New Chairperson

eljaggo

Its high time the Club had a new chair.  Things have been going from bad to worse and change is badly needed.

What we need is someone with supernatural powers. Someone with the experience to help the Club rise from the hole in the ground into which it has sunk. Someone to rescue us from the graveyard of the beckoning First Division.

That someone is Lord Kelvin.  The noble lord bought 10,998 A shares and 200,000 B shares of Partick Thistle in 2011 and according to the latest published list of shareholders still held them in 2016. 

That is a quite remarkable feat since the noble lord, a life peer, died in Largs on the 17th Deceember 1907 and is buried in Westminster Abbey.

He obviously has all the necessary qualities needed for a full scale rescue.

Step forward Lord Kelvin, your club needs you.

• Haha 1

Damn and blast, ran out of haha's.

I've  been rambling on about this for what seems like all season. All through our beloved club we are rotten, the malaise has drip fed into the fans and there seems to be a terrible resignation about us at games. That said, at last night's game I heard a lot of protest against low and Caldwell which didn't turn into any collective chanting but I feel as if it's not far away.

Something has to change soon surely

Edited by Guest

On 3/23/2019 at 3:46 PM, eljaggo said:

Its high time the Club had a new chair.  Things have been going from bad to worse and change is badly needed.

What we need is someone with supernatural powers. Someone with the experience to help the Club rise from the hole in the ground into which it has sunk. Someone to rescue us from the graveyard of the beckoning First Division.

That someone is Lord Kelvin.  The noble lord bought 10,998 A shares and 200,000 B shares of Partick Thistle in 2011 and according to the latest published list of shareholders still held them in 2016. 

That is a quite remarkable feat since the noble lord, a life peer, died in Largs on the 17th Deceember 1907 and is buried in Westminster Abbey.

He obviously has all the necessary qualities needed for a full scale rescue.

Step forward Lord Kelvin, your club needs you.

It's not the same person.  You are talking about Lord Smith of Kelvin. Robert Smith was the Chair of Weir Pumps for a number of years. A well known Thistle fan and very much alive, as far as I'm aware.

1 hour ago, stolenscone said:

It's not the same person.  You are talking about Lord Smith of Kelvin. Robert Smith was the Chair of Weir Pumps for a number of years. A well known Thistle fan and very much alive, as far as I'm aware.

Bugger - I liked the idea of a Noble who died in 1907 being elected Chairman !!! A sort of El Cid Charachter - leading us into Battle  - he wouldnt say much- but his mere presence would be enough ( and  we would get no more PR Spin ) Yip lets go with Lord Kelvin of Largs - in fairness Bob Smith is a decent  guy also   - He Chaired the Commonwealth Games Committee - when it was his turn to Run with the Queens Baton ( The Commonwealth Games Equiv of the Olympic Torch ) he did his leg Running Round the pitch at Firhill - True Jag - Great Guy - But I still like the El Cid option 

26 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Bugger - I liked the idea of a Noble who died in 1907 being elected Chairman !!! A sort of El Cid Charachter - leading us into Battle  - he wouldnt say much- but his mere presence would be enough ( and  we would get no more PR Spin ) Yip lets go with Lord Kelvin of Largs - in fairness Bob Smith is a decent  guy also   - He Chaired the Commonwealth Games Committee - when it was his turn to Run with the Queens Baton ( The Commonwealth Games Equiv of the Olympic Torch ) he did his leg Running Round the pitch at Firhill - True Jag - Great Guy - But I still like the El Cid option 

If you're going down that route, Jim, why not go the whole way and pick a historic figure that will really put the willies up 'em. I vote for Tamerlane. Not afraid of a bit of continental slaughter. Inspiring.

Lord Smith has shares in Firhill Developments Ltd, so unfortunately your'e probably right Stolenscone, and Lord Kelvin is not someone pulling a fast one on the club/taxman.  Typical Thistle to get their share register wrong.

Pity though, would have been an improvement on JL.

On 3/24/2019 at 8:10 PM, eljaggo said:

It would certainly be more rewarding to try to communicate with El Cid than with Jacqui Low.  (even with his horse)

Caligula proclaimed his horse senator. 

(that’s an obscure nod to the great Scott Walker who died this week)