Championship transfer thread - all the ins...

Dark Passenger

2 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Morton sign former Falkirk defender Peter Grant.

He looked a very good player at around the time when Falkirk had that run to the Cup Final. Strong defender and scored goals too. I can remember hoping that we would try to sign him, but thought that his sights would be set higher (even when we were in the Premier). Is there any particular reason (injury?) why his career has not (yet) blossomed as expected?

4 hours ago, partickthedog said:

He looked a very good player at around the time when Falkirk had that run to the Cup Final. Strong defender and scored goals too. I can remember hoping that we would try to sign him, but thought that his sights would be set higher (even when we were in the Premier). Is there any particular reason (injury?) why his career has not (yet) blossomed as expected?

Bad knee injury.

Getting a bit concerned about the lack of signings, seems to be the same as Archie’s transfer policy, getting players in at the last minute with no pre season with us to get used to formations and systems.

We’ve got less than a week to go before the competitive games go , totally lacking pace in the team after Aiden , Christie Elliott and Storey have gone and I don’t see at this point how we cover the goals we’ve lost in the team Macdonald, Doolan , Spittall and now Fitzpatrick.

1 minute ago, Dark Passenger said:

The teams we're playing in the League Cup games are in the same boat. Some people - i.e. you - are keiching their breaks over a false deadline.

Sorry mate , if you look at the last few seasons, the players that are usually left are our level are usually journeymen pros who haven’t got a club and just looking to get a wage . It’s happened to us year after year . We usually get what’s left .

Hope I’m wrong this year 

17 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Sorry mate , if you look at the last few seasons, the players that are usually left are our level are usually journeymen pros who haven’t got a club and just looking to get a wage . It’s happened to us year after year . We usually get what’s left .

Hope I’m wrong this year 

I want us to win all these cup games so want as strong a team as possible.

i do think so far Caldwell has been a bit better with signings than Archie. I’m hoping the delays are simply because it’s either loans eg Oli Shaw form and waiting for Hibs to agree when he goes out or someone like Wright and he’s only waiting to agree a severance package with Aberdeen.

We had a couple of guys on trial and I don’t think Caldwell thinks he was good enough whereas Archie Would probably have signed him and hoped for the best. This makes me think Caldwell knows who he is bringing in and it’s only a couple of minor reasons as to the delay.

however if it’s some English lower league player that comes in no one has really heard of, like Archie regularly bought in then to me it will have been the same old story of missing out on our targets 

1 hour ago, Mr Bunny said:

What kind of player is he, anyone know?  (I know he plays midfield but is he a Fitzpatrick replacement (winger/attacking midfield) or a solid ball winner who can distribute?

He’s a ball winning midfielder who does the simple things well..

The boy Ayr signed is an Attacking midfielder who is technically very good