not the cause.

Agreed on all points. I read the other day that GB spoke to the daily ranger, I think it was , saying we were in good shape for next season???????surely that is just rhetoric for the press. Surely he doesn't really believe that.

I agree with you laukat, the team needs some major surgery but we so have a spine. We would be starting from a strong position. Quite possibly, if we are still in the championship, in a better position than most clubs.

Just my opinion but, Sneddon will be a top keeper, Tom o'hare if he recovers is a quality CH. Elliott and penrice are up there in this league as full back though would like to see penrice in mid field at some point. Bannigan Slater and spittal like wise. So there's player to build around. Deffo for next season another CH and gawd do we need to replace storey. Not all doom and gloom? If only we had a proper manager

49 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Aye, let's dismiss the club captain's thoughts at PR bullsh*t because you don't like the manager. Good yin. 

Come off it. A puff piece in the Herald that’s been placed with a sympathetic journo in response to this embarrassing episode isn’t really deserving of much credibility. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Remember when Lambie had the team training with a ballet troupe? There's a commemorative pair of pink ballet shoes on display at Firhill to hit the point home.

Just saying, like.

I thought they were McConalogue’s slippers!

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Or as our stadium announcer likes to call him "Your captain for today", which makes it sound as if there's been a straw poll during the week to decide who'll lead the team out next match. Oh, hing on :) 

Aye but the staium announcer sometimes talks a lot of sh*te! :wacko:

5 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Remember when Lambie had the team training with a ballet troupe? There's a commemorative pair of pink ballet shoes on display at Firhill to hit the point home.

Just saying, like.

And when Archie had them training with the army?

7 hours ago, javeajag said:

Shy quiet introverted etc 

Being a good leader and a good manager are not the same thing 

So to sum up:

You believe that someone can be a bad leader and a good manager at the same time.

Fair play to you Javeajag, each to their own.

We will have to agree to differ on this one :)

7 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Banzo was put out to quell the noise, as a professional paid employee of the Club he said what he was advised to say.

Nothing to see here say Caldwell fanbois, move along now....

It’s a PR shambles again; our Club is a laughing stock, and you still defend a manager that cannot make the right judgement call on many things?

9 hours ago, laukat said:

Who signed Roy? Oh yes, he is one of Gary’s sensational replacements for Archie’s duds...

12 minutes ago, sandy said:

Banzo was put out to quell the noise, as a professional paid employee of the Club he said what he was advised to say.

It’s a PR shambles again; our Club is a laughing stock, and you still defend a manager that cannot make the right judgement call on many things?

So essentially you are calling Stuart Bannigan a liar? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

So essentially you are calling Stuart Bannigan a liar? 

No.

But the very fact that this story is still in the press after quite a few days, shows how badly the Club has dealt with it. Repeated denials have kept it up there in the red tops.

This is not the Club I know and love.

Edited by sandy

1 minute ago, sandy said:

No.

That being the case he clearly stated the issue has in fact bonded the players. Is that not a good thing? If the players don't have a problem with it why should the fans? Well about 8 of them  

Just now, dl1971 said:

That being the case he clearly stated the issue has in fact bonded the players. Is that not a good thing? If the players don't have a problem with it why should the fans? Well about 8 of them  

The true test of any bonding will come on Saturday.

If we ran a straw poll on here, it would be more than 8 who want Caldwell out. But the number of active GC supporters on here is less than 8. ;)

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

The true test of any bonding will come on Saturday.

If we ran a straw poll on here, it would be more than 8 who want Caldwell out. But the number of active GC supporters on here is less than 8. ;)

Don't you just love democracy lol. Agreed the camps are split. Saturday will be a fundamental factor. 

33 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Do you think he’s going to come out to say the players find the whole thing an absolute riddy and that they were bemused at being asked? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sandy said:

The bit in bold is spot on. As club captain and a player fans respect he had to be put in front of a reporter as Caldwell's attempt at PR in yesterdays papers was so bad even the BBC ran the story with a 'look at what this daft mob are up to' tone

I think Stuart chose his words carefully. In particular this bit

“ I’ve done quite a few things in my time that are a bit out of the ordinary, but the manager has just wanted a rough idea of who the players felt they trusted."

First in Stuart's own words Caldwell's request was out of the ordinary. Its not exactly a great week to be experimenting with out of the ordinary requests is it?

Second he's saying Caldwell wanted to know who the players trusted. Why doesn't he know that already? Surely he speaks to them all as a group and on a one to one basis, why does he need them to write it down?

For what its worth I think despite this incident we will get the result we need on Saturday but this coupled with the other David Brent-esque behaviour of Caldwell on top of his questionable tactical, formation and team selection surely must mean its time for a parting of the ways at the end of the season?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

To quote Mandy Rice-Davis (or was it Christine Keeler) in the Profumo scandal, 'yes, well he would say that, wouldn't he?'

And, for the record, there were at least 8 voices around me in the JLS baying for Caldwell's blood at 1650 on Saturday.

Straw poll on here right now?  Caldo would get slaughtered.

Edited by Semi Nurainen
missed a bit as usual

• admin locked this topic