Doolan

javeajag

Disgraceful that Caldwell didn’t give him a cameo at QoS. He has been such a great servant to the club and I strongly believe he can get at least another 20 goals wearing thistle colours. 1 bad season in 10 and he is getting shown the door. Just wait for Storey to get a new 5 year deal within the next week. :angry2:

2 minutes ago, crazy davie said:

Absolutely heart-broken at this news. Raging too. There's no doubt in my mind that this is purely down to Caldwell. As if shipping out Squiddy wasn't bad enough...

The thing with squiddy is that if he didn’t go to Livingston we wouldn’t have got McMillan or Saunders. 

Disgraceful decision, under Caldwell’s tenure so far , appraising the season as a whole it has been absolutely shocking, only cementing our place in the league on the very last game . It was that bad , we gave one of our player of the year awards to Scott Macdonald who had only played 1O games for us .

Caldwell has ripped the total fabric out of our Club , letting players like Erskine and Doolan go who the supporters identified with through good times and bad .

If Gary Caldwell can’t see the quality in a player like Doolan we’re in big trouble, even for a senior player to show an example to a young player coming up in the game what can be achieved through hard work and dedication, surely even that should have been a consideration.

Done the sponsorship thing  for the last 15 years through my company, that’s now going to stop , shocking way to treat a player who is in his testimonial year and our highest ever scorer in the league .

Dools thanks for the memories .

• Like 1

Honestly some people on this forum need to get a grip.

We slated the club for not making difficult decisions in the past and for me this makes total sense.  Also did anyone think that it might be Doolan himself who made this decision.

finance will be tight and it’s time this squad has a complete overhaul. We have zero room for sentiment.

• Like 8

Just now, jlsarmy said:

Disgraceful decision, under Caldwell’s tenure so far , appraising the season as a whole it has been absolutely shocking, only cementing our place in the league on the very last game . It was that bad , we gave one of our player of the year awards to Scott Macdonald who had only played 1O games for us .

Caldwell has ripped the total fabric out of our Club , letting players like Erskine and Doolan go who the supporters identified with through good times and bad .

If Gary Caldwell can’t see the quality in a player like Doolan we’re in big trouble, even for a senior player to show an example to a young player coming up in the game what can be achieved through hard work and dedication, surely even that should have been a consideration.

Done the sponsorship thing  for the last 15 years through my company, that’s now going to stop , shocking way to treat a player who is in his testimonial year and our highest ever scorer in the league .

Dools thanks for the memories .

Ridiculous post 

Who really knows if this was Doolan's, Caldwell's or a mutual decision. Unfortunate he didn't get on the pitch at QoS, but sure there will be other chances to wish him well.

Thanks for all the good times Kris - you have played a huge part in the club's success over the last few seasons.

3 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Elaborate ?

If we keep Doolan on the balance of probabilities we get his form of the last two seasons not that of 5 years ago.... it’s simply sentiment over facts and s blind hatred of Caldwell .... Mac Donald it can be argued kept us up not doolan 

I would have loved Doolan to have stayed as a player/coach and have seen him make some cameo appearances next season with, no doubt, a few goals along the way, but he was never going to be a regular starter and if he wants to feature on a weekly basis somewhere else, good luck to him. I almost - and I accept this isn't going to be a popular view - feel sorry for Gary Caldwell over this. Doolan's time as our first choice forward was clearly over and his moving on was inevitable either this season or next. Caldwell (and Low) must have realised they'd get it in the neck from fans over this. Hard decision, but that's life. Anyway, privileged to have watch Kris Doolan as a Thistle player. A legend.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Who said he was ?

you don’t like Caldwell that’s not a reason to offer doolan a new contract 

I was commenting on how *Caldwell* treats people. When a player has played for a decade for your club, and there’s a good chance he won’t be here next season, and you’re 3-0 up with an unused sub on the last day of the season, you give them a cameo to say goodbye to their fans.

You brought up the irrelevant question of the testimonial, something Caldwell had no involvement in setting up, as a way of suggesting he had therefore treated Doolan right.

He hasn’t.

• Like 1

Just now, Woodstock Jag said:

I was commenting on how *Caldwell* treats people. When a player has played for a decade for your club, and there’s a good chance he won’t be here next season, and you’re 3-0 up with an unused sub on the last day of the season, you give them a cameo to say goodbye to their fans.

