New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:26 PM, stolenscone said:

Complete and utter, I’ll informed, unsubstantiated nonsense.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/04/the-scottish-firms-that-let-money-flow-from-azerbaijan-to-the-uk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33193553

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/oligarchs-and-unexplained-wealth-london-s-rich-russians-1.3438072

https://www.ft.com/content/6a0b3076-4d34-11e8-97e4-13afc22d86d4

Read it for yourself, in these red-revolutionary press outlets. :lol:  I'll correct myself, though: the City of London has an extremely unsavoury reputation.

On 8/2/2019 at 2:38 PM, douglas clark said:

Fearchar,

I think that the two investors are American. Correct me if I am wrong.

Linking them to Moscow on Thames seems a bit of a stretch.

It's global.
https://www.matheson.com/news-and-insights/article/anti-money-laundering-a-2019-perspective
https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/combating-the-growing-money-laundering-threat
https://www.riskscreen.com/kyc360/article/anti-money-laundering-in-capital-markets-relatively-uncharted-territory/

5 hours ago, Fearchar said:

I saw a bird, it was black. All birds are black.

I saw a guy wearing a yellow jacket. I saw him wearing a yellow jacket twice. Everyone is wearing yellow jackets.

It’s this kind of reductionism that I find tiresome, but OK, I’ll play along: Tell me what you know about the Anti Money Laundering regime in the UK and how the regulators are trying to combat it in Scotland and England (or London, if you prefer)?

Yes, there is a lot of crime in the world. Yes, a lot of it is targeted at stable western countries with strong reputations for respectability and the rule of law. No, the UK does not have an “unsavoury reputation”.

If those looking to launder criminal proceeds were attracted to countries with unsavoury reputations, they would be trying  to open bank accounts in Moldova, Russia, Belize and a host of other countries with opaque financial systems and little regulation. They target countries like the UK, the US and those in Western Europe because of their reputation for respectability.

Read the Anti Money Laundering Regulations. Read the Proceeds of Crime Act. Look at the volume of Suspicious Activity Reports which are deals with by the National Crime Agency. Speak to bankers, accountants and lawyers who implement the regulations on a daily basis. Speak to the police who enforce them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fearchar said:

What’s this got to do with ptfc exactly ! 

Well, not a lot that I can see. The two people that want to take us over are both Americans.

There are a lot of places where whether London is Moscow on Thames or not is a legitimate subject. I am not at all sure that this web site is one of them.

Please take this 'discussion' elsewhere.

11 hours ago, Grant said:

"15:00 – Meet the Manager in the Alan Rough Lounge for a question and answer session."

...and there's your last minute change of plan!

They’re taking the pi$$ here guys.

Waiting for a statement:

Season ticket monies paid & in the bank. We’ve nothing to say to you. Not your business despite saving the club & having shares.  We just want to say thank you to all the mugs for your continued support.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trotter said:

...Season ticket monies paid & in the bank. We’ve nothing to say to you. Not your business despite saving the club & having shares.  We just want to say thank you to all the mugs for your continued support.  

No one needs to thank me for supporting my football team, that would be patronising and condescending.  

They just have to treat it with the same love and respect that I do when managing its affairs.  Keeping it solvent and debt free works fine for me (not to mention ploughing their own money into it)..

12 hours ago, Grant said:

"15:00 – Meet the Manager in the Alan Rough Lounge for a question and answer session."

...and there's your last minute change of plan!

This is the exact same wording as in the original announcement on 22nd July on the official site, so nothing has changed.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/partick-thistle-open-day-2019-saturday-10th-august/

Edited by jaggymct

35 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

That depends entirely on your political perspective - it's obvious what yours is.

The UK is the 2nd biggest  supplier of arms to 20 of the 30 countries on its OWN list of human rights violators. I mean, you could ask the victims of state violence in those countries what their perspective is.

All good points but the relevance to PTFC ?

Not sure I’ve seen this anywhere from the Jags Trust

Members of the Jags Trust Board met with David Beattie (Chairperson) and Gerry Britton (CEO) last night (30 July 2019).

David thanked The Trust for the support given to the proposal to change the composition of the Board of PTFC Ltd.

The JT noted that it seemed to have gone relatively quiet on the new ownership front and that much of the hype has died away ….. for the time being!

We were reassured that the Scottish Football authorities are going through a process of due diligence, exploring issues associated with inter league dual-ownership etc and that to do this properly does take time. David & Gerry confirmed this work was an ongoing and that the potential new ownership is still very much alive.

