Bannigan and O’Ware told to leave?

king of spain

6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Have a look at Banzo's twitter https://twitter.com/banzo8?lang=en 

It doesn't look like a guy who has fallen out with the club or been asked to go anywhere. I am starting to think that this is a complete non-story based on a false rumour. 

I can't see anything more recent than 26th July DD. Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

To be fair if I was our manager at the Morton game I’d be pretty upset as well 

If I was our manager I'd be pretty concerned that i've hardly been outside the bottom 3 in almost 10 months in charge. But then I'd have an ego disproportionate to my ability and would never look at the league table unti 36 games are completed. And I wouldn't accept that defeat at the hands of the Bunnet in two weeks time is any way detrimental to my managerial greatness.

• Like 3

Is this story definitely dead, or can the players still leave after having their contracts terminated "by mutual consent". i.e. if they find another club? It does seem odd to have 4 central halves for example. That can happen outside the transfer window...or do we move on and hope this is not happening?

31 minutes ago, blakey said:

Is this story definitely dead, or can the players still leave after having their contracts terminated "by mutual consent". i.e. if they find another club? It does seem odd to have 4 central halves for example. That can happen outside the transfer window...or do we move on and hope this is not happening?

As I understand it no, you have to have been released before the end of the window to sign as a free after the window closes.  So if Tam and Banzo were released from their contracts today, they'd be unable to sign for anyone officially until Jan 1.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blakey said:

It does seem odd to have 4 central halves

I don't think it is, at all. Ideally you want two players for every position, so there's at least a backup in the event of injury or suspension, so four centre halves is what you'd expect.

It's impossible to know from the outside what the hell all of this was about. On Sunday teatime, Bannigan was going to Ayr, O'Ware to Morton and Penrice to Kilmarnock; by Sunday morning, they weren't, they were continuing as Thistle players.

I don't believe for a minute that these three players had approached, or been approached, by these three clubs prior to Sunday, for all three 'moves' to have disappeared by Monday morning.

The only conclusion I can draw is the someone is at it. While I suspect that not all is happy within the Thistle dressing room (and, given recent performances, neither it should be), stirring up trouble presumably to try to get the manager fired is pretty unpleasant.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, blakey said:

Can oware if required not play in other defensive positions as well 

2 hours ago, Firhillista said:

I don't think it is, at all. Ideally you want two players for every position, so there's at least a backup in the event of injury or suspension, so four centre halves is what you'd expect.

It's impossible to know from the outside what the hell all of this was about. On Sunday teatime, Bannigan was going to Ayr, O'Ware to Morton and Penrice to Kilmarnock; by Sunday morning, they weren't, they were continuing as Thistle players.

I don't believe for a minute that these three players had approached, or been approached, by these three clubs prior to Sunday, for all three 'moves' to have disappeared by Monday morning.

The only conclusion I can draw is the someone is at it. While I suspect that not all is happy within the Thistle dressing room (and, given recent performances, neither it should be), stirring up trouble presumably to try to get the manager fired is pretty unpleasant.

I agree, he should  be able to achieve that unaided.

56 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Can oware if required not play in other defensive positions as well 

I think that the 4 central defenders might be to allow GC to go for his favoured 3 at the back and still have an option on the bench. Certainly Williamson and Robson will fit into that formation than in a flat 4. The sticking point is the lack of a recognised midfield enforcer. It will for sure give us options, and opponents might be confused as to how to line up against us if they don't know what shape we will be. 

Equally our guys could be completely confused if the formation keeps changing, but lets be positive until we know.

• Like 1