Dundee Utd

Barney Rubble

44 minutes ago, Keiththejag said:

Jaiket shoulda been oot the buildin at 10 oclock last friday nite :-)  How much longer?

No it shouldn’t we beat Ross County the previous weekend- we lost that game last Friday because of fox incredibly throwing the ball into his own net. He will be given the first 10 games. 

Given that he was crazily given a 2 year rolling deal (should have been just 1) and Archie and Scott being paid until middle of October I’m pretty sure he will be given till then - club won’t pay for 6 coaches or former coaches at the same time

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Dundee United will walk it this season. Not really an outstanding team amongst the others imo. I know ICT have thumped Morton, but if we had not capitulated last week we would have beaten them.

Was at the game last week AJ , in truth the 2 nil half time scoreline flattered us , if ICT thumped them it doesn’t show us in a good light .

Need a win against Ayr 

6 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Was at the game last week AJ , in truth the 2 nil half time scoreline flattered us , if ICT thumped them it doesn’t show us in a good light .

Need a win against Ayr 

Agreed, we were a poor team that had been gifted two goals by an equally poor team, then when the game started to go against us we didn't have the kind of leadership / defensive qualities shown by Tremarco and his associates in last nights game.

Hopefully the new player brought in, and players playing in their preferred / best positions will mean a competent and comprehensive win against Ayr today. If we don't do well today, I fear we may move towards another 'relegation battle' season like the last.

8 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Need a win against Ayr 

I don't think you can draw many form lines in this division. Perhaps if the players had shown more respect for Morton instead of thinking the job was done, we might have got something out of that game. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

9 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Need a win against Ayr 

Watched last weeks game on telly. Agree we were ahead without doing much. I just feel that after getting into that position we should have held on against a Morton side who weren't great. Lets hope we see a positive reaction today. 

11 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

If we lose tomorrow I think GC's jaiket is oan a shoogly nail.

If I was defending Mr Caldwell in court against a charge of incompetence, I would cite  as mitigation the background instability with the new board ...takeover … look at Bury... unsettling the players … blah, blah, blah.

I would also point out that, if I was defending him (which I amn't!) that my client has only now just got the few additional players that he stated previously that he required to make up the full squad etc. etc. to compete ...

So, I suppose we need to wait to see what sort of impact these 'brilliant new signings' actually make (but not too long). 

Having said that I do not resile from (see, just listening to Gerry I am getting the hang of all this legal baloney) my prediction that we'll be somewhere between 5th and 8th come next May.