New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

4 hours ago, jaf said:

Depends how you define debt. 

Mate creditors debt? Are hmrc debt?  

We reduced exposure to ordinary creditors in 2018 by 300k. If that goes back up, we are in a worse position but don’t technically have debt from a finance house. 

Again your point is a total over simplification. 

I tried to explain working capital movements in the message you are responding to   I will desist from trying to explain further if it’s either too complex for you or you prefer to keep banging on with the same old speculative musings.   

Ok I won’t go into how patronising you sound ...

your post has two questions, a fact and and then speculation.....not exactly covering yourself in glory there with speculative musings 

FYI I do understand a little about working capital as I chair a small  company .....maybe rather than show your technical knowledge you might consider that making the simple complicated isn’t necessarily a good thing and our accounts are not that  complicated 

this all started with Beattie claiming it now looks falsely that there had been mis management and by cancelling  new spending in players  ....until we see the accounts we won’t know the details but you carry on 

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So do you honestly believe that our Club should be run on the basis that we are dependent on a benefactor who can remove funding at any point - I am happy to live within our means-  and that will be what it is - with or without New Owners 

Do you believe non directors should ever put money into the club ? 

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok I won’t go into how patronising you sound ...

your post has two questions, a fact and and then speculation.....not exactly covering yourself in glory there with speculative musings 

FYI I do understand a little about working capital as I chair a small  company .....maybe rather than show your technical knowledge you might consider that making the simple complicated isn’t necessarily a good thing and our accounts are not that  complicated 

this all started with Beattie claiming it now looks falsely that there had been mis management and by cancelling  new spending in players  ....until we see the accounts we won’t know the details but you carry on 

Where did he cliam there was mismanagement you just made that up - he spoke about the direction of the Club - we wont know the position until as you state the Accounts are published - so who knows 

What we do know is that the Finance Director who has been in charge of balanced budgets since 2013 has stated that the Budget had a significant shortfall which had to be balanced by Player Sales - so on the balance of his extensive experience in these matters - Im happy to take his view  on it -  but you carry on with your conspiracy theory   

Just now, javeajag said:

Do you believe non directors should ever put money into the club ? 

There is a difference between small "donations " so to speak and significant funding - if its the latter then Im against it - as it removes the accountability factor - its Power without responsibility - never a good thing  

11 hours ago, jagfox said:

We also seemed to have relaid the pitch again in the summer. That’s doesnt come cheap.

I don't think it was relaid this summer given we had the women's U19 tournament in July. At the first event with the manager it was heavily sanded so I suspect it was just reseeded in certain sections.

5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Or dipping into our cash reserves, or delaying other outgoings (like stadium maintenance)

We just don't know

At the Open Day last season (after the 2-0 League Cup defeat against Ayr) there was PTFC Trust meeting and at that Jacqui Low stated they had put off various capital spends to maximise the manager's budget.

11 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Where did he cliam there was mismanagement you just made that up - he spoke about the direction of the Club - we wont know the position until as you state the Accounts are published - so who knows 

What we do know is that the Finance Director who has been in charge of balanced budgets since 2013 has stated that the Budget had a significant shortfall which had to be balanced by Player Sales - so on the balance of his extensive experience in these matters - Im happy to take his view  on it -  but you carry on with your conspiracy theory   

In both statements he put out one referenced the clubs direction and the other our financial deficit to justify confusing us all which he has done nothing g to correct to the point where springford distanced himself from both. You’ve never commented on that yet ....I have no conspiracy theory but I’m concerned about a chairman who started any overspending maki g statements other directors disown,,,, you ? 

13 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

There is a difference between small "donations " so to speak and significant funding - if its the latter then Im against it - as it removes the accountability factor - its Power without responsibility - never a good thing  

So no propco , no billy Allan helping to clear our debt , no Colin weir helping to clear our debt....just plain crazy 

2 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

At the Open Day last season (after the 2-0 League Cup defeat against Ayr) there was PTFC Trust meeting and at that Jacqui Low stated they had put off various capital spends to maximise the manager's budget.

