Youth Academy closing ?

Bobbyhouston

52 minutes ago, javeajag said:

We did that this season we invested the parachute payment to stay up, didn’t make any cuts .....it failed these are the consequences 

ireckin we are a business now with a revenue of at best £3m that’s all we have to spend 

Not even close - try less than £2 MN based on the last time we were in the Championship - and various Office Staff Wages were being paid outwit the Club Budget - plus Stadium FM etc going via Peoples Companies Gratis - as a Director once said - we are a £1.6 MN Turnover Company - unfortunately we only bring in £1.3 MN 

11 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Not even close - try less than £2 MN based on the last time we were in the Championship - and various Office Staff Wages were being paid outwit the Club Budget - plus Stadium FM etc going via Peoples Companies Gratis - as a Director once said - we are a £1.6 MN Turnover Company - unfortunately we only bring in £1.3 MN 

I was assuming there will be a transition down to the circa £2m level but that we will be higher next season 

5 hours ago, Firhillista said:

What a load of drivel. 

The club gets relegated and maintains the office staff numbers in the hope of promotion: promotion doesn't come so they reorganise to acknowledge the lower income. It's crap for those people who will lose their jobs, but you would be the first person to complain about the club losing money (if norgethistle or Jordanhill Jag didn't beat you to it).

I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about Erskine and Dools - the club is more than a couple of players, no matter how much they're Thistle men. I wouldn't want either in next season's squad: we need players who can make a contribution. 

What financial projections were wrong? I don't know of any. You doubtless just threw that in there to put some more negativity into it. Gilding the Lily it's called.

The 'Excellent Main Stand' isn't closing, it'll be used when necessary. But again, hey ho, let's make it a negative. And 'excellent'? Have you been in it?

I've been following this club a hell of a lot longer than 20 years and it would take more than what's happened in the past year to put me off. You have contributed to a toxic negativity on this forum that  others have also indulged in to a ridiculous extent. Every single statement coming out of the club over the past year has been given the most negative spin possible. Where does this feeling of entitlement come from? You think Thistle should be guaranteed success? You think it should be run as some kind of sentimental project called the Thistle legacy? What the hell is that? Your done. Great. I can only hope that taking a break from all this will improve your mental health. It'll certainly improve mine.

We kept a Premier League Back Office Infrastructure despite being relegated  - we made no attempt to adjust to the Chamoionship and continued as though we were still in the Premier despite actually being in the relegation zone most of the Season - getting safety on the last day - so it was obvious last December we weren't going up - but zero attempt to address our overhead - this is so the Chair & CEO could continue to say Promotion is still the Plan - we insisted in over playing the new Training Ground as the answer to our problems - yet couldn't answer simple questions on the Running Cost affordability ( still haven't ) not that I think its going to be an issue - the decisions on cuts should have been planned - managed and people given the maximum chance to find a new job - even now we make a Commercial Manager Redundant who brought in money ? 

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I was assuming there will be a transition down to the circa £2m level but that we will be higher next season 

We averaged circa £1.5 Mn previously in the Championship - we have £250K of stage 2 Parachute Payment Money - this was obviously Pre Weir Involvement - the Chairman  made a statement  to a Fan at the GC Nite that they put No Money into the Club beyond the Academy - so we are looking at £2MN by my guesstimate - hence the redundancies - No Reserve Team etc etc 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We averaged circa £1.5 Mn previously in the Championship - we have £250K of stage 2 Parachute Payment Money - this was obviously Pre Weir Involvement - the Chairman  made a statement  to a Fan at the GC Nite that they put No Money into the Club beyond the Academy - so we are looking at £2MN by my guesstimate - hence the redundancies - No Reserve Team etc etc 

I dont disagree 

Well, this piece of news has managed to split the supporters on here three ways! There's those who think the redundancies should have been made last season, those who think we should make more people redundant in order to keep Dools and Erskine hanging around Firhill and then there's those who are not self-professed experts on everything who are just hoping for the best for the club.

