Spittal offski

mad-jag

Decent player at times, but pretty glad he is away, doesn't really fit comfortably into a system we have played in the last couple of years, good guy though and at times really looked like he cared about the team in both the last few seasons.

Had such high hopes after the St.Mirren game at Firhill in the Bet Fred Cup that we had unearthed a gem. 

Spittal could be a fantastic player if a manager can find an out and out position for him but its sometimes felt more of a problem fitting him in because he's good player, if that makes any sense.

Good luck to him, think it's a decent wage for a new player to come in on.

Edited by Thistle88

On 6/6/2019 at 3:29 AM, Jaggernaut said:

I'd put him in the "totally average player for us" category.

Probably the type of player who'll do OK in the top tier if playing alongside fitter players.

Wouldn't call him 'average' in my book in so much as when he was on his game he was very good but had the downside of being near anonymous too often. That is typical winger stuff, hardly unexpected. Problem was playing in a more central role, as he was asked to do, demands more consistency.

Maybe more miffed to see him go as I thought he was turning in a higher percentage of decent displays latterly. Spittal did though contribute an integral part of our overall shortage of pace. So if we can redress that problem by bringing in a nippy replacement then I don't feel we'll be worse off.