Doolan

javeajag

Just now, jagfox said:

Wouldn't be offering him a new contract. Wanted the club to go in another direction was what the manager told him.

Not a money issue according to Kris but then discussions never got that far.

Of course it wasn't a money issue.  The guy took a 50% wage cut to stay last season and knocked back a deal with St Johnstone which would have kept him on the same wage he was on in the premier with us.  The guy was as loyal as you could possibly be.  He's been treated like absolute shite.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ian_mac said:

Of course it wasn't a money issue.  The guy took a 50% wage cut to stay last season and knocked back a deal with St Johnstone which would have kept him on the same wage he was on in the premier with us.  The guy was as loyal as you could possibly be.  He's been treated like absolute shite.

Wherever he goes next will have made a great signing. I think he'll be fired up rather than fade away. 

Just now, jagfox said:

Wherever he goes next will have made a great signing. I think he'll be fired up rather than fade away. 

McCall will be after him of course but I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy Wright came back in for him again.  

6 minutes ago, ian_mac said:

He has said he has had offers to go to other clubs over the years. But he said he was happy at Firhill.

5 minutes ago, ian_mac said:

McCall will be after him of course but I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy Wright came back in for him again.  

He'd do well at both of those teams. St Johnstone have still been playing Chris Kane this season lol

3 minutes ago, ian_mac said:

Don't think he will be short of offers. Apart from being a good player, he is a very good professional.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ian_mac said:

He sure has.

Think I'll hold back on the season ticket purchase until I see what this new direction is that GC's taking the club in.

3 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Wouldn't be offering him a new contract. Wanted the club to go in another direction was what the manager told him.

Not a money issue according to Kris but then discussions never got that far.

What a disgraceful way to treat someone of Kris Doolan’s stature , the three Wise monkeys Britton , Caldwell and Jacqui Lowe should be no where near our Club, should have given Kris the respect he was due , for his service to the Club over 10 years and for what he achieved for us.

There is no leadership at the Club, if there was this wouldn’t have been handled this way .

Absolutely disgusted at the way he has been treated. Putting it out on twitter before the guy has even left the building is nothing short of a disgrace. Give the man some respect. I still strongly believe that he can still contribute to this team and score at least another 20 goals. I wish to see him back at firhill sometime in the future. 

True Legend Dools was and I wish him good luck wherever he goes. 

Doolan bleeds red and yellow.

22 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Not in the slightest. I said you were talking rubbish and that your argument was nonsense. Nothing “personal” about it.

Still, what with your unique skills in “plain English” I’m sure you can read that back for yourself.

In my book that's personal. Alternatively your opinion is utterly rubbish. Two can play that game. As jagsfox says let's leave it there on this particular thread. For the record and the avoidance of doubt I thoroughly enjoyed Doolan tenure. We will never see his like again for longevity and for his humble personality.  All the best Kris.

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

What a disgraceful way to treat someone of Kris Doolan’s stature , the three Wise monkeys Britton , Caldwell and Jacqui Lowe should be no where near our Club, should have given Kris the respect he was due , for his service to the Club over 10 years and for what he achieved for us.

There is no leadership at the Club, if there was this wouldn’t have been handled this way .

The Club Announcement just looks like complete pre - written spin-after hearing the interview - if it was put out as suggested before he left the building- s being suggested then the credibility of the Club just hit rock bottom and we are being treated as idiots 

1 minute ago, ian_mac said:

as a thistle fan i am totally and utterly ashamed, how my club has treated this player

just listened to doolan on the radio, he has been treated like absolute shite

caldwell should be out the door right now

a player that has given 10 years to our club, not a young player or a player that signed up for one season

but a player that has been part of ptfc, committed to the cause, in other words a jag just like you and me

this is not the partick thistle that i have supported 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

The petty reference to withholding funds from the club is ridiculous when they don’t kerp s player you like 

Why?   Customers can choose to do what they like with their money - if JLS goes above and beyond because he can - as many others do - and they don't like the product or ethos anymore, then quite right they should walk with their wallets - what exactly is wrong with that - why are the club being defended by you for making a business decision over Doolan but a customer has no right to make a decision?

For me, I would rather have no Weir money, and a club to be proud of - the Doolan affair is shoddy.

I don't disagree with you that the club can do what they want, but so can we, the customers, and I have a simple philosophy - try to treat people the way you would want to be treated yourself.

We all have different opinions on this and no ones is more or less valid than yours. We also all have different standards we aspire to. I am comfortable with mine which is why I think Doolan has been treated appallingly. Some may have different standards. I would not like to be treated how Doolan has been.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ScottyDFA said:

He sure has.

Think I'll hold back on the season ticket purchase until I see what this new direction is that GC's taking the club in.

Oh you better watch - you will get a telling off from javeajag for that

Kris will always be a legend . In a lot of ways keeping kris would have been an easy option for Caldwell.  The one thing I would say about Caldwell is that he isn’t afraid to take hard decisions to move club forward. No room for sentiment in this game . Archie stated that one of his issues was he was too loyal. Right decision letting kris go - now is the time to bring in players who can move the club forward. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dibble said:

Kris will always be a legend . In a lot of ways keeping kris would have been an easy option for Caldwell.  The one thing I would say about Caldwell is that he isn’t afraid to take hard decisions to move club forward. No room for sentiment in this game . Archie stated that one of his issues was he was too loyal. Right decision letting kris go - now is the time to bring in players who can move the club forward. 

And its  also about not pissing off your Customers - he could have had him as a Player /Coach - used him as a sub - kept the Fans onside buying ST and all the other things we need to sell - instead he made a point not to -  thats not a hard decision he made - thats a stupid decision IMO and supported by the BOD - its starting to look like its the GC show and no one dare question it  

I missed the interview with Kris on Radio Scotland, and only managed to catch the part where the talking heads were saying Caldwell is 'focused', single minded, tunnel vision, only one thought in his head and that is promotion' …. sorry, but IMO, GC has a personality deficiency in that he cannot go to a person and say face to face what needs to be said … this is a massive shortcoming in someone who is supposed to be a manager, especially a manager who needs to have basic man management skills.

As a manager, I am not convinced by GC, but as a person he appears to be a total sh*t

And on a personal note I am prepared to say that to his face.

Edited by ARu-Strathbungo