A New Direction?

QXBoy

1 minute ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

A lot of your posts sound like you have a personal axe to grind with the board. It almost sounds like you want this to fall flat on it's face? 

The bottom line is that from the outset Ive never been convinced  ref the Training Ground  - everytime things were going poorly on the Park-  we got a big Training Ground Announcement - then it was hyped as to how wonderful it would be for the Club -and it was our Future - but when actual questions were asked about the affordability of Running Costs - the responses were vague - then rumours start emerging about the budget not matching the reality of the chosen venue - so for me its about credibility - its tangible and nothing has been delivered - to date all we have is Press Statements and PR on multi aspects - but this is real bricks & mortar - and given the massive PR then we have a right to have a detialed statement from the Club on exactly what the position is -  - My Axe to grind with the Board is that I think we are going backwards - off the feild  and on it - I worry about where the money is coming from going forward - the disconnect between Fans & Club that has built up  - I dont know any of them well enough to have anything more than a view like any other fan 

1 minute ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

If we're chasing promotion next season then all will be well. But if we get off to a bad start then the pressure will really be on Caldwell/Low. The jury is out on both of them (other opinions are available) but PR gaffes like yesterday plus the "we are going for promotion" (subsequently denied in an ET interview this week), the fans engagement/updates which never happened, the total silence on the training ground, and generally Low hiding behind a sofa for months, doesnt build goodwill with the fans. Add to that a manager who has a big ego but no big success to date to match, then this has the potential to turn quickly if results dont go well.

I sincerely hope Caldwell is a success and Low shows she actually does possess good PR skills. We shall see.

Having or not having good PR skills are probably the least of Low's concerns.  She is secure as Chair for as long as she retains the confidence of the Weirs.  The rest of the Board know this and are effectively powerless to prevent Low acting alone.

There has been anger on the forum over the way Doolan has been treated, and more widely about communication between Club and fans.  Yet fans do not make nearly enough use of the two vehicles available to them to hold the Club to account - namely the two fans trusts.  The trusts should have been demanding  an urgent meeting with the Board (not just with Britton/Low) to get cogent explanations, and to agree a framewotk for future communication.

This fiasco is our fault as well as the fault of Low.

I am completely certain that everyone on here as Thistle fans wants success in season 19/20. At the moment we have just started the process with players leaving but we are still waiting on the new players coming in which will give us a better indication of how we are placed. Things are still a bit raw with Kris' departure but the club will go on as harsh at that sounds. I was not around in 1971 but I imagine that there would have been some upset fans when that team started breaking up but life went on. I do remember the late Mr Lambie leaving us to go to Falkirk but we did not just put up the Closed sign (although the season that followed was not great).

At the moment we are level with all the other teams that will be in the Championship next season and come the first game of the season we will still travel with all the same dreams, hopes and expectations we have had for all the seasons prior to this one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

TODAY'S  THIRD " Degree" LANARK  V  WOODSTOCK "Tory Boy" JAG  FIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELED.

INSTEAD WE WILL BE SHOWING

A RE-RUN OF THE RECENT BOUT

JORDANHILL "Mr Dour" JAG  V  JAVEA "Mr Condescending" JAG

ENJOY!!!

:D

Have I been bumped off the list of supporting bouts? ;) 

4 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So Harkins is worth an 18 Month Contract-  who is knackered after Running 25 m ?  But Dools they couldnt do a Player /Coach one Year Contract ? 

Mcdonald was a very fit individual and the exception to the rule - therefore it is a massive risk having him as a reference point - but if this is the "Club New Direction" then fair enough - dont think our Fans are buying into it .. 

Harkins was knackered after the minutes applause before the Ayr game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

TODAY'S  THIRD " Degree" LANARK  V  WOODSTOCK "Tory Boy" JAG  FIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELED.