The danger of not carrying out ongoing maintenance is that you  end up having to replace as opposed to repair  

12 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So you spend your Cash Reserves let the Stadium fall apart for what ? to give Caldwell his extra four players that were never budgeted for - are you being serious - thats simple madness  

Your false choice not mine as I never said that 

Just now, javeajag said:

So no propco , no billy Allan helping to clear our debt , no Colin weir helping to clear our debt....just plain crazy 

Propco was a purchase of part of the Stadium - legally binding agreement 

Billy Allan was a Director 

Colin Weir was a Benefactor  - not comparable to the first two  

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Propco was a purchase of part of the Stadium - legally binding agreement 

Billy Allan was a Director 

Colin Weir was a Benefactor  - not comparable to the first two  

Straw clutch 

I think you might be the only fan who does not think Colin weir did us a lot of good 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Straw clutch 

I think you might be the only fan who does not think Colin weir did us a lot of good 

Nope - statement of fact - Propco and Billy Allan had responsibilities which they couldn't walk away from   

The danger as we have seen is that we make Financial Commitment  -  Funding is pulled

- then we are left with the problem of how to fill the Finance Gap 

Do you believe thats a good business Model to follow ?   As I dont 

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Nope - statement of fact - Propco and Billy Allan had responsibilities which they couldn't walk away from   

The danger as we have seen is that we make Financial Commitment  -  Funding is pulled

Doesn’t matter .....the club has no benefactor as you were repeatedly told 

31 minutes ago, javeajag said:

In both statements he put out one referenced the clubs direction and the other our financial deficit to justify confusing us all which he has done nothing g to correct to the point where springford distanced himself from both. You’ve never commented on that yet ....I have no conspiracy theory but I’m concerned about a chairman who started any overspending maki g statements other directors disown,,,, you ? 

I don’t think that you are doing yourself many favours with this. Your view is pretty clear and you have made it many times in a relatively short period. Perhaps time to take a break from the keyboard for a bit?

33 minutes ago, stolenscone said:

I don’t think that you are doing yourself many favours with this. Your view is pretty clear and you have made it many times in a relatively short period. Perhaps time to take a break from the keyboard for a bit?

It’s not  really a popularity contest though is it ? You have your view so just block me out and ignore any posts 

47 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

As I have explained previously with my Mars bar analogy, this is part and parcel of running any business. Allocation of resources.

Tell me 1 Club in the country that would not welcome a  free  funding package from a fan? .

i understand your point that if you commit to spend that money on a particular project and the funding is unexpectedly stopped  - you are left with the choice of either having to stop that project or redirecting finance from somewhere else. It is not an ideal scenario - I accept that. 

I  think most people , however, would think it it is better to take the money  than not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So do you honestly believe that our Club should be run on the basis that we are dependent on a benefactor who can remove funding at any point - I am happy to live within our means-  and that will be what it is - with or without New Owners 

JJ , the benefactor should have been the icing on the cake , in no way as you say should we have been reliant on Colin Weir , so at least we agree on that . What I totally disagree with is how this has all come about , there should have been dialogue between everyone after all its a business they’re meant to be running . When David Beattie stood down and passed on the baton to someone else , I’m sure he wouldn’t agree with every decision that the New Board has taken and vice versa I’m sure they probably didn’t agree with every decision that he thought was right ( not changing Archie before it was too late  as an example)

This scenario stinks of self interest, not for the good of our Club , we’ve put all our eggs in the one basket hoping that some investment company will fill the shareholders pockets regardless of the consequences.

Spoke to people within football and they can’t even understand why it’s even a starter in the first place .

The basic rules are you aren’t meant to have a shareholding of 10% in both clubs , and sporting integrity comes into play as obviously a major shareholder can affect both clubs , loan deals etc .

I’ll be surprised if this happens at all .

• admin locked this topic