PTFC v QoS 4/5/19

muirparkman

4 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Should we? Fitzpatrick was poor on Tuesday and even worse on Saturday. In saying that, Spittal is the player who's likely to start ahead of him and it looked like he'd lost heart at the weekend. Would play Slater ahead of Harkins.

I think some folk are genuinely blind to the fact that we looked a lot less dangerous when Storey was subbed on Saturday, Mansell's chance aside. Doolan manfully dropped deep to try and create chances, but he has very little pace, his touch appears to have deserted him and the goals are drying up. I appreciate that he's dug us out of the sh*t on many occasions, though, and he's scored more of his goals against Queen of the South than any other team...

I’ve heard Spittal is off

6 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

What ? Eating our words because this clown has somehow managed to just escape the play-offs by the skin of his teeth,  possibly due goal difference and the result matches played elsewhere.

You must be dreaming, win lose or draw on Saturday, Caldo can GTF.

I was referring to only those who predict we will get beat on Saturday. They will hopefully eat their words. They may not as we may get beat. Happy days

• Like 2

My advice to all Jags fans would be not to go to the game..How many times over the years have we turned out in massive numbers for crunch games only to be on the end of a doing... The only positive result in recent years that comes to mind was the 1 nil win vs Morton at home..

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McD said:

My advice to all Jags fans would be not to go to the game..How many times over the years have we turned out in massive numbers for crunch games only to be on the end of a doing... The only positive result in recent years that comes to mind was the 1 nil win vs Morton at home..

Peterhead  1 Thistle 2 in 2nd leg of play off final.

Hearts 2 Thistle  4 to clinch safety in first season back in Premier.

11 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

Dumfries is my favourite Scottish football jolly, so will definitely be there. 

As mentioned above - Peterhead - I’d given up and wasn’t going to go but the manner of the victory made it one of my highlights of following Thistle (even took the car, so wasn’t a booze cruise away day). 

12 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Peterhead  1 Thistle 2 in 2nd leg of play off final.

Hearts 2 Thistle  4 to clinch safety in first season back in Premier.

There were actually loads of them under Archie. Airdrie and Falkirk in promotion season. Motherwell and Ross County and St Mirren in our second season, Killie away in our third, Motherwell to clinch top six in our fourth. Even Dundee last season (though it ultimately didn't get us there).

St Mirren at Love Street back in 2002 also springs to mind.

It's maybe the sadness of following football that the failures can stay with you longer.

Everyone has to take envelopes and flash them in the stand as the team are walking out, if this whatsapp thing is true then I think we’d be better trying to make a laugh out of it then putting extra pressure on the players, imagine the players walking out and a load of Jags fans waving blank envelopes, it’ll be funny as hell and might relax them! It reminds me of the scene in The Departed when they have to put all their details in an envelope and hand it in to the boss. I just hope Caldwello finds his rat!

2 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Everyone has to take envelopes and flash them in the stand as the team are walking out, if this whatsapp thing is true then I think we’d be better trying to make a laugh out of it then putting extra pressure on the players, imagine the players walking out and a load of Jags fans waving blank envelopes, it’ll be funny as hell and might relax them! It reminds me of the scene in The Departed when they have to put all their details in an envelope and hand it in to the boss. I just hope Caldwello finds his rat!

Brilliant idea!

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:18 PM, sandy said:

This. If we survive I’ll be relieved but not eating any words; Caldwell is the wrong manager for us.

Besides he is just waiting till a NW England ‘bigger club’ come calling so he can move home. 

Wigan is just up the road.

7 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

What is the latest news about pay at the gate?  Will there be tickets available?

From the QoS website:

Due to the significance of the game we are expecting a large crowd on Saturday.  Entrance to the match will be by ticket only.

Partick Thistle fans should note that section six - nine of the BDS Digital (East) Stand and Terregles Street Terrace have been set aside for away supporters. 

They should enter the stadium via turnstiles three and four for the BDS Stand and turnstiles one and two if they have a ticket for the Terregles Terrace. 

No movement between the BDS Stand and Terregles Terrace will be allowed. Entry will only be allowed to the area identified on your ticket. BDS Stand and Terregles Terrace tickets have been forwarded to Partick Thistle FC for pre-purchase.

A limited number of Terregles Terrace tickets will be available for purchase on the day from the BDS Stand away ticket office which will open around half past 12.  Please note that the BDS Stand ticket office is a CASH ONLY office.

For home supporters ONLY, the Arena ticket office will be open from around half past 11. 

Ticket prices:

Adults: £18
Concessions: £10
Under 16's: £5

Adult Accessible: £8
Concession Accessible: £5
Under 16 Accessible: £3

Wheelchair access for away supporters is on the south side of BDS Digital stand. There is a lay-by on King Street for vehicles to drop their passengers for flat access to the ground. Disabled parking is available on the north side of the BDS Digital Stand or at the Arena car park. The cost of entry of one personal assistant is included in the price of the accessible ticket.

There will be on-street parking restrictions.  However, car parking is available in the QOS Arena car park, alternatively there is plenty of other on and off street parking available around the stadium.

It is suggested that buses/minibuses drop off their passengers in Terregles St/King Street and thereafter park on College Mains road just off the roundabout with the A76 on the town bypass (adjacent to Curry's/PC World, as the other side at Aldi is the access road to the ambulance depot and is extremely busy). Pick up should be the same location. Supporters buses including minibuses will NOT be allowed to park in the Arena car park.

Although it is likely to busy with people getting to and from the Stadium, there are no ongoing roadworks currently around Dumfries that may affect travel times to Palmerston Park. Fans should check the Traffic Scotland website at <http://trafficscotland.org/index.aspx> for confirmation of any delays.

There will be catering facilities for both sets of supporters throughout the stadium or you can visit the QOS Arena café where a full menu is on offer prior to gaining entry to the ground. The bar under the Gates Stand will also be open for refreshments. 

QOS have adopted a robust and thorough search policy for spectators entering the ground to ensure that ground rules and regulations are strictly adhered to, especially in relation to pyrotechnic devices and controlled containers. All bags will be searched and spectators presenting themselves for entry may also be subject to search. Spectators who refuse to be searched by stewards will be denied entry to the ground.

Palmerston Park is a non-smoking venue, this includes e-cigarettes and other such devices. Stewards are empowered to eject spectators who disobey these rules. No persons will be admitted to the ground who are deemed to be under the influence of alcohol.

All spectators are required to abide by our acceptable behaviour policy. 

On 4/29/2019 at 8:28 PM, Norgethistle said:

I’ve heard Spittal is off

Any ideas to what team?

much as I have criticised some of Archie’s signings- he has been a decent acquisition and will likely get better though from what your saying unfortunately doesn’t look like with us