A Pizza, A Pint and A Legend

Jaggernaut

A Pizza, A Pint and A Legend" featuring George Shaw, Chic Charnley and Martin Hardie 

We clearly have a few troublesome issues going on, but this event looks like it could have been some light relief. 

Did anybody on here go to it? I love these behind-the-scenes football stories nights, and would definitely have gone if I'd been in Glasgow.

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

A Pizza, A Pint and A Legend" featuring George Shaw, Chic Charnley and Martin Hardie 

We clearly have a few troublesome issues going on, but this event looks like it could have been some light relief. 

Did anybody on here go to it? I love these behind-the-scenes football stories nights, and would definitely have gone if I'd been in Glasgow.

Who's the legend?

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I had a ticket, but couldn't go. Friends that did say it was an excellent night and are looking forward to the follow-up.

Martin Hardie’s goals had us topping the table a few times. He was one Mozzarella of a player.

Sad to see we didn’t get any dough for him.

We really knead a player like him at the minute.

I was mar-ghareeting when he left.

Did Papa John Lambie sign all 3 of them?

All 3 players are Goodfellas.

Thistle are rising again.

Anyone who doesn’t like these puns is a weirdough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Martin Hardie’s goals had us topping the table a few times. He was one Mozzarella of a player.

Sad to see we didn’t get any dough for him.

We really knead a player like him at the minute.

I was mar-ghareeting when he left.

Did Papa John Lambie sign all 3 of them?

All 3 players are Goodfellas.

Thistle are rising again.

Anyone who doesn’t like these puns is a weirdough.

Jesus Crust!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, allyo said:

To be fair the "legend" was singular. No one went there expecting three pizzas with a single ticket.

I think it would have been more accurately branded "A pizza, a pint, a legend, a talisman and an enigma".

But that's maybe a bit too.long.

With a soundtrack by Michael Nyman?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Chic? OK. Yeah, but definitely not Shaw and Hardie.

You could have a debate about whether Martin Hardie was a Thistle legend. However. as a major goalscorer in two consecutive promotion campaigns, he certainly contributed massively to a legendary period in Thistle's history.

Also some of his goals have legendary status in their own right.  Late winners against Inverness and St Mirren (with subsequent wild celebrations) were huge turning points, putting the promotion train back on track. 

Maybe if he had slotted the winning penalty in the shoot-out against Celtic, we would not be having this debate.

I kinda feel that legend status has to include a fairly substantial time period with the club. 

I'd probably say that Chic, Lambie, Archie, Erskine and Dools are the genuine legends in my time watching Thistle. In fifty years they'll still be associated with this club. 

You could just about add Alan Rough, but my memories are very vague.

3 hours ago, allyo said:

I kinda feel that legend status has to include a fairly substantial time period with the club. 

I'd probably say that Chic, Lambie, Archie, Erskine and Dools are the genuine legends in my time watching Thistle. In fifty years they'll still be associated with this club. 

You could just about add Alan Rough, but my memories are very vague.

You're spot on. There was a fine book about Jags legends published maybe 10-12 years ago. Chic, Archie & Lambie I'm sure were all included. Subsequently Doolan is an absolute stick on as a Jags Legend and I don't think Erskine can be too far behind inclusion. 

Btw I don't understand your reference to Alan Rough.  

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

You're spot on. There was a fine book about Jags legends published maybe 10-12 years ago. Chic, Archie & Lambie I'm sure were all included. Subsequently Doolan is an absolute stick on as a Jags Legend and I don't think Erskine can be too far behind inclusion. 

Btw I don't understand your reference to Alan Rough.  

Yep, that book is a fine read. I don't have it at hand for reference, but I think the criterion for "legend" was to have played more than 200 times for the club, OR to have been significantly involved in major triumph..... all two of them!