Morton 30/3/19

Auld Jag

3 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Here's hoping we find consistency of performance which has been missing this season. Bar RC games we have shown we can compete with everyone.

Even in 1st half vs County we showed we can compete. They aren’t unbeatable as Alloa proved yesterday.

3 hours ago, jagfox said:

I don’t think we were a million miles away from getting a decent result in the last couple of games, disastrous second half aside. Put it this way I won’t be writing off our chances of getting a result up there. They’ve been the best of a bad bunch in this league and I know their fans have questions around their management duo...but then again which team doesn’t....

It is entirely possible that RC are not top this time next week. They play ICT midweek and Dundee Utd on Friday. On the other hand they could have the league sewn up.

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Even in 1st half vs County we showed we can compete. They aren’t unbeatable as Alloa proved yesterday.

Good point well made.

I'm already making plans to go to dingwall on the way home from uist......just not told the wife yet!!

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

It is entirely possible that RC are not top this time next week. They play ICT midweek and Dundee Utd on Friday. On the other hand they could have the league sewn up.

I hope they do. I've nothing against either highland clubs and went to see them many times before RC came into the league and see the then caley and thistle.

It's more that I absolutely HATE DUFC, I wish them club players directors and fans nothing but I'll will! Odious club. Not just cos we lost the play off against them, I simply hate their elitist entitled attitude and the way their fans invade pitches all over Scotland without being taken to task. I know one day they'll get promoted again but boy have I loved seeing them lower down. Shower of sh1te

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Good point well made.

I'm already making plans to go to dingwall on the way home from uist......just not told the wife yet!!

Best of luck with that. I managed the round trip to Dingwall from a family holiday in a remote part of the Isle of Skye last year, after the fixture was rearranged. A long way to go for a miserable performance and a 4-0 drubbing, but I wouldn't have been anywhere else!

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Best of luck with that. I managed the round trip to Dingwall from a family holiday in a remote part of the Isle of Skye last year, after the fixture was rearranged. A long way to go for a miserable performance and a 4-0 drubbing, but I wouldn't have been anywhere else!

It's a great road lochalsh to dingwall. Did you take the old military road? Cuts about 45 minutes out cos it's so quiet. You can have a lot of fun on that road, even in my clapped out clio. But the other road is spectacular too. Real dedication to do a there and back from Skye in a day, hats off sir

This is my home game LOL  I commute from Uist every other week  to watch Thistle. The top road over through Achnasheen is quietest and quickest route to Dingwall from Uist . I was also at  4 -0 game a long dismal drive home after that one . Hoping for a result this time as a few County following friends need the smile wiped off their faces LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyler Machamilton said:

This is my home game LOL  I commute from Uist every other week  to watch Thistle. The top road over through Achnasheen is quietest and quickest route to Dingwall from Uist . I was also at  4 -0 game a long dismal drive home after that one . Hoping for a result this time as a few County following friends need the smile wiped off their faces LOL

Yes, that was the route I took-Stromeferry/Achnasheen/Contin etc. Lovely drive in the day time and hard work going back! Huge appreciation to you and others for your dedication in getting there to support the team from the Outer Hebrides as often as you do.

On 3/31/2019 at 8:37 PM, Tyler Machamilton said:

You have my undiluted admiration, sir. Time-wise, that's like travelling from rural Albania and back again to see the mighty Thistle. 

You are a true Jag. Lang may yer lum reek. 

24 minutes ago, Blackpool Jags said:

You have my undiluted admiration, sir. Time-wise, that's like travelling from rural Albania and back again to see the mighty Thistle. 

You are a true Jag. Lang may yer lum reek. 

Aye BJ, but it’s the Hielans!

Disappointed that the JagZone highlights did not show the Morton Number 8 being booked. Totally lost the plot after being penalised for what seemed a fairly straightforward and uncontroversial foul. All pointing fingers and snarling aggression aimed at both linesman and referee, and right in front of the Jags fans in the terracing  to add to the fun. Talked himself into a yellow card and then nearly into a red. Priceless.

Given the rubbish view I had from the corner of the terracing Morton chose to squash us into, I was really fortunate that all 3 goals (plus the aforementioned booking) all took place within my fairly restricted line of vision.

Thanks for the replies re Harkins and agree the high altitude training might help!

Had beeen wondering only because he had been in every matchday squad since he arrived (apart from one game when I think he was suspended). Agree though he's not been keeping up with play when I've seen him but feel he's generally been played too far forward.