New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

55 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Nope - but the bit your not getting is thus 

You have two choices - thats it - Consortium or TFE 

There isnt a third choice on the menu 

So no idea why you keep banging on demanding the Consortium Plans - given the barrage on Social Media they quite rightly are not going public to get into a debate - neither did the Hibs buyer 

So TFE simply not an option on any level - No Chance  

By deduction we are therefore left with the Consortium and have a bit of Faith in those who have served the Club well over the Years - simple as that 

What people have to stop doing is peddling the rubbish its simply about Money - the fact that they arent taking the TFE Offer Kills that myth  

We are in a decent place at the moment - Positive on the Park - Balanced Budget - so maybe we should show the people who have got us here- a  bit of respect  

Surely if none of the deals are suitable, then the status quo remains until something comes along with possibly a bit more substance .

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Surely if none of the deals are suitable, then the status quo remains until something comes along with possibly a bit more substance .

Well the suitability of the deals are subjective and down to the shareholders - but what is clear is that its simply not down to money 

So if the deal falls through unlike as was being put round by various parties then they are not going anywhere 

just because someone throws Fan Ownership into the equation doesn't mean we should back it  - we need people of the quality we have and had when we got promoted to the Championship - who owns what doesn't matter - its competence that counts  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Well the suitability of the deals are subjective and down to the shareholders - but what is clear is that its simply not down to money 

So if the deal falls through unlike as was being put round by various parties then they are not going anywhere 

just because someone throws Fan Ownership into the equation doesn't mean we should back it  - we need people of the quality we have and had when we got promoted to the Championship - who owns what doesn't matter - its competence that counts  

And just because someone wants to buy the club doesn’t mean we should back it either 

See these people of quality you keep talking about why was it that they were so happy to walk away  and endorse J Low as chairperson and then when a takeover is looming and not facilitated  fast enough apparently they are happy enough to send sheriff officers in and remove her.?????? Strange that but hey ho they now once again have the best interests of PTFC at heart. I have no axe to grind and will acknowledge that David Beattie has been a steady and reliable chairman but let’s not cloud the matter with smoke and guns who knows what the capabilities are of fans ownership in contrast to building equity by for self gain ???

47 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

This JJ. 

6 hours ago, Ruchillnomore said:

See these people of quality you keep talking about why was it that they were so happy to walk away  and endorse J Low as chairperson and then when a takeover is looming and not facilitated  fast enough apparently they are happy enough to send sheriff officers in and remove her.?????? Strange that but hey ho they now once again have the best interests of PTFC at heart. I have no axe to grind and will acknowledge that David Beattie has been a steady and reliable chairman but let’s not cloud the matter with smoke and guns who knows what the capabilities are of fans ownership in contrast to building equity by for self gain ???

Lowe was on the board for 4 years prior to becoming chairman, perhaps (Like Lambie passing the baton to Collins) they believed that person was right for taking the big job. 

6 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Think they’ve taken a loan out at Barnsley as well, hopefully David Beattie has done his due diligence correctly .

Companies house has 1 charge (loan)  against Barnsley, which is apparently small.

The loan at Nice was to buy out the 20% stake owned by previous chairman (interest rates look astounding though)

39 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Companies house has 1 charge (loan)  against Barnsley, which is apparently small.

The loan at Nice was to buy out the 20% stake owned by previous chairman (interest rates look astounding though)

Apart from the money used to buy both nice and Barnsley there is no evidence to date they have invested any money into either club ....so we can expect the same I expect which us why propco is if no interest 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

It would be helpful If someone could explain to the rest of us why TFE is so bad .....I really don’t understand the objection 

Read the post. Nobody says it is ‘bad’, but we shouldn’t embrace it without asking some questions. JJ says it’s competence that counts. I happen to agree.

But you embrace TFE without reservation, that’s your clear stance. Fine, we get that.

9 hours ago, javeajag said:

Is there any evidence from their tenures at Nice or Barnsley that supports the board statement that this will be transformational for Thistle in a good way ? Everything I have read is negative.

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Read the post. Nobody says it is ‘bad’, but we shouldn’t embrace it without asking some questions. JJ says it’s competence that counts. I happen to agree.

But you embrace TFE without reservation, that’s your clear stance. Fine, we get that.

I haven’t embraced it without reservation and I have also said their offer should be scrutinised several times so please don’t misrepresent my views 

what’s the competence issue ?

54 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is there any evidence from their tenures at Nice or Barnsley that supports the board statement that this will be transformational for Thistle in a good way ? Everything I have read is negative.

Not really .... no real investment other than into the ‘moneyball’ Approach to identifying young talent to sell on.... the jury would be out on that in football atm

transformational no

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Apparently this charge is by Barclays Bank against Barnsley assets .....it’s size and purpose are unknown 

21 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Including Barnsley's promotion?

To be factual : they took over In December and the club was relegated that season ...the next season they won promotion and this season they are struggling in the relegation zone 

from Barnsley’s history that is nit transformational but the norm 

53 minutes ago, javeajag said:

To be factual : they took over In December and the club was relegated that season ...the next season they won promotion and this season they are struggling in the relegation zone 

from Barnsley’s history that is nit transformational but the norm 

I agree. Barnsley are traditionally a lower Championship/upper League One side. They are where they traditionally are. I do not consider that to have been transformational.

16 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Apart from their winning promotion … following their takeover by New City Capital.

A promotion which followed their relegation...following their takeover by New City Capital.

At the Q&A Malcolm Cannon admitted Barnsley had made zero net progress when I challenged his assertion of the consortium's 'great track record'.

• admin locked this topic