Dundee United Friday 9th August

Bobbyhouston

24 minutes ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Tell you something, after today’s events and whatever happens throughout the week off the pitch if we could go and beat united in front of a good crowd, in a tense game, with a good atmosphere under the floodlights it could really be one to remember. With Collum in charge it will most likely be a feisty match on and off the pitch with his countless useless decisions annoying everyone in the stadium. It would send out a real message and give a massive confidence boost to everyone if we go out and get right stuck into them and sneak a win. Couldn’t make Alloa so I’m absolutely buzzing for this one hope it’s as memorable as the last meeting with United at firhill. Mon the jags. 

100% this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Tell you something, after today’s events and whatever happens throughout the week off the pitch if we could go and beat united in front of a good crowd, in a tense game, with a good atmosphere under the floodlights it could really be one to remember. With Collum in charge it will most likely be a feisty match on and off the pitch with his countless useless decisions annoying everyone in the stadium. It would send out a real message and give a massive confidence boost to everyone if we go out and get right stuck into them and sneak a win. Couldn’t make Alloa so I’m absolutely buzzing for this one hope it’s as memorable as the last meeting with United at firhill. Mon the jags. 

Buzzing for this pure dead Buzzing i am 

2 hours ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Saturday’s stats say it all and could be a pointer to how things will pan out on Friday....Dundee United 5 shots on target and 4 goals .Jags 7 shots on target and 1 goal ....in saying that I’ll be giving it laldy from my usual perch at Firhill on Friday .

What does it say. Alloa have a better keeper than ICT ? Or Thistle create more chances than Utd ?

7 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

It's on the council telly - might thin both supports a fair bit 

Given the increased difficulty that the United supporters face in getting to Firhill in time for the KO the crowd was always going to be lower than what we'd normally expect. Put in Thistlespeak, aspects of their logistical operations will hit us at the turnstiles.

4 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

He's one of the only refs I can mind that had both sets of fans singing the referee's a w4ncher simultaneously.

Sure it was Thistle v Aberdeen. 

As I said on another thread, if the crisis/no crisis is having the same effect on the players as it is on the fans, I am happy to absolve, in advance, Caldwell and the squad from anything up to  four goal defeat on Friday.

Strangely, by contrast, the bookies' odds have actually lengthened on an away win!

Funny old game ( © James Peter Greaves, Esq.).

On 8/6/2019 at 7:11 PM, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Loving the upbeat post.

I fear for the flow of the game with that clown in charge but finger crossed we turn up with the right attitude and get right in about them from the off. Not a minute to settle, get them on the back foot with some intensity.

Can't come quickly enough

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Loving the upbeat post.

I fear for the flow of the game with that clown in charge but finger crossed we turn up with the right attitude and get right in about them from the off. Not a minute to settle, get them on the back foot with some intensity.

Can't come quickly enough

Exactly that, hoping we get stuck right in, shake them up a bit and give the crowd something to get them pumped up. Pressing high and starting the game on the front foot is an absolute must for this one.

I too think we want to get stuck in. Even if we play three centrebacks we still want to take the game to them. The team that handles the under foot conditions the best will likely come out on top. With that in mind I'd go with.......

Goalie.....Weissmuller

A back three of...  Goodhew, Wilkie & Phelps

Wingbacks.... Crabbe & Cousteau

Defensive mid......Nemo (Capt)

Attacking midfield...Spitz, & Daley

Upfront...... Hans & Lotte Hass

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I too think we want to get stuck in. Even if we play three centrebacks we still want to take the game to them. The team that handles the under foot conditions the best will likely come out on top. With that in mind I'd go with.......

Goalie.....Weissmuller

Good pool of players.Or should it be good players in the pool.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Hope  so Norge. It would be great to be talking about a Thistle victory and not the new owners. For a few hours anyway.:fan:

I’m not convinced we will play the better football but there is something in the way Caldwell, Miller, and others have been speaking, which seems to lend itself to a huge fighting spirit within the team. I think we will want this more and will get it

For me Friday night is not about being pro/anti the old Board, pro/anti the new Board or pro/anti a takeover it is just about being PRO PARTICK THISTLE.

The eleven guys on the pitch might not be the eleven best players to have played for our club but on Friday night we need to get right behind them and do whatever we can to help them get the result we all want.

C'mon the Jags!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Goalie.....Weissmuller

No place for peaty? Bit controversial m'lady

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

For me Friday night is not about being pro/anti the old Board, pro/anti the new Board or pro/anti a takeover it is just about being PRO PARTICK THISTLE.

The eleven guys on the pitch might not be the eleven best players to have played for our club but on Friday night we need to get right behind them and do whatever we can to help them get the result we all want.

C'mon the Jags!

Ran out of likes, superb post, onwards and upwards