New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

It was stated the consortium were doing due diligence but this must be complete by now given we are not that complicated a business  and the length of time it’s bring going on .... maybe it’s with the sfa/efl ... who knows 

bury sounds a real mess 

They only got access to the books when the new board took over  - thats not long 

22 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Again assumption - it would have taken couple of weeks to get to grips with day to day running of the Club - then pull together the requested info - David Kelly is not Full time - be realistic 

Ok...  our accounts are not complicated ..... a few weeks at most then .... 6 is quite a lot ... I’ve been invoked in DD for bigger companies that was completed in that amount of time 

but maybe it’s not going at a fast pace 

Edited by javeajag

27 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok...  our accounts are not complicated ..... a few weeks at most then .... 6 is quite a lot ... I’ve been invoked in DD for bigger companies that was completed in that amount of time 

but maybe it’s not going at a fast pace 

I have been involved in DD on a great number of transactions, some bigger, some smaller. The most recent one was smaller than PTFC, and it took much longer than 6 weeks.

There is no simple correlation between size of company and time a DD exercise might take, there are many other factors.

In addition, there is adequate due diligence and inadequate due diligence. For example, when RBS acquired ABN Amro, I am sure I am right in saying the FSA commented that inadequate due diligence had been done, being only two lever arch files and one CD.  and we all know how that worked out. So perhaps these buyers are doing what the FSA would consider adequate due diligence.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jaf said:

I have been involved in DD on a great number of transactions, some bigger, some smaller. The most recent one was smaller than PTFC, and it took much longer than 6 weeks.

There is no simple correlation between size of company and time a DD exercise might take, there are many other factors.

In addition, there is adequate due diligence and inadequate due diligence. For example, when RBS acquired ABN Amro, I am sure I am right in saying the FSA commented that inadequate due diligence had been done, being only two lever arch files and one CD.  and we all know how that worked out. So perhaps these buyers are doing what the FSA would consider adequate due diligence.

I think I understand that  and it’s also influenced by the speed you want to go at as well ..., but if you wanted to complete DD on us in a month it would be perfectly possible ... our business is straightforward and our accounts not complicated 

on the other hand maybe there are some unknown liabilities or issues with propco

and if they wanted a view from the sfa it might take six months !

4 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

You're playing semantics, Java. And even then you couldn't quote me accurately.

Common sense suggests that in his wealthy position, Colin Weir will limit his accessibility beyond his trusted circle.

A lot of conjecture in this thread. Here is an indisputable fact. Javea is 11,876km from Java.

I think it is right we debate the issues on this takeover, but there comes a point when you realise that we are all bricks in a wall. 99% of what may or may not happen is beyond our control. We can speculate and rage at the moon but events will happen. Time to concentrate on the football. 

3 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I think it is right we debate the issues on this takeover, but there comes a point when you realise that we are all bricks in a wall. 99% of what may or may not happen is beyond our control. We can speculate and rage at the moon but events will happen. Time to concentrate on the football. 

Correct .... beer in fridge , tv ready .... three points tonight !

7 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

They only got access to the books when the new board took over  - thats not long 

So tired of reading all this nonsense. Bottom line is that thanks to Beattie the club is currently an absolute shambles. Your propaganda is utterly boring 

1 hour ago, ironfist said:

So tired of reading all this nonsense. Bottom line is that thanks to Beattie the club is currently an absolute shambles. Your propaganda is utterly boring 

Wisnae Beattie that appointed the clown in the dugout.

At least with Low out of the club this chairman or the next won't have the blinkers on when it comes to the current manager.

• Like 1

• admin locked this topic