McCall returns.

Garscube Road End

5 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Time to get back to the basics and do the simple things. I think from what I have read Caldwell over complicated matters. Welcome back to McCall. The only way is up. We cant go any lower.

Until I watched that performance on Saturday I would have said I agreed with you. After that showing nothing will ever surprise me again regarding how low we could go.:rocker:

But hey, Mon The Jags.........

12 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

eh? how can we have 2 assistants?

7 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

McCall worked with Scally and Sandy Stewart at Ayr. My guess is Archie as #2 with Scally as first team coach 

Pretty much this. McCall possibly taking a more strategic / Director of Football role with Archibald and Scally doing the donkey work?

4 minutes ago, muirparkman said:

Until I watched that performance on Saturday I would have said I agreed with you. After that showing nothing will ever surprise me again regarding how low we could go.:rocker:

But hey, Mon The Jags.........

Agree with you regarding our 'performance' on Saturday, a disgrace. But since we are bottom of the league, we cant go any lower. Before the start of the season in conversation with my Brother in law who is a Morton fan, I said I expected top 4 this season. After Saturday I now feel not getting relegated will be success.

4 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Heard this news in the JFK Library in Boston.

We choose to appoint McCall. Not because being a Jag is easy... but because it is hard.

Ian McCall’s Red’n’yellarmy! :D

You know what they say.... Everyone always remembers what it was that they heard when they were at the JFK.

Or something like that

• Haha 2

I'm delighted and relieved in equal measure at this announcement. I've been hoping for the return of Ian McCall since it was clear to most folk that Caldwell was a charlatan. To be perfectly honest, I'm as happy about the fact the support is united around the appointment as I am about the appointment itself. Things were starting to get a wee bit ugly, with the support divided and getting more fractious with each other. 

Can't  wait till my next Firhill visit. It's  a bit like history repeating itself: Caldwell had become the latter day Dick Campbell and McCall came in and rescued us from that nadir.

Ian McCall's Red'n'Yella Army. :fan:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blackpool Jags said:

I'm delighted and relieved in equal measure at this announcement. I've been hoping for the return of Ian McCall since it was clear to most folk that Caldwell was a charlatan. To be perfectly honest, I'm as happy about the fact the support is united around the appointment as I am about the appointment itself. Things were starting to get a wee bit ugly, with the support divided and getting more fractious with each other. 

Can't  wait till my next Firhill visit. It's  a bit like history repeating itself: Caldwell had become the latter day Dick Campbell and McCall came in and rescued us from that nadir.

Ian McCall's Red'n'Yella Army. :fan:

Well said BJ. Let’s get behind McCall.

Id like to see Archie back, with Dools & Squiddy to follow in due course. 

We are Thistle.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Heard this news in the JFK Library in Boston.

We choose to appoint McCall. Not because being a Jag is easy... but because it is hard.

Ian McCall’s Red’n’yellarmy! :D

Best welcome context I’ve ever seen on a thread. Boston is a top city, WJ.