Miller signs

marco77

No bought my season ticket yet. This ain't helping me speed up my purchase. Guys career scoring record is distinctly average at best and only had a purple patch for 2 seasons 10 years ago. Genuinely started to believe in what Caldwell was trying to do but now sewing seeds of doubt. Hopefully this is a signing blip and he's used as a squad player/experienced pro to guide youngsters. 

Edited by The Legend Blows
Spelling

2 minutes ago, The Legend Blows said:

No bought my season ticket yet. This ain't helping me speed up my purchase. Guys career scoring record is distinctly average at best and only had a purple patch for 2 seasons 10 years ago. Genuinely started to believe in what Caldwell was trying to do but now sewing seeds of doubt. Hopefully this is a signing blip and he's used as a squad player/experienced pro to guide youngsters. 

More likely jobs for his mates 

10 minutes ago, The Legend Blows said:

I think your last sentence is correct. Old head to guide and teach the youngsters.

I just hate when we sign old has beens who used to be with the ugly sisters but genuinely think this might end up being a good signing.

40 minutes ago, The Legend Blows said:

Are you referring to Doolan ? 

11 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Are you referring to Doolan ? 

Doolan will outscore Kenny Miller next season, the laboured system that Caldwell prefers makes it difficult for any forward to get a good goal return, Caldwell plays with very little width and obviously favours 5 -3 - 2  with the wing backs providing the ammunition.

Not sure we’ll score a lot of goals with that system.

36 minutes ago, sandbank boy said:

For the love of God, if nothing else does, then this highlights the level of Scottish Football let alone how Caldwell thinks our club should progress.

He’s forty, bloody forty and if is the best we can get or Caldwell thinks it is , then I despair 

Get these new owners in quickly .

And get Caldwell out.

• Downvote 1

Can’t say I am bursting with excitement however anyone signing for the Jags starts on clean slate and I see it mentioned he will be involved in some coaching too so hopefully that will be beneficial to some of the young lads given his experience.  All the best at Firhill at Kenny.

Unsure about the signing of Miller but I think it will depend on who else we bring in and what role Caldwell sees for him. Will he see him as the main striker?  I was more than surprised with the contribition of Scott McDonald so hoping Miller can provide something similar. McDonald better all round player but Miller more of a goal scorer.

I don't get the dislike for the guy. The only thing giving me doubt is his age. He was a very, very good player in his day and scored his fair share of goals at international level. 

Can he still produce at 39/40? I don't know but time will tell.

• Like 1

If anyone believes Miller thinks of Thistle as anything other than a shitey wee tinpot outfit and isn't laughing behind his hand as he looks at his bank balance go up every month then, well, I guess they'll believe there's Chinese billionaires about to buy the club and turn us into Scotland's version of Manchester City.