Scottish Cup Pop Up 2019/20

BowenBoys

8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Need to decide where this competition goes ... I vote for the season being declared void and that way we are all winners (it's my best chance) :):fan:

I think the only honourable and natural thing to do is to award the title to the poster who is currently in the lead whoever that may be.

Can I just take this opportunity to thank BowenBoys for all his painstaking efforts in making this competition such a success. BowenBoys is a very nice man :thumbsup2:

I am in frequent contact with UEFA. All parties are aware that a decision on the outcome of this competition will have a knock-on effect for the European Championships, Champions League, national competitions and beyond.
This is an unprecedented situation. We must take our time to ensure that we get it right. I thank lady-isobel-barnett for her kind words and for the recent threat communication from her legal team.
In the meantime let's all look after each other. Keep Mutley safe.

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think the only honourable and natural thing to do is to award the title to the poster who is currently in the lead whoever that may be.

Can I just take this opportunity to thank BowenBoys for all his painstaking efforts in making this competition such a success. BowenBoys is a very nice man :thumbsup2:

I'd rather play the remaining rounds behind closed doors to maintain the sporting integrity.

Will the Euro 2020 pop-up be postponed to 2021 ?

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Nah sporting integrity must be upheld.  This must be concluded and not behind closed doors either otherwise elevenone’s legal team will lodge a appeal insisiting those people already eliminated :whistling: are re-instated.  It is for the good of the game and not self interest :hypocrite:.

7 hours ago, elevenone said:

Nah sporting integrity must be upheld.  This must be concluded and not behind closed doors either otherwise elevenone’s legal team will lodge a appeal insisiting those people already eliminated :whistling: are re-instated.  It is for the good of the game and not self interest :hypocrite:.

I'm with 11-1 on this, though personally I would favour an inverted grid and let the others play catch up.

• 7 months later...

Hello.

We're back. Pop Up HQ has been deep cleaned and 7 months of dust has been scraped from the spreadsheet. Wish I could make the same claim about my brain.

Guess we should recap.

925714266_Screenshot2020-10-21at19_21_15.png.b9385d45997e80a0ebb219c16ca53d71.png

Next up, the Semi-finals.

Saturday 31 October - Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian

Sunday 1 November - Celtic v Aberdeen

I have received some selections for these fixtures.

527164562_Screenshot2020-10-21at19_30_33.thumb.png.e7af64caf74f02e6b8cd6aa37e7ea8d1.png

In the graphic above, white squares are available selections. X denotes a selection that has been made.

Under the circumstances I think it is fair to allow anyone to change their selections if they wish. In any event, I need selections from Arete, Jaggernaut, thistle4celtic1 & Clydebankjag.

The original deadline has been extended from 11 April to 5pm, Saturday 31 October.

Just when you're getting on with life up pops the Scottish Cup again. If Celtic win this weekend then I'd  be happy if a tier 4 level lockdown for the Final voided the tournament. Thanks for the prompt BowenBoys. I'll take Celtic and Hibs. Might as well try to  win. Cheers 

• Like 1

Semi final standings

1641764258_Screenshot2020-11-01at16_15_40.png.d9a60bc15ae99a55d54d3d33ab93aed7.png

No change at the top.

6 more players drop out and nobody left in has a choice in the final.

1007936610_Screenshot2020-11-01at16_15_08.png.026cf1ad6e3b5aa510216ffa66b42b7e.png

Only lady-isobel-barnett, Arete & jagfox can win now.

7 points for correct selection of the cup winner. With one more Bonus Point question to come, potentially 8 Bonus Points to be added to totals after the final.

Edited by BowenBoys

Bonus Point Question 9

Time of the first goal scored in regulation time.

If you think it will be 0 - 0 at full time then answer 0. Otherwise, a number between 1 and 90.

Official goal time will be taken from the SFA Scottish Cup site.

A goal scored in first half added time will be taken as 45. A goal scored in second half added time will be taken as 90.

If nobody gets the correct time then a point will be awarded to each player that is closest to the correct time.

Deadline for submissions noon, 20 December