Ryan Williamson signs

jaggy

16 hours ago, jaggy said:

Hopefully that means Joe will be staying as well :fan:

Was at Starks park with QoS supporting friend last night; JC was interviewed on the pitch at half-time when he was very, very complimentary about thistle manager and players. Stressed how much he had enjoyed himself at firhill. Definitely sounded as though he wanted to extend his stay among us

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Williamson looks and sounds like a decent right back, who's looking forward to "bombing" up and down the wings and slinging in crosses. Here's hoping he soon learns to drop the "Partick" bit !

Somebody gave him the heads up on Twitter, seems to have got the 'We are THISTLE' message.

• Like 1

Williamson was linked with hibs a year or so ago. Looks like injuries have put off clubs from signing him. If we can keep him fit then we have a very good player. Good to see us signing guys who have experience of playing in the Scottish leagues. Think the mistake in the last few years is we got too many players who had not played in Scotland before. 

Edited by northjag

1 hour ago, northjag said:

Williamson was linked with hibs a year or so ago. Looks like injuries have put off clubs from signing him. If we can keep him fit then we have a very good player. Good to see us signing guys who have experience of playing in the Scottish leagues. Think the mistake in the last few years is we got too many players who had not played in Scotland before. 

Indeed....and in some cases had not played  anywhere for a while ....

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

I can change my opinion on players in one game.

Know what you mean. Yesterday I was thinking Murray was doing nothing in the game, when he blocks the Falkirk defender to allow Joe to nod in the equaliser. 
I just thought it remarkable that there were at least 3 players in this thread who were being lauded as great signings, that now cause consternation when picked.

5 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Know what you mean. Yesterday I was thinking Murray was doing nothing in the game, when he blocks the Falkirk defender to allow Joe to nod in the equaliser. 
I just thought it remarkable that there were at least 3 players in this thread who were being lauded as great signings, that now cause consternation when picked.

Most thought we had a really good January window and Rudden was going to bang them in. Our current squad before the season started some said would have us challenging in the championship. As the old saying goes, football is played on the pitch and not on paper and that is the problem