Sign in to follow this  
Garscube Road End

McCall returns.

This is the right appointment, firmly believe that. 

Maybe Caldwell was a stooge, only here to allow a gap between Archie & McCall? 

Regardless, delighted and can’t wait to get back to Firhill - when was the last time any of us had that thought?!?

• Like 1

Time to get back to the basics and do the simple things. I think from what I have read Caldwell over complicated matters. Welcome back to McCall. The only way is up. We cant go any lower.

Just now, Linlithgow Jag said:

Great news!

A guy who knows the club well and is respected. Hopefully now we can get the “new manager bounce” and skelp Celtic. 

Doolan back in January???

Some Ayr fans reckon Dools will return.

5 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Time to get back to the basics and do the simple things. I think from what I have read Caldwell over complicated matters. Welcome back to McCall. The only way is up. We cant go any lower.

Until I watched that performance on Saturday I would have said I agreed with you. After that showing nothing will ever surprise me again regarding how low we could go.:rocker:

But hey, Mon The Jags.........

12 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

eh? how can we have 2 assistants?

7 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

McCall worked with Scally and Sandy Stewart at Ayr. My guess is Archie as #2 with Scally as first team coach 

Pretty much this. McCall possibly taking a more strategic / Director of Football role with Archibald and Scally doing the donkey work?

4 minutes ago, muirparkman said:

Until I watched that performance on Saturday I would have said I agreed with you. After that showing nothing will ever surprise me again regarding how low we could go.:rocker:

But hey, Mon The Jags.........

Agree with you regarding our 'performance' on Saturday, a disgrace. But since we are bottom of the league, we cant go any lower. Before the start of the season in conversation with my Brother in law who is a Morton fan, I said I expected top 4 this season. After Saturday I now feel not getting relegated will be success.

4 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Heard this news in the JFK Library in Boston.

We choose to appoint McCall. Not because being a Jag is easy... but because it is hard.

Ian McCall’s Red’n’yellarmy! :D

You know what they say.... Everyone always remembers what it was that they heard when they were at the JFK.

Or something like that

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

We choose to appoint McCall. Not because being a Jag is easy... but because it is hard.

It will be one small step for jags, one giant leap for Jagskind.

I'm delighted and relieved in equal measure at this announcement. I've been hoping for the return of Ian McCall since it was clear to most folk that Caldwell was a charlatan. To be perfectly honest, I'm as happy about the fact the support is united around the appointment as I am about the appointment itself. Things were starting to get a wee bit ugly, with the support divided and getting more fractious with each other. 

Can't  wait till my next Firhill visit. It's  a bit like history repeating itself: Caldwell had become the latter day Dick Campbell and McCall came in and rescued us from that nadir.

Ian McCall's Red'n'Yella Army. :fan:

• Like 1

Feel sorry for Ayr, as TL has said above, not that the appointment might prove to be a failure but the " returning manager" hasnt always been the hoped for success in many footballing  cases.

We shall see.

Ah makes my heart happy.  McCall was manager when I first got introduced to Thistle.  Still remember Ami Small arranging for me to meet him, Dools, and Jackie.  Incredibly hospitable to a faraway supporter like me.

Best of luck, Ian!

27 minutes ago, Blackpool Jags said:

I'm delighted and relieved in equal measure at this announcement. I've been hoping for the return of Ian McCall since it was clear to most folk that Caldwell was a charlatan. To be perfectly honest, I'm as happy about the fact the support is united around the appointment as I am about the appointment itself. Things were starting to get a wee bit ugly, with the support divided and getting more fractious with each other. 

Can't  wait till my next Firhill visit. It's  a bit like history repeating itself: Caldwell had become the latter day Dick Campbell and McCall came in and rescued us from that nadir.

Ian McCall's Red'n'Yella Army. :fan:

Well said BJ. Let’s get behind McCall.

Id like to see Archie back, with Dools & Squiddy to follow in due course. 

We are Thistle.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Best welcome context I’ve ever seen on a thread. Boston is a top city, WJ.

Also happy with this but...I do wonder if McCall asked for any reassurances about the future of the board. For instance...what if another board comes in. Will they opt for another guy?