New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

2 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Not sure about this.

One rich owner who has spat the dummy before.  Money went into an academy that is unsustainable for a club our size.  Not a businessman.  Jaqui Low/Gary Caldwell. All our eggs in one basket.  

The fetishness of this one person doesn't sit with me.

It’s pretty clear from the bbc report that Colin weir intends to transfer his shareholding into a fan vehicle and ownership 

Just now, javeajag said:

It’s pretty clear from the bbc report that Colin weir intends to transfer his shareholding into a fan vehicle and ownership 

So a bunch of amateurs ala The jags trust and NW Supporters bus are gonna get to play with Thistle as their toy? The thought of this sends chills down my spine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

TBF, people (like me) took that attitude to the proposed takeover by the Lee/Conway consortium. Folk are entitled to adopt that position if that's their gut feeling.

That's a fair point.

Personally I think there are no guarantees on outcome, but I do have complete confidence that the motives behind this move are in the interests of the club. I think that's a decent start. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

So a bunch of amateurs ala The jags trust and NW Supporters bus are gonna get to play with Thistle as their toy? The thought of this sends chills down my spine.

Maybe, maybe not ....no one knows the structure, individuals etc etc 

still better than the Barnsley clowns 

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Debatable, watch what you wish for

What do you think might happen , we’ve still got a manager who is experienced and knows what he’s doing , might take a bit of time but in my opinion he’ll get there . There are business people within our support who can help and push us on .

What would you rather have , owners who have the best interests of the Club at heart or maybe you would prefer the Investment Company model whose main aim is to make money for themselves.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

What do you think might happen , we’ve still got a manager who is experienced and knows what he’s doing , might take a bit of time but in my opinion he’ll get there . There are business people within our support who can help and push us on .

What would you rather have , owners who have the best interests of the Club at heart or maybe you would prefer the Investment Company model whose main aim is to make money for themselves.

I think the usual group of closed shop committe Thistle fans will wrestle control of the club and turn us into a bowling club for private members only and within 10 years be battling relegation to the lowland league. I do hope i am wrong but the fear of the lunatics taking over the asylum scares the bejesus outta me, these same people are the ones who cannot run a bloody trust and now they could rule the whole club eeekkk!

And if Jackie Lowe comes back FFS!

Edited by Pinhead

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I think the usual group of closed shop committe Thistle fans will wrestle control of the club and turn us into a bowling club for private members only and within 10 years be battling relegation to the lowland league. I do hope i am wrong but the fear of the lunatics taking over the asylum scares the bejesus outta me, these same people are the ones who cannot run a bloody trust and now they could rule the whole club eeekkk!

Doubtful that many of the people you mentioned will be involved in the day to day running of the Club .

2 minutes ago, erty13 said:

Great news

There are many fans who have significant business experience. We just need to elect people with the correct skilks.

Absolutely right. I'm sure these best people will be identified or will step forward  as the transfer to the fans progresses. 

Great news. Assuming that our existing shareholders have done their due diligence....but of course some fans will never be happy. Weir has invested massively in our club. Possibly more than any fan ever has? If people think than whatever fan based model wont succeed, it's simple. Get yourself elected.

• Like 1

I’m happy there appears to be some finality, finally.

While I’m ideologically in favour of fan ownership, I’m not in favour of the prospect of the likes of Paul Goodwin - who appears to be a cowboy - and the PTFC Trust - who have been historically completely impotent and/or utterly invisible - guiding the future of the club.

My worry is that the kind of fans we’d want to be involved are far too sensible to actually put themselves forward. But let’s see what happens. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

4 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I’m happy there appears to be some finality, finally.

While I’m ideologically in favour of fan ownership, I’m not in favour of the prospect of the likes of Paul Goodwin - who appears to be a cowboy - and the PTFC Trust - who have been historically completely impotent and/or utterly invisible - guiding the future of the club.

My worry is that the kind of fans we’d want to be involved are far too sensible to actually put themselves forward. But let’s see what happens. 

Do you not mean the Jags Trust, Kemo?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

And if Jackie Lowe comes back FFS!

I get where you are coming from and us becoming as such would be far from ideal however it had been stated we would be modelling fans ownership under a similar premise to Motherwell’s which would have an annual AGM wherein at least one board member must stand down (or seek re-election).  Would not this provide an opportunity for anyone not happy with things to put themselves forward?  

• admin locked this topic