Glasgow Cup Tie - Tuesday Evening

Fawlty Towers

2 hours ago, elevenone said:

Would imagine its a good chance for new management to have a look at a few of the fringe players.

Better late than never I suppose https://cdn.thestage.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/shutterstock_109367276-1-700x455.jpg

For some reason thought the game was on Wednesday but should still make it. Good chance to give a few of the squad some game time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Strangely we seem to be allowed to field a full senior side, with 5 subs (but only three stoppages).

Someone mentioned after the last game we must play a certain amount of regular first team players, maybe 5. Of course the arse cheeks don’t need to

Well deserved - Slater's moment of madness for the penalty was about all they could muster. Slater subbed at half time which was a pity because he'd done reasonably well until then, nioe feet, tidy sharp passing.

That said we were rank at times, appalling distribution  from some players: it will take Paul Daniels to turn Kakay (who cant seem to defend or attack - some real bomb scare moments) or Mansell (can't run, can't jump, cant play with feet) into football players.

And some solid performances: De Vita's appetite for chasing back and defending - never noticed this aspect of his game before; Cole outstanding in my opinion - either of these two for MOM.

I can see why Niang is going out on loan … might struggle in League One.

7 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Well deserved - Slater's moment of madness for the penalty was about all they could muster. Slater subbed at half time which was a pity because he'd done reasonably well until then, nioe feet, tidy sharp passing.

That said we were rank at times, appalling distribution  from some players: it will take Paul Daniels to turn Kakay (who cant seem to defend or attack - some real bomb scare moments) or Mansell (can't run, can't jump, cant play with feet) into football players.

And some solid performances: De Vita's appetite for chasing back and defending - never noticed this aspect of his game before; Cole outstanding in my opinion - either of these two for MOM.

I can see why Niang is going out on loan … might struggle in League One.

Slater only returned to training last week after months out so I think his  substitution would have been pre planned 

Agree regards Cole, looks a player.  And also agree re Kakay looking not so much a player.  Thought Niang was ok firsf half so hopefully some game time at Montrose will aid his development.  First half chance looked well over the line for us but goal not given so at least the future refs looks consistent.  Despite his goal Mansell looked poor, hopefully Miller can keep knocking them in until January window.  Anyway 2/2 in Glasgow Cup.

3 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Wee bit of a dilemma for McCall. Can we play Banzo, Palmer and Cole in the same starting line up? Cole's crisp passing thru the middle is something we've lacked. He clearly reads the game very well.

Palmer and Cole loan periods end at the turn of the year?

Surprised at some of the comments about Kakay - I thought he done okay. Less said about Mansell the better though - poor despite his goal. 

Queens number 7 Agyeman? Looked good.

Cole is a good player - does not have the first touch of Banzo but is stronger and quicker. Wonder how he would do playing further forward? 

Great to see Slater back - really stupid challenge to give away the pen but given his time off we will let him off! 

We were pretty comfortable throughout and controlled the game without looking too threatening in final third. Was beginning to feel sorry for Mansell, he just looks to be out of his depth. De Vita and Galasso were OK but didn't create too much.

Was impressed by Ben Hall, looked good and won just about everything in the air. Kakay looked OK but was trying to do too much and held on to the ball too long, invariably losing it. 

It was worth going to the game just to see Reece Cole. I'm still not convinced he's great defensively but I can't remember seeing a player in a Thistle strip that can pass the ball as well as that. Range of passing and pace of pass were excellent throughout. And he actually moves after he releases it. I ended up just watching him for about ten minutes. 

As LIB says, it will be interesting to see if McCall can find room for him Banzo and Palmer. In my opinion we have to get him in the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jag said:

We were pretty comfortable throughout and controlled the game without looking too threatening in final third. Was beginning to feel sorry for Mansell, he just looks to be out of his depth. De Vita and Galasso were OK but didn't create too much.

Was impressed by Ben Hall, looked good and won just about everything in the air. Kakay looked OK but was trying to do too much and held on to the ball too long, invariably losing it. 

It was worth going to the game just to see Reece Cole. I'm still not convinced he's great defensively but I can't remember seeing a player in a Thistle strip that can pass the ball as well as that. Range of passing and pace of pass were excellent throughout. And he actually moves after he releases it. I ended up just watching him for about ten minutes. 

As LIB says, it will be interesting to see if McCall can find room for him Banzo and Palmer. In my opinion we have to get him in the team.

Pretty much as I saw the game. Mansell seemed to always be in the "wrong position" by the reaction of his teammates. Sena was better than the last couple of times that I have him, but seemed to be the guy who required to be  coached through the match. Every second shout from the players seemed to include "Sena".

2 hours ago, Jag said:

+1.

• Like 1