New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

9 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

And there's a big point. It's his money. He can pull it at anytime and expect it back. Could a club like Thistle cope with that unsustainability?

He is gifting the shares. He can’t withdraw that as they are not his. He can withdraw the training complex and academy, but since we won’t have them without his support, we would be no worse off than we are now.

He is not and afaik has never funded day to day running of PTFC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He is gifting the shares. He can’t withdraw that as they are not his. He can withdraw the training complex and academy, but since we won’t have them without his support, we would be no worse off than we are now.

He is not and afaik has never funded day to day running of PTFC

Just like the Consortium we do not know his full plans. I wouldn't have him or TfE near Firhill.

• Administrators

I really don't understand the resentment towards Colin Weir who seems, not just in football, a genuinely altruistic individual. 

In this case he is funding the share purchase not funding the Club. A distinction that appears lost on some. 

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

And there's a big point. It's his money. He can pull it at anytime and expect it back. Could a club like Thistle cope with that unsustainability?

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Depends on the terms of the gift. If it's a loan I see your point. If its money with little conditions attached it would seem bizarre to reject it. I dont know the terms but Mr Weir hardly strikes me as Craig Whyte.

• admin locked this topic