You brought up the irrelevant question of the testimonial, something Caldwell had no involvement in setting up, as a way of suggesting he had therefore treated Doolan right.

He hasn’t.

Ok .... you dont always give s player a cameo it’s not a rule but your personal preference and not really mine 

you have no idea the relationship has with Doolan , who said what etc ... you just hate Caldwell 

i brought up the testimonial not because of Caldwell but because it’s part of how the club has treated doolan in the round 

if doolan comes out and says he refused a new contract you’ll blame Caldwell 

Just now, javeajag said:

If we keep Doolan on the balance of probabilities we get his form of the last two seasons not that of 5 years ago.... it’s simply sentiment over facts and s blind hatred of Caldwell .... Mac Donald it can be argued kept us up not doolan 

With that explanation it would appear you have a different opinion from jlsarmy but I fail to see how jlsarmy's post is "ridiculous"

Do you believe that everyone who is of the opinion that we should have kept Doolan is "ridiculous"?

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Don’t disagree with that at all but surely in an attacking team Kris Doolan will score goals for another 5 years as he’s proved time and again .

You need senior pros round the Club and also his involvement in the coaching of the U18s shouldn’t be underestimated.

Need to replace him with 39 yr old Kenny Miller ?

1 minute ago, laukat said:

With that explanation it would appear you have a different opinion from jlsarmy but I fail to see how jlsarmy's post is "ridiculous"

Do you believe that everyone who is of the opinion that we should have kept Doolan is "ridiculous"?

The petty reference to withholding funds from the club is ridiculous when they don’t kerp s player you like 

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Don’t disagree with that at all but surely in an attacking team Kris Doolan will score goals for another 5 years as he’s proved time and again .

You need senior pros round the Club and also his involvement in the coaching of the U18s shouldn’t be underestimated.

Need to replace him with 39 yr old Kenny Miller ?

I wouldn’t have miller 

in the last two seasons doolan has been poor 

it’s sad but true 

Just now, javeajag said:

The petty reference to withholding funds from the club is ridiculous when they don’t kerp s player you like 

It’s more to do with how the Club is being run just now , how would you make a statement to the Club if the supporters were unhappy with the way things were going .

Write a letter ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok .... you dont always give s player a cameo it’s not a rule but your personal preference and not really mine 

I say that when you’re 3-0 up and they’ve been here a decade you do.

you have no idea the relationship has with Doolan , who said what etc ... you just hate Caldwell 

i brought up the testimonial not because of Caldwell but because it’s part of how the club has treated doolan in the round 

My beef isn’t with the Club. It’s with Caldwell.

if doolan comes out and says he refused a new contract you’ll blame Caldwell 

Nope, Doolan’s entitled to move on after this long and distinguished service.

If he rejected it because Caldwell won’t give him more game time that’s fine. I think Caldwell’s perfectly entitled to make that judgment. I disagree with it but that’s fine.

What I can’t abide is how he has marginalised two Club heroes and not given them the professional respect they deserve by letting them leave on their own terms with proper goodbyes to the fans.

• Like 1

Just now, javeajag said:

jlsarmy is entitled to spend his money as he see's fit so still not "ridiculous" just a statement of his intention.

However I again don't think jlsarmy will be alone and the decision to not keep doolan will impact season tickets and possibly sponsership but I'm sure Caldwell took that into account when making his decision?

For me the decision to let Doolan go hinges on the replacement.

Just now, javeajag said:

I wouldn’t have miller 

it’s sad but true 

Just now, javeajag said:

I wouldn’t have miller 

it’s sad but true 

And the rest of the team ? , if the team had been doing well I take your point , the team has been shocking for the last 2 seasons playing with a fear with 2 negative managers whose remit seems to have been not to lose games rather than win them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

And the rest of the team ? , if the team had been doing well I take your point , the team has been shocking for the last 2 seasons playing with a fear with 2 negative managers whose remit seems to have been not to lose games rather than win them

Which is why we need to change the squad !

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Which is why we need to change the squad !

The squad has changed but better bet to change the manager or do you think he’s had a good season .

There is a disconnect between the supporters and Caldwell, if we’re going to go down the Academy route and produce young players a manager whose base is in Manchester/ Wigan isn’t ideal