Vs.Tail of the bank Friday 23.

Jimmy McD

8 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Perhaps you should wind your neck in rather than lecturing everyone else and stop acting like the forum police. 

Theres an option for you to ignore me, javeajag, jagfox or whoever else has upset you by daring to respond to digs from your friend 

Please stop quoting his pish. Thank you. The ignore option is there for a reason...

12 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Watched the first half which I think they had to change the ball due to how hard it was being kicked the way anyone was facing. We were 2 goals to the good which were well taken. Couldn't bear watching the 2nd so was doing a few things about the house, still 2 up after 70 minutes, checked it again 10 minutes later and were 3-2 down. I couldn't believe it but really in hindsight it was very believable. Its embarrassing and a kick in the soccer chuckies again. 

Our 'soccer chuckie's' have been kicked so often in the past couple of seasons, we should be shouting 'new balls' more often than it is heard in the US open in the next couple of weeks.

Went out tae walk the dug at 2 nil & taped the remainder - said to the missus don't know why I'm bothering well probably lose 3-2 or 4-2 :wall:

We're stuck with the staff we have - reckon it's a long season ahead - sitting at the bottom with Alloa - rerun of last season ffs. 

p. s . Barney boy, Matt, JF, JJ & others... mon tae fook mind yer p's and q's lads & lassies :innocent:

Kenny Miller speaks out at Morton performance. Interview with Graeme Macpherson in the Sunday Mail.

"I've not come here for a relegation battle in the Championship. I came here for one reason only and it was to play my part in getting this team promoted.

"I know nobody in that dressing room wants to be involved ed in a relegation battle given the experience they went through last season where they nearly went down.

"But I don't think it will come to that as the manager will be tireless to make sure that's not the case. And if us players can't do it then he'll make sure there are other players who can.

"He knows what he wants and what he does on a daily basis is outstanding work.

"It's three games without a win and it's disappointing. It still hurts me at this age. If it didn't I wouldn't be playing.

"There were words spoken at half-time. It was quite heated.

"We were 2-0 up without playing well. And when you've been in the game as long as I have, you know it's not done at that point. For me we were just waiting for Morton to score.

"If you continue to do that, it's only going to go o e way.

"To then lose three goals in eight minutes was horrendous. We were all over the camp.

Miller has been very good for us so far. His movement and intelligence will be huge for us this season. 

On the goals, the first one is an obvious mistake by Fox. However, he is proven keeper at this level and some of the comments I have seen are ridiculous.

The second goal is Bannigan at fault at the front post from the corner. Not sure why he is in that position and the set up at corners needs to looked at again. 

The third goal is poor from both Mcginty and Penrice. Neither of the two mentioned is close enough to prevent the flick on. Got to say that throw on such a tight pitch is going to cause a load of problems for teams at Capalow. 

On 8/25/2019 at 10:48 AM, jagfox said:

Kenny Miller speaks out at Morton performance. Interview with Graeme Macpherson in the Sunday Mail.

"I've not come here for a relegation battle in the Championship. I came here for one reason only and it was to play my part in getting this team promoted.

"I know nobody in that dressing room wants to be involved ed in a relegation battle given the experience they went through last season where they nearly went down.

"But I don't think it will come to that as the manager will be tireless to make sure that's not the case. And if us players can't do it then he'll make sure there are other players who can.

"He knows what he wants and what he does on a daily basis is outstanding work.

"It's three games without a win and it's disappointing. It still hurts me at this age. If it didn't I wouldn't be playing.

"There were words spoken at half-time. It was quite heated.

"We were 2-0 up without playing well. And when you've been in the game as long as I have, you know it's not done at that point. For me we were just waiting for Morton to score.

"If you continue to do that, it's only going to go o e way.

"To then lose three goals in eight minutes was horrendous. We were all over the camp.

@Dick Dastardly

On 8/25/2019 at 8:07 PM, Alan Murray said:

Miller has been very good for us so far. His movement and intelligence will be huge for us this season. 

On the goals, the first one is an obvious mistake by Fox. However, he is proven keeper at this level and some of the comments I have seen are ridiculous.

The second goal is Bannigan at fault at the front post from the corner. Not sure why he is in that position and the set up at corners needs to looked at again. 

The third goal is poor from both Mcginty and Penrice. Neither of the two mentioned is close enough to prevent the flick on. Got to say that throw on such a tight pitch is going to cause a load of problems for teams at Capalow. 

No idea why the comments about Fox are ridicolous cause that is a few goals he has sold already this season and i remember him doing it a lot last time he was with us as well

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

No idea why the comments about Fox are ridicolous cause that is a few goals he has sold already this season and i remember him doing it a lot last time he was with us as well

He has not been great so far but he is a good keeper.

There was a lot of comments like not going back till Fox is gone on social media. It's this stuff that I was referring to. 

4 hours ago, elevenone said:

I wonder if Kenny penned that article on journey down to London where was partying with some of his ex Rangers team mates at the weekend.  Hopefully took his mind off his current Thistle woes.  :thinking:

I don’t think he is the kind of guy who won’t watch his fitness and lifestyle.  So far scored a few goals and an assist certainly not been a dreadful signing some were expecting 

1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

Guy spends days off with friends...where's my flaming torch?

Absolutly nothing wrong with relaxing on day(s) off with chums however maybe it’s my age and grumpiness but to be publicly partying and splashed over social media the day after being part of a team to suffer an embarrassing capitulation seems a bit off with the paying punter who is still hurting after Friday night.  All about opinions though.

4 hours ago, elevenone said:

Absolutly nothing wrong with relaxing on day(s) off with chums however maybe it’s my age and grumpiness but to be publicly partying and splashed over social media the day after being part of a team to suffer an embarrassing capitulation seems a bit off with the paying punter who is still hurting after Friday night.  All about opinions though.

If they couldn't go out after a poor performance there'd have been more chance of bumping into Lord Lucan on a Saturday night over the last couple of seasons than any PTFC squad member.

On 8/24/2019 at 9:34 AM, Mr Bunny said:

I notice Caldwell says in post match talk that he told the players they hadn't played well in the first half (mostly true though bits of good play) but having managed to get two goals they had to up their game and retain the ball better in midfield.  Now I know it was the players' fault they didn't do this but what is worrying is that they don't seem to be listening to him.  We've seen from the start of the season that we're mostly a team of two halves; good or at least OK in one, rubbish in the other.  That suggests whatever the manager is saying they are ignoring him.  And that they don't give much of a damn about the fans either despite what they say in interviews.  This is a tight, tight league and a bad start can have you involved in the relegation battle pretty quickly.

That's him trying to portray the impression he is a Manager and knows what he is doing. " I don'tconcern myself with the score or our league position, it is the performance that I'm interested in, because i'm a real football man who understands the game" --pish!! Maybe if he had simply told the players they were doing well at 2-0 up and to keep it going, we would have won the game. Maybe being told at half time, when your 2-0, that your not playing well is a wee bit disheartening??

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 6:29 PM, One t in Scotland said:

If they couldn't go out after a poor performance there'd have been more chance of bumping into Lord Lucan on a Saturday night over the last couple of seasons than any PTFC squad member.

I’m sure I saw Shergar trotting last Jaconelli’s last Sat night...