INSTEAD WE WILL BE SHOWING

A RE-RUN OF THE RECENT BOUT

JORDANHILL "Mr Dour" JAG  V  JAVEA "Mr Condescending" JAG

ENJOY!!!

:D

:clapping:

But I feel I must let the record show that I don't, and have never, voted Tory...

Looks like Caldwell has a damage limitation piece with Graeme McGarry in the herald tomorrow  where he will give us more detail on his new direction.

Early indications look like the 'new direction' might be as a retirement home for ageing old firm players

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17632265.gary-caldwell-no-brainer-for-partick-thistle-to-sign-kris-boyd-or-kenny-miller/?ref=twtrec

• Like 1

Elliot to be the highest paid player at the club??!!!  I admire his commitment but...

Fitzy subject to an "almost £1m deal".... If true then what could we get for him in another year if he plays well...

Mind you, never trust everything you read in a newspaper.......

9 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Elliot to be the highest paid player at the club??!!!  I admire his commitment but...

Fitzy subject to an "almost £1m deal".... If true then what could we get for him in another year if he plays well...

I think a lot of deals now are based on an upfront fee then various additional fees at later dates but if he can keep his head down and progress he could have a big future.

15 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

200k upfront, ex amount after ex amount of games, 600k when he wins the World Cup 

12 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Harkens had an excellent 90 minutes at Somerset, not sure if you were there? He was never going to last a full 90 minutes a few days later

You’re right , but by my reckoning he’s played well for  1 and 1/2 games since he came back .

He’s done , maybe Morton , Ayr and QOS called it right , Caldwell seems to want to build a retirement home for 30 something football players Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd you’re having a laugh .

18 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

You’re right , but by my reckoning he’s played well for  1 and 1/2 games since he came back .

He’s done , maybe Morton , Ayr and QOS called it right , Caldwell seems to want to build a retirement home for 30 something football players Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd you’re having a laugh .

True

4 hours ago, laukat said:

Looks like Caldwell has a damage limitation piece with Graeme McGarry in the herald tomorrow  where he will give us more detail on his new direction.

Early indications look like the 'new direction' might be as a retirement home for ageing old firm players

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17632265.gary-caldwell-no-brainer-for-partick-thistle-to-sign-kris-boyd-or-kenny-miller/?ref=twtrec

Not sure about the fitness of Kenny Miller but I know Kris Boyd wasn’t playing for Killie because his Achilles was gubbed , is this really the direction we’re going down ? , says everything about Gary Caldwell, he must have no confidence in his own ability to coach and progress young players which is what we need at the football club.

Guys like Miller and Boyd ( 39 and 36 respectively) , have no interest in our Club , basically just looking for a wage before they retire . 

Got one thing right Gary , this is definitely a different direction you’re taking our football club .

4 hours ago, laukat said:

Not sure about the fitness of Kenny Miller but I know Kris Boyd wasn’t playing for Killie because his Achilles was gubbed , is this really the direction we’re going down ? , says everything about Gary Caldwell, he must have no confidence in his own ability to coach and progress young players which is what we need at the football club.

Guys like Miller and Boyd ( 39 and 36 respectively) , have no interest in our Club , basically just looking for a wage before they retire . 

Got one thing right Gary , this is definitely a different direction you’re taking our football club .

46 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Nice to see the Thistle spin machine purr into action. We have clearly not knocked back a £1 million offer for Fitzpatrick, and saying we have done is straight out the Rangers playbook (“Ibrox chief rejects £12 million for Morelos” type nonsense).

That’s up there with the Training Ground, still going for promotion with a month to go , Gary Caldwell’ s interviews etc etc

Someone should just gag Caldwell. Every time he speaks he adds fuel to the fire. He sees himself as a top manager and strategist but the reality is more like a David Brent/ Alan Partridge love child.

kenny miller or boyd as doolan’s replacement? Really? 

what good can it possibly do to announce Christie as the top earner? 

Total and utter fud 

• Like 2