15 minutes ago, scotty said:

Well, this piece of news has managed to split the supporters on here three ways! There's those who think the redundancies should have been made last season, those who think we should make more people redundant in order to keep Dools and Erskine hanging around Firhill and then there's those who are not self-professed experts on everything who are just hoping for the best for the club.

Amusing.....

we got relegated that means excluding the parachute payment our revenue goes down at least £2m

we kept a premiership infrastructure hoping to go straight back up presumably using the parachute payment to cover the difference 

that tails off now so we need to have a championship infrastructure 

im not sure what people think the club should now do ?

1 hour ago, scotty said:

Not sure Doolan and Erskine were financial decisions at all , they both took huge cuts to their wages to remain at our Club.

Chris Erskine has probably doubled his wage signing for Livi and Dools will to when/if he signs for a Premier League Club .

They both had an affinity to our Club and wanted it to do well and that’s why they stayed .

Caldwell didn’t want them there for whatever reason, it wasn’t a financial decision.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Not sure Doolan and Erskine were financial decisions at all , they both took huge cuts to their wages to remain at our Club.

Chris Erskine has probably doubled his wage signing for Livi and Dools will to when/if he signs for a Premier League Club .

They both had an affinity to our Club and wanted it to do well and that’s why they stayed .

Caldwell didn’t want them there for whatever reason, it wasn’t a financial decision.

Chris Erskine has not doubled his wage. 

"Sportingintelligence’s Global Sports Salaries Survey revealed how the Almondvale side pay their squad an average basic annual salary of £34,882 – less than £700 a week."

7 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We kept a Premier League Back Office Infrastructure despite being relegated  - we made no attempt to adjust to the Chamoionship and continued as though we were still in the Premier despite actually being in the relegation zone most of the Season - getting safety on the last day - so it was obvious last December we weren't going up - but zero attempt to address our overhead - this is so the Chair & CEO could continue to say Promotion is still the Plan - we insisted in over playing the new Training Ground as the answer to our problems - yet couldn't answer simple questions on the Running Cost affordability ( still haven't ) not that I think its going to be an issue - the decisions on cuts should have been planned - managed and people given the maximum chance to find a new job - even now we make a Commercial Manager Redundant who brought in money ? 

So you think we should have made these folk redundant last season, not this? And, if I understand you correctly, in December, just before Christmas! Not sure how that's better for the poor sods who've just lost their jobs. And I can picture the reaction on here if the club has done just that.

And as for criticising the management for saying promotion was the target, again, how would it have played If they'd said, "You know what, we're stuffed this year so we're just going to try to cling on to our Championship place. Don't expect anything better." I'm sure you and other posters on here would have greeted that statement with loud hosannas, "Breath of fresh air, well done Gerry and Jacqui, we're right behind you". You wouldn't have been critical at all. And let's ignore the impact on a psychologicaly fragile team of players of telling them they're fighting for their lives - do you not think that Caldwell has that in mind when he was continually telling the players to look up the table, not down?

No one ever said that the training ground was the answer to our problems. It was always represented as a massive assistance to our ambition to become a top flight club and that's what it still is. You were the main voice of doom on here saying the club couldn't afford it. Given you have no detailed information about the club's finances, I'm somewhat sceptical about your constant warnings of imminent financial collapse. I've been on this forum for years and you've been singing that same song for all of that time.

And we haven't made the role of Commercial Manager redundant. That role will continue, possibly even with the same incumbent as at present. (Given the very positive comments on here about him, he must be in with a very good chance of the job.)

There is nothing positive in the news that the club is making office staff redundant. Nothing at all. Using it as another stick to beat the club management with isn't on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Firhillista said:

So you think we should have made these folk redundant last season, not this? And, if I understand you correctly, in December, just before Christmas! Not sure how that's better for the poor sods who've just lost their jobs. And I can picture the reaction on here if the club has done just that.

