Just one more

Paukea

3 hours ago, Paukea said:

Supposedly there is one more new signing allowed. What’s the priority?

RB cover

DM (Ball winner)

Number 10

Striker 

For me I’m stuck between a real defensive midfield ball winner and an out and out striker as I feel we’re still lacking goals

Are you suggesting we are being allowed to make one more signing or talking theoretically if we had the choice? Either way I would say a DM would allow enough goals from midfield hopefully. 

Good defensive midfielders are hard to come by. Palmer will become that player but its a position helped greatly by experience, something  that he has not got yet, 

Might be only able to afford a cheap loan deal for any new deal.  Need to wait and see what happens. 

If we got someone anywhere near the quality of Osman in his first few season we would be right at the top of the league challenging. 

We got Thug Murray a season or two too late but I feel that's the sort of player we should be looking at. Different position admittedly, last season we got hold of Anderson, and tho' again he was a season or so late in his career, like Murray he was a good player to have around the squad. Murray brought on Paton (he acknowledged that) and it would be hard to argue that Anderson didn't assist McGinty to some degree.

Think along the lines of a loan player. Can't come up with any names but I should imagine there must be a few influential centre mids still with something to offer. Players languishing in a club's reserves and not playing first team football. Providing that game time would be a service to the parent club so in theory at least loan terms should be favourable.

We don't know either way if the two signings this week have exhausted the anticipated windfall from the Celtic game but even a half season loan would be very welcome. Come January, assuming Slater, Harkins and Wilson are back and we pick up no further injuries,  we'd be overloaded in midfield positions and decisions would have to made then re who stays, leaves or goes out on loan. So a loan player as described until then would be most welcome.   

37 minutes ago, Paukea said:

I wasn’t lying when I started the thread with one more supposedly coming in haha

I have a feelling it will be a Striker though

If it is a striker and I’ve honestly no idea what it is but I’d be delighted if we could get someone like Oli shaw on loan from Hibs or wright on loan from Aberdeen- neither appear to be in the starting eleven for their teams - but realistically I’ve no idea if we have a chance of either 

I don't think it'll be a striker simply as it would be highly likely all we'll end up with is someone who is not scoring goals at wherever he's coming from.  I reckon not just because the argument for a defensive mid is so compelling it's also both a safer bet and an easier likelihood of getting hold of a player that could really be an influence. Failing all that a hard tackling right back would also be welcome.