New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

48 minutes ago, scotty said:

I can't actually remember the rumours that we were going to move from Firhill. Probably got lost in all the questions and no answers that were flyimg around.

Think these have been a relatively recent development suggested by some on twitter etc 

12 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Colin Weir funding it eh? Could that mean the return of Jackie Low to the boardroom? We’ve just taken a huge step forward with the new management team. We don’t want to go backwards in the boardroom.

Ah got it now 

Colin Weir is proposing to fund a fans takeover of the club by We Are Thistle fans group ....interesting twist

It'll be interesting to see what the consortium have planned for Thistle. David Beattie seems to have played his cards correctly so far.

If Colin Weir's involvement means a return for the old board then I wouldn't be too keen.  Was this Thistle For Ever's plan from the outset?

Plot thickens indeed.

Here is the linK

1 minute ago, King Kenny said:

It'll be interesting to see what the consortium have planned for Thistle. David Beattie seems to have played his cards correctly so far.

If Colin Weir's involvement means a return for the old board then I wouldn't be too keen.  Was this Thistle For Ever's plan from the outset?

Plot thickens indeed.

No return of the old board ..., weir is proposing giving ownership of the club to the fans 

interesting agm

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ah got it now 

Colin Weir is proposing to fund a fans takeover of the club by We Are Thistle fans group ....interesting twist

I'm surprised CW feels he wants to be a part of the ownership of PTFC. I get the impression he likes to keep the link with PTFC at a good distance from himself … a benefactor rather than someone with a day to day interest?

Nice if he comes on board, but personally, I would not want to see a return of Ms Low

3 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I'm surprised CW feels he wants to be a part of the ownership of PTFC. I get the impression he likes to keep the link with PTFC at a good distance from himself … a benefactor rather than someone with a day to day interest?

Nice if he comes on board, but personally, I would not want to see a return of Ms Low

I think people are missing the point ....he’s not coming back as such nor Jlow....

hes funding fan ownership 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

I think people are missing the point ....he’s not coming back as such nor Jlow....

hes funding fan ownership 

No, I did not miss the point.

When CW invested money into PTFC previously, he had representation within the boardroom with Ms Low. This investment with  PTFE, would you not expect him to ask for some sort of representative within the structure of the boardroom? 

I doubt that Colin Weir ever wanted to "run" Partick Thistle hence him funding community football and the acadamy. This is a welcome alternative, as the permission from the respective associations may not come and it's doubtful if the consortium would be interested in Thistle alone. It's been said before (by others as well as myself) that the consortium may well be just lookimg for a precedent.

2 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

No, I did not miss the point.

When CW invested money into PTFC previously, he had representation within the boardroom with Ms Low. This investment with  PTFE, would you not expect him to ask for some sort of representative within the structure of the boardroom? 

No....he’s funding Thistle For Ever ie a fans group taking over the club ....he is technically nit putting money into the club but gifting TFE cash to buy a majority of shares 

• admin locked this topic