And as for criticising the management for saying promotion was the target, again, how would it have played If they'd said, "You know what, we're stuffed this year so we're just going to try to cling on to our Championship place. Don't expect anything better." I'm sure you and other posters on here would have greeted that statement with loud hosannas, "Breath of fresh air, well done Gerry and Jacqui, we're right behind you". You wouldn't have been critical at all. And let's ignore the impact on a psychologicaly fragile team of players of telling them they're fighting for their lives - do you not think that Caldwell has that in mind when he was continually telling the players to look up the table, not down?

No one ever said that the training ground was the answer to our problems. It was always represented as a massive assistance to our ambition to become a top flight club and that's what it still is. You were the main voice of doom on here saying the club couldn't afford it. Given you have no detailed information about the club's finances, I'm somewhat sceptical about your constant warnings of imminent financial collapse. I've been on this forum for years and you've been singing that same song for all of that time.

And we haven't made the role of Commercial Manager redundant. That role will continue, possibly even with the same incumbent as at present. (Given the very positive comments on here about him, he must be in with a very good chance of the job.)

There is nothing positive in the news that the club is making office staff redundant. Nothing at all. Using it as another stick to beat the club management with isn't on.

We said the plan was promotion  not the targer - two different things -and kept an Premier infrastructure when Revenue and Crowds could support it 

We could have given people more notice from last Season and time to find new jobs if we gradually reduced in a systematic way 

The Commercial Manager leaves this Friday 

As a source to beat the Club with you have to be joking - they couldn't answer on the affordability of theTraining Ground when asked - we blown the Parachute Payment money to stay up in the last game of the Season

Of course there is nothing positive about redundancies - take that up with JLo and Gerry B there decisions got us here not mine 

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We said the plan was promotion  not the targer - two different things -and kept an Premier infrastructure when Revenue and Crowds could support it 

We could have given people more notice from last Season and time to find new jobs if we gradually reduced in a systematic way 

The Commercial Manager leaves this Friday 

As a source to beat the Club with you have to be joking - they couldn't answer on the affordability of theTraining Ground when asked - we blown the Parachute Payment money to stay up in the last game of the Season

Of course there is nothing positive about redundancies - take that up with JLo and Gerry B there decisions got us here not mine 

"We're making you redundant, but we're doing it systematically". Yeah, that would soften the blow!

43 minutes ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

"Sportingintelligence’s Global Sports Salaries Survey revealed how the Almondvale side pay their squad an average basic annual salary of £34,882 – less than £700 a week."

That’s prob less than we paid him ?

1 hour ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

How much do we pay our players?

I’m sure Livi’s basic wage is added to with bonuses for League position etc , the point I’m putting across is Doolan and Erskine took a big drop in their Wages to stay with PTFC

They didn’t have to do that 

Just now, jlsarmy said:

I’m sure Livi’s basic wage is added to with bonuses for League position etc , the point I’m putting across is Doolan and Erskine took a big drop in their Wages to stay with PTFC

Neither did the other players such as Spittal or penrice 

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

I'm not sure what your point is. Whatever they were paid, we didn't get value for money.

11 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

It was only the last day of the season we secured safety, but it was only the 2nd last game vs Ayr that confirmed we couldn’t make the playoffs. A bit of balance is needed.

How do you know the cuts weren’t planned.

Arent laws around giving notice re redundancy?

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

It was only the last day of the season we secured safety, but it was only the 2nd last game vs Ayr that confirmed we couldn’t make the playoffs. A bit of balance is needed.

How do you know the cuts weren’t planned.

Arent laws around giving notice re redundancy?

Having gone through it myself last year, there are very tight rules. You need to be notified 90 days in advance to say that you are at risk. There then follows a period of consultation where all other avenues of redeployment are looked at. It is only after this that the role (it is the role, not the person) that is made redundant. Note that the role can still be performed by someone else, if it is decided that 2 or more roles can be absorbed by 1 person. 

Therefore, anyone made redundant yesterday would have known in late February that there would be redundancies and that their role was at risk.

4 hours ago, Firhillista said:

I don't normally side with @Jordanhill Jag but this is just simply bonkers Firhillista. You are suggesting a totalitarian approach that we shouldn't dare to question the all conquering rulers of our club.

They are fair game until they have proven themselves and so far the jury is still considering.........