Bannigan and O’Ware told to leave?

king of spain

If Banzo goes i'll be gutted. The promotion team was built around him and he stepped up to the premier league better than anyone. He strikes me as a Thistle guy, and a leader. His injury was a bad one and of course he's struggled to come back, but he's still head and shoulders above most of our players. I hope it's not true. 

Just now, Woodstock Jag said:

Archie was sacked for 9 points in 8 games.

Can we sack Caldwell unless he picks up 9 more points from the next 4 games please?

I think we all assumed that Caldwell s position would be assessed around the first quarter of the league just as Archie was .... so the next 3/4 league games will be crucial for him .... our budget means we should be in the top four unless we see a pretty dramatic improvement I suspect he will be gone 

13 minutes ago, allyo said:

If Banzo goes i'll be gutted. The promotion team was built around him and he stepped up to the premier league better than anyone. He strikes me as a Thistle guy, and a leader. His injury was a bad one and of course he's struggled to come back, but he's still head and shoulders above most of our players. I hope it's not true. 

He’s definitely not head and shoulders above the rest of our players- zanatta did more on Saturday than banzo has most of the season 

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

37% since he took the job, that includes the league cup and Caramel Wafer cup against lower league opposition, who we struggled to beat. 

Strange comment as struggling to beat lower opposition means we still beat them. We were unlucky to lose to hearts but at the end of the day we still lost

7 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

37% since he took the job, that includes the league cup and Caramel Wafer cup against lower league opposition, who we struggled to beat. 

Think its about 16% in the league in matches where Scott McDonald wasn't involved.

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

He’s definitely not head and shoulders above the rest of our players- zanatta did more on Saturday than banzo has most of the season 

He's head and shoulders above most of our players. He's had some dodgy moments this season. 

Zanatta was excellent yesterday. No arguments there. But it's hard to compare someone who's played less than one game with someone who's played what, 250?

2 minutes ago, allyo said:

He's head and shoulders above most of our players. He's had some dodgy moments this season. 

Zanatta was excellent yesterday. No arguments there. But it's hard to compare someone who's played less than one game with someone who's played what, 250?

In a large part of the 250 games he was great sadly since injury he has been very poor 

4 minutes ago, jaf said:

Think its about 16% in the league in matches where Scott McDonald wasn't involved.

I would be interested in how many games banzo played in just my opinion he’s been poor and there’s plenty who feel he is integral to the team but given how many said we only stayed up because of McDonald he might not have been quite as integral to the team as suggested 

It’s the managers right to choose the players he wants in his squad. So if he has decided that Banzo and O’Ware aren’t going to figure in his plans, AND he has better players coming in, we can’t moan about it.

But the timing does seem odd.

I Suppose we’ll find out tomorrow.

Edited by Big Col
  • Like 1