We discussed the business model proposed by the aspiring new owners, which has been tried and tested elsewhere, and it was felt that it had the potential to be “transformational for Thistle”.

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Not sure I’ve seen this anywhere from the Jags Trust

Members of the Jags Trust Board met with David Beattie (Chairperson) and Gerry Britton (CEO) last night (30 July 2019).

David thanked The Trust for the support given to the proposal to change the composition of the Board of PTFC Ltd.

The JT noted that it seemed to have gone relatively quiet on the new ownership front and that much of the hype has died away ….. for the time being!

We were reassured that the Scottish Football authorities are going through a process of due diligence, exploring issues associated with inter league dual-ownership etc and that to do this properly does take time. David & Gerry confirmed this work was an ongoing and that the potential new ownership is still very much alive.

We discussed the business model proposed by the aspiring new owners, which has been tried and tested elsewhere, and it was felt that it had the potential to be “transformational for Thistle”.

It’s already been posted, unfortunately still very little on what the business model is and little information about what the jags Trust concerns specifically were with the old board.

as a jags Trust member I’ve not heard if they have carried out any engagement with members of the jags Trust and are they having discussions with it’s membership before issuing these statements. As I say unfortunately I’ve heard nothing and I did PM them

3 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

No one needs to thank me for supporting my football team, that would be patronising and condescending.  

They just have to treat it with the same love and respect that I do when managing its affairs.  Keeping it solvent and debt free works fine for me (not to mention ploughing their own money into it)..

Don’t read the minutes to the meeting of The Jags Trust & Beattie/Britton then.

Their investment/monies are tied into PropCo. It’ll come back to haunt the club.

13 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Their investment/monies are tied into PropCo. It’ll come back to haunt the club.

Looks like that part of the process is now completed and they are awaiting approval from the football authorities 

46 minutes ago, Trotter said:

What do you mean by your last paragraph. I know what/who prop co are but just interested what you mean by this coming back to haunt the club?

On 8/3/2019 at 5:10 PM, Fawlty Towers said:

I would remind people of the Open Day next Saturday:

11:00 – The Jackie Husband Stand opens to supporters.

12:00 – The open training session begins with the First Team and Partick Thistle Women’s Team.

13:30 – Signing session in the Jackie Husband concourse. Meet all the Thistle players as well as Gary Caldwell, Brian Kerr and Kenny Arthur.

14:30 – Partick Thistle Football Club Trust meeting.

15:30 – Meet the Manager and Board in the Alan Rough Lounge for a question and answer session.

Hopefully the Board will have some answers to what, I am sure, will be some precise questioning. Lets hope given this opportunity plenty of people turn up.

Internet pages can be edited @jaggymct - the quoted post looks like a cut 'n' paste job with its author being the individual who's picked up on the change to the agenda.

Edited by Dark Passenger

4 hours ago, douglas clark said:

I have had to delete one post,

Please do the political stuff somewhere else.

Yes, but you didn't delete the original post that stated that the  UK does not have an “unsavoury reputation”, and that statement, sir, is entirely a matter of political subjectivity.

As your response demonstrated.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trotter said:

They’re taking the pi$$ here guys.

Waiting for a statement:

Season ticket monies paid & in the bank. We’ve nothing to say to you. Not your business despite saving the club & having shares.  We just want to say thank you to all the mugs for your continued support.  

Short term or selective memories here.

We went months with rumors and speculation before the previous board would make a statement even when they promised a monthly one.

The current board is in place 3 weeks have issued 1 statement at time of the change.

Perhaps their time is tied up doing a full analysis of the current health of the club

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

Short term or selective memories here.

We went months with rumors and speculation before the previous board would make a statement even when they promised a monthly one.

The current board is in place 3 weeks have issued 1 statement at time of the change.

Perhaps their time is tied up doing a full analysis of the current health of the club

Most of the rumours started by your good self on account of your friendly mole.

besides the previous boards failure to issue statements does not justify the current board not doing so when fans have genuine concerns about things

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Most of the rumours started by your good self on account of your friendly mole.

besides the previous boards failure to issue statements does not justify the current board not doing so when fans have genuine concerns about things

I can’t understand why Beattie just doesn’t issue a statement to fans along the lines of his comments to the jags trust eg

- the takeover is proceeding 

- a majority of shareholders are minded to sell

- it is with the relevant football authorities to approve

- we believe this takeover will be beneficial and transformational for the club

i mean how hard is that ? 

• Like 1

• admin locked this topic