New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

35 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

There’s definitely been far greater unity since the appointment of McCall and hopefully this news further cements this and we can look positively as the club moves forward.

i say that realising I was one of the most (if not the most) outspoken, divisive, bang out of order forum poster and very rude with regards to my fellow posters under the previous manager, which I can only apologise for and hopefully I learn these lesson as the club appears to move positively forward 

No-one has to apologise for being passionate about their club or their particular point of view.

Edited by Dark Passenger
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

There’s definitely been far greater unity since the appointment of McCall and hopefully this news further cements this and we can look positively as the club moves forward.

i say that realising I was one of the most (if not the most) outspoken, divisive, bang out of order forum poster and very rude with regards to my fellow posters under the previous manager, which I can only apologise for and hopefully I learn these lesson as the club appears to move positively forward 

No need to apologise for saying what you think. At the end of the day we are all Thistle fans and want the best for Thistle. Imo you are no where near being the worst with your opinions anyway.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

It may, to quote Sam Weller in conversation with Mr. Pickwick,  become a bit 'too interesting to be pleasant'.

When do we get Jacqui Lowe back as 'communications expert'? Remember, she did a  great job last time. 

With the resources the club has at its disposal its hard to imagine how current communication could ever be improved upon .....the board has done an unbelievable job 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Guess we will find out soon what being a Gretna fan was like :(

Nothing that I've ever seen Colin Weir doing with his money has suggested that this is what we have in store. Actually a pretty shitty comment. But obviously I just hope we get the right people with the right experience in to run the club. 

• Like 1

This is the first time that I have chipped in to this post.after 225 pages..   What I can't get is why has Colin Weir left it so long to take control of the club..We are bottom of the league why did he not make a major input when we were in the premier league..If he throws a massive amount of money to us for the January window who knows if we will get into the top 4 ..This is going to be a hard league to get of..

2 minutes ago, allyo said:

Nothing that I've ever seen Colin Weir doing with his money has suggested that this is what we have in store. Actually a pretty shitty comment. But obviously I just hope we get the right people with the right experience in to run the club. 

I am thinking more when the fans get control, we will be extinct within 10 years

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

This is the first time that I have chipped in to this post.after 225 pages..   What I can't get is why has Colin Weir left it so long to take control of the club..We are bottom of the league why did he not make a major input when we were in the premier league..If he throws a massive amount of money to us for the January window who knows if we will get into the top 4 ..This is going to be a hard league to get of..

He may have had the same thoughts as many of the fans , that the club was in grave danger of been taken over by some bunch of charlatans .

• admin locked this topic