BBC poor again

jagfaelivi

Stuart Bannigan has been kicking around Scottish football for an age and the BBC still manage , on their match report today, to call him BRANNIGAN. I thought the first time it might have been a typo but, no, they did it three times. Just what sort of people do they employ? And we pay  a licence for its ineptitude.

It's predictably poor but unless you, or they, as in a journalist, are writing about the ugly sisters then you are so far down the apple tree that everytime a dog pisses you get wet. The BBC and media as a whole have minimal interest out with the ugly sisters, the edinbugger brats and the sheep shaggers. It has always been so but since the oldco 9 in a row times, every other team are there to make up the numbers, especially in the written press.

Richard Gordon does his best but the reporters and pundits seem to always bring his questioning round to compare and contrast with the h*ns and Tim's. They pander to the masses in the fear people switch off.

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

It's a pity English isn't his first language but about the only pundit worth his salt is Derek Ferguson. 

My experience is that most of the BBC's own and hired sports journalists whose first language is not English are better in both English and at least one other language. (Disclaimer: I have a personal interest in this.) Maybe it has something to do with a tendency to retreat into a limited monoglot ghetto. :unknw:

20 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

It's a pity English isn't his first language but about the only pundit worth his salt is Derek Ferguson. 

I love listening to him. So honest and to the point and comes over as completely genuine. Met him a few times, lovely friendly guy. Not up himself in the slightest and nothing like you'd expect from his media encouraged persona of his playing days.

Most skillful player I've seen in a Thistle jersey and it was only about 8 or so games I seem to remember. Most of the rest are full of it, but sportsound is still better than the rest. Clyde are simply all about the ugly sisters and 5live has zero interest in Scottish football.

Billy Dodds is a nice chap and is worth a listen to his opinion, Miller is full of it as is Preston and Stewart. And as for chic young.................

Edited by Guest
Shooking spulling