New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

10 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

My opinion, your opinion, you just seem a wee bit raw of any criticism of Mr. Weir and TBC, then you spit your dummy out in your second last paragraph. Have a great day.

You compared Colin weir to Paul Conway ....it’s not  me being raw but actually disgusted ....you ....should be ashamed of yourself 

ill criticize people on their actions not speculation 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Ashamed of an opinion? Oh dear! You are obviously the Opinion Police. Sad fella.

Are you mad ? I’m not scared of an opinion ....I just happen to think you comparison of Colin weir and Paul Conway being the same is shameful .....and it is .....I’m ashamed you said it 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Are you mad ? I’m not scared of an opinion ....I just happen to think you comparison of Colin weir and Paul Conway being the same is shameful .....and it is .....I’m ashamed you said it 

I agree. The two men and their objectives are the polar opposite. Even the most simple village idiot could come to that conclusion. There are of course exceptions to that rule. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You are just scared of someone else's opinion. You always have been. Get over it mate. It will do you good.

from Graeme McGarry in the Herald 

Some Thistle fans are concerned about the return of former chairman Jacqui Low to the club, given she is a director of Weir’s Three Black Cats group. It is no secret she is a friend of Weir, but my understanding is that she will not be returning to Thistle in any official capacity.

• Like 1

interesting article on the Well Society in the Herald .....relevant as we are looking at replicating this approach 

“We have a ‘Well Society board that sits with eight or nine members, and then there are two representatives that sit on the main executive board of the club,” he said.

“We’re effectively fan representatives, and carrying any communication between the Society board onto the executive board

“There’s a distinction. The executive board are responsible for the day-to-day running of the club. The Society board are, in the main, elected members, with two or three co-opted members with certain skills. It’s a democratic organisation, and it’s a separate entity.

“Primarily we are there to financially assist the club, because that is what you would expect from the owners of a football club, to step in when and if required.

“We are now debt-free. We have to run the football club on a prudent financial basis, which at our level, brings its own challenges.

“But if there are strategic decisions, the Society board have to be involved in that as owners, and if there are any major issues – such as moving ground, for example – that’s got to be a collective responsibility.

“It’s a balancing act between the interests of the football club, the fans, and finances.”

As well as allowing the team to flourish on the field though, the hard work put in by those involved in the running of the club and the ‘Well Society has allowed Motherwell to enhance its role as part of the fabric of the town once more.

“A football club is a cornerstone of a small community like ours,” he said.

“We work with the club, the academy and the community trust, and we’ve helped them. Fans can directly see our contribution.

“Fans now are quite proud of being owners of the club.”

1 minute ago, twinny said:

@javeajag I've hidden your post as it's abusive, not for the first time in this thread either. Making fun of people's mental health is not on.

I didn’t intend to make fun of his or anyone’s mental health so if it came across that way then I’m happy to remove it .

9 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I didn’t intend to make fun of his or anyone’s mental health so if it came across that way then I’m happy to remove it .

To be fair to you, no offence was taken in regards to the the 'Mad' comment. It's all about opinions.

Edited by Garscube Road End

38 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Some Thistle fans are concerned about the return of former chairman Jacqui Low to the club, given she is a director of Weir’s Three Black Cats group. It is no secret she is a friend of Weir, but my understanding is that she will not be returning to Thistle in any official capacity.

Note the phrase 'Official capacity'. But, we shall see. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Note the phrase 'Official capacity'. But, we shall see. 

There's also the word "any" in there too. Hope your not suggesting that she can't go to Firhill as a supporter as we could have all sorts of opinions on which supporters should be allowed.

6 minutes ago, scotty said:

There's also the word "any" in there too. Hope your not suggesting that she can't go to Firhill as a supporter as we could have all sorts of opinions on which supporters should be allowed.

I've seen Jacqui Low 2 or 3 times in the concourse before games in the last couple of months.  In one case chatting quite amicably to a fan.  She certainly hasn't disappeared from the scene. We need all the paying customers we can get!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

I've seen Jacqui Low 2 or 3 times in the concourse before games in the last couple of months.  In one case chatting quite amicably to a fan.  She certainly hasn't disappeared from the scene. We need all the paying customers we can get!

True …. she might be poor at PR and even worse as the chair of a football team, but her money is as good as anyone's when it buys tickets for a game

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

And the PR begins.

Factually correct.

However, conduct yesterday suggests she may tick many of the boxes of a shadow director.

Would be much better if everyone was just honest about this.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jaf said:

And the PR begins.

Factually correct.

However, conduct yesterday suggests she may tick many of the boxes of a shadow director.

Would be much better if everyone was just honest about this.

Or perhaps she won't and everyone is being honest. Day 1 and people are wanting to believe the worst. Only Thistle !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

she was on the terrace at Stenny on Saturday with a few others in a small group. 

Not having a go at anyone in particular but as highlighted in above posts Jacqui Low attends many Jags games home and away. That of course doesn't make her a better supporter than folk vilifying her who may well attend Jags games less often. But for all her many faults when chairing Thistle that doesn't make her a  worse supporter than her detractors, of which I include myself. 

44 minutes ago, sandy said:

Live & let live. I don’t agree with the decision to have hired Caldwell, but if Jacqui is a fan then she should be able to attend games without criticism.

Agree entirely Sandy and TFE in there Fan Ownership Pitch that she wouldnt be returning to the Club and ET Article confirms this 

just hoping the rumours from her freind on Twitter etc are simply rumours - but as a Fan paying in she is obviously welcome 

we have a Board and all decisions ref the Club lie with them thats there legal position 

• admin locked this topic