Glasgow Cup Tie - Tuesday Evening

Fawlty Towers

6 minutes ago, Camallain said:

Do the rules not state that everyone other than the ugly sisters must  field a minimum of 6 recognised first team regulars?

Not too sure but I don't think Clyde played many regular starters. I'm guessing a lot of their squad players are youngsters.

The game was as the score suggests a total mismatch. I counted at least seven missed half chances in the first half alone and I'm being generous calling them half chances. Credit to Clyde for still trying to play decent football till the end. Enjoyed the game even more after we subbed some of the senior players but that's often the case.

Harkins for the most part played the game at walking pace before he tired towards the end.

Give him the benefit of doubt and say he was rusty.

Can see he's fast and doesn't look like he'll get brushed off the ball easily. Very one footed. I think the only time he used his right foot was to tap the ball into the net (would settle for that if he's a regular goalscorer!). Played wide left (kinda orthodox winger) for most of his spell till Jones went off, when he switched to the middle.

To be honest it would be hard to judge any player tonight due to the level of opposition. For instance Hall, Robson &  De Vita looked very good yet when they play league matches they don't usually impress.

10 hours ago, Camallain said:

Do the rules not state that everyone other than the ugly sisters must  field a minimum of 6 recognised first team regulars?

Extract from the Glasgow FA website.

(b) In the case of 1st Teams participating in the City of Glasgow Cup, teams must field a minimum of 6 recognised 1st Team players in the starting line-up. (c) In the case of Colt Teams participating in the City of Glasgow Cup, players who qualify as U21 players (born on or after 1st January 1999), are eligible to play in the competition. (d) A Colt Team shall be permitted to play a maximum of two overage players in any match.

34 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

Extract from the Glasgow FA website.

(b) In the case of 1st Teams participating in the City of Glasgow Cup, teams must field a minimum of 6 recognised 1st Team players in the starting line-up. (c) In the case of Colt Teams participating in the City of Glasgow Cup, players who qualify as U21 players (born on or after 1st January 1999), are eligible to play in the competition. (d) A Colt Team shall be permitted to play a maximum of two overage players in any match.

Official report on Clyde’s website says they only fielded 4 first team squad players.  Knowing the SFA they will probably award us the tie 2-0 now.  :D

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not too sure but I don't think Clyde played many regular starters. I'm guessing a lot of their squad players are youngsters.

The game was as the score suggests a total mismatch. I counted at least seven missed half chances in the first half alone and I'm being generous calling them half chances. Credit to Clyde for still trying to play decent football till the end. Enjoyed the game even more after we subbed some of the senior players but that's often the case.

Harkins for the most part played the game at walking pace before he tired towards the end.

Doesn't bode well! Haha!

11 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

He could lead PTFC to Walking Football glory next season.

7 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Strange that it seems your permitted to make so many substitutions however good in the sense that we were able to give the younger boys decent time on the park.

I've no idea the rules of this competition. I know we've gotta start with 6 or 7 from first team squad. Not saying we should but perhaps we could sub most of them in the first minute? 

15 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Give him the benefit of doubt and say he was rusty.

Can see he's fast and doesn't look like he'll get brushed off the ball easily. Very one footed. I think the only time he used his right foot was to tap the ball into the net (would settle for that if he's a regular goalscorer!). Played wide left (kinda orthodox winger) for most of his spell till Jones went off, when he switched to the middle.

To be honest it would be hard to judge any player tonight due to the level of opposition. For instance Hall, Robson &  De Vita looked very good yet when they play league matches they don't usually impress.

As ever, the personification of magnanimity, m'lady.

When I saw his almost incredible miss in (was it?) the first minute, I immediately thought, ah another Caldwell dud. His pace, off the ball at least,  was certainly remarkable for a player recovering from a  long injury.  Time will tell, of course.

Edited by Semi Nurainen
usual typo!

• 2 weeks later...