Kit 2019-2020

That 1 jags fan

6 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Not keen on the home top - would have preferred the traditional red and yellow.

I would agree... but we won the 1971 League Cup and the 2013 First Division in yellow tops. As you say... if we're winning...!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dali said:

Reckon both home and away tops are belters.

Nice to have a year long hiatus from stripes / hoops and the away top is a fine gesture by the club to demonstrate our inclusivity of the LGBTQ+ community :fan:

Now we can march too! :D

I'm glad they went for the dark GK strip, it's my opinion that a dark shirted GK makes it strikers job harder to do, and more to the point, so does Neville Southall:-

(from Planet Football)   Black became popular among goalkeepers in England once the rules governing goalkeeper’s get-up had been relaxed. When the birth of the Premier League brought with it referees in green, Neville Southall opted for black, while Liverpool’s Bruce Grobbelaar and Arsenal’s David Seaman also sported near-identical all-black designs.  Southall later explained: “I wore a black shirt but not to stand out. I thought a striker would have to look twice to make sure I was there.”  The fact it also looked cool as f*ck was probably a secondary concern to the keeper nicknamed ‘the Binman’.

37 minutes ago, allyo said:

Look good.

I like the statement too. Pretty progressive when you consider that our near neighbours are basing their away strip on battles fought over 300 years ago.

In another country as well. 

Re the strip, not too keen on the overall look of the home strip but think the top might be fine as leisure wear (with jeans or flannels, of course). 

Edited by Mr Bunny

Fine with me. The only thing that ever bothers me is when the away top is in another team's colours like the sky blue one so happy with this year's top 

Think the rainbow thingy is clever in so much as inclusivity is not something that either of our neighbours can ever claim. It's because of those two that some outsiders might feel we're being political. Of course we're not so **** them anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

I am slightly uncomfortable if the club are using this particular platform for publicity. Kingsley was a masterstroke, and the pink strip was for a great cause. Hopefully I am reading this wrong.

What's the concern?

We're not exploiting anything in a negative way. If there's publicity coming from it then (as much as I hate the expression) I'd see it as a win-win.