New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

14 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

There is no reason for the Shareholders to hold out ? they all get cash that they thought was gone ?  And sell to someone who will invest in the Club  

I refuse to believe that all of those people:

(a) will have been happy with how much money they were getting for what they own of the club

(b) will have believed some randomer with zero prior links to the club was going to “invest” in it rather than asset strip it

(c) will have all kept quiet about it for long enough for it to be a serious prospect of becoming a thing without significant prior press interest.

21 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

(a) will have been happy with how much money they were getting for what they own of the club

(b) will have believed some randomer with zero prior links to the club was going to “invest” in it rather than asset strip it

(c) will have all kept quiet about it for long enough for it to be a serious prospect of becoming a thing without significant prior press interest.

Your probably right .....but if I was in propco and somebody offered me the cash I had put in to sell my shares ....bye !

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

a) if you were getting zero or something - you take something 

b) Chinese owners at Clubs in Spain invested-  they did not Assett Strip 

c) Who says there isnt Press Interest - Im sure they will have asked the Club - the fact there isnt a denial is a bit odd 

Boris is going to become PM - we now live in a World where logic no longer applies !!!

1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

Nice response Mr Transparency. 

I see it's being claimed that David Beattie was instrumental in introducing Mr Lee to Thistle. A claim being made by members of your own wee clique. And we're supposed to believe that you don't know anything about it. Okay...

I have never claimed to know "nothing about it " I have heard various snippets- which are as yet unconfirmed - I haven't stated anything in public for that reason ..     

3 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

It’s not about whether they will asset strip Jim. It’s about whether the shareholders it’s being suggested would sell up would think there’s enough of a risk of that that they’d either refuse, delay or go public.

I think it would be Steve Miller ......

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

So a close family member to one of the players tells me it’s a load of rubbish this takeover rumour as does the father of one of the office staff.  

Beginning to seriously doubt that this takeover is happening at all 

With the greatest of respect, those people will be as informed about the private transaction of shares as we are. As in they know nada. 

32 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

a) if you were getting zero or something - you take something 

b) Chinese owners at Clubs in Spain invested-  they did not Assett Strip 

c) Who says there isnt Press Interest - Im sure they will have asked the Club - the fact there isnt a denial is a bit odd 

Boris is going to become PM - we now live in a World where logic no longer applies !!!

Maybe the club don’t feel the need to deny it because they think it’s a ridiculous rumour in the first place 

2 hours ago, 1 John Lambie said:

There has been no contact to the PTFC Trust from any party.

Good to see the PTFC Trust is still an actual thing. Any chance of responding to / engaging with any of the posts in the past few months related to the Trust?

12 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Good to see the PTFC Trust is still an actual thing. Any chance of responding to / engaging with any of the posts in the past few months related to the Trust?

Yes, did we ever see the constitution? I might have missed it

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

Yes, did we ever see the constitution? I might have missed it

I don’t believe so. I think other posters have mentioned emails not being replied to as well. Extremely, extremely poor. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

There is no reason for the Shareholders to hold out ? they all get cash that they thought was gone ?  And sell to someone who will invest in the Club  

JJ , I believe this is just a story that has grown arms and legs , no idea why a wealthy foreign business man would even remotely be interested in Partick Thistle , there is very little money in comparative terms to the English Leagues as to make it a worthwhile investment.

If hypothetically there was some substance to it , my main concern is only of the Value of the ground and perhaps the Sale of it which puts a totally different slant on it altogether.

Sorry, just don’t see anything like this happening .

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

JJ , I believe this is just a story that has grown arms and legs , no idea why a wealthy foreign business man would even remotely be interested in Partick Thistle , there is very little money in comparative terms to the English Leagues as to make it a worthwhile investment.

If hypothetically there was some substance to it , my main concern is only of the Value of the ground and perhaps the Sale of it which puts a totally different slant on it altogether.

Sorry, just don’t see anything like this happening .

OK Number of things 

1.There is nothing to stop it happening 

2. Club have point blank refused to kill off the Rumour - given they are trying to sell Season Tickets - then this sort of thing is a distraction 

3.Press are running with it as a credible Story - they would have asked the Club to comment or deny 

So taking the bits of info Ive heard from various sources and all of the above I would suggest something is happening - not sure 100% what - but looks like change is in the air 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

There is nothing in either article that could not have been obtained from reading this thread and a quick google search.

I’m not yet convinced it is real

Surely not a newspaper printing a story which isn’t true ! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

There is nothing in either article that could not have been obtained from reading this thread and a quick google search.

I’m not yet convinced it is real

Definitely happening DD.

What I'm not convinced about is the supposed cull that is about to go with it. Everybody out.

• admin locked this topic