New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Live & let live. I don’t agree with the decision to have hired Caldwell, but if Jacqui is a fan then she should be able to attend games without criticism.

Well said Sandy, with the downturn of the club this last couple of years, the club now needs pretty much every supporter it can get these days as it strives to rebuild 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, javeajag said:

from Graeme McGarry in the Herald 

Some Thistle fans are concerned about the return of former chairman Jacqui Low to the club, given she is a director of Weir’s Three Black Cats group. It is no secret she is a friend of Weir, but my understanding is that she will not be returning to Thistle in any official capacity.

So for clarity - and as TFE made quite clear Jlo is not involved in Partick Thistle beyond that as a Fan or a Shareholder and as a Shareholder has no more say in Running the Club than you or I as Shareholder - this is the job of the Board of Directors - as a Shareholder she can remove the Board - beyond that she has no say in anything to do with the Running of PTFC 

This is in essence what the article is saying and supported by the very clear statement from TFE ?  Just checking that Ive not misinterpited anything as Im assumimg by quoting the article thats what your saying ?  

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So for clarity - and as TFE made quite clear Jlo is not involved in Partick Thistle beyond that as a Fan or a Shareholder and as a Shareholder has no more say in Running the Club than you or I as Shareholder - this is the job of the Board of Directors - as a Shareholder she can remove the Board - beyond that she has no say in anything to do with the Running of PTFC 

This is in essence what the article is saying and supported by the very clear statement from TFE ?  Just checking that Ive not misinterpited anything as Im assumimg by quoting the article thats what your saying ?  

I’m quoting the article to give people information 

as you said tfe don’t run the club so why do you keep going on about  them 

• Like 1

• admin locked this topic