Tunnocks Cup Semi Final

Paukea

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

This... when the opposition continually know and easily exploit our weaknesses, it’s damning on our management team and players. It will get us relegated.

Seeing Brian Graham tear a strip off Austin after the final whistle showed how much he cares. Made me think that McCall should be picking a team of grafters but it would probably mean a 7 a side team.  

Looking at the table and seeing Alloa get another point against a team who walked over us recently, then failure to win next week and it’s probably all over bar the shouting.

Even a collapse by say QoS and us somehow finding 9th position by the end of the season, I don’t think any of us would fancy our chances in a playoff. I don’t think the players would either. The opposition would smell our fear.

i honestly think we are now heading for relegation. Would be the cherry on top of an abysmal two years, and where so much money was wasted on so many ...

As Ian’s others have said take the captaincy of oware and give it to Brian Graham 

The whole night was a shambles.

From watching that useless **** Fox who might well be the worst goalie we've ever had to Tam "pals with Bannigan so gets away with being shite" O'Ware where do you start with the on field disaster.

Off the field yet again we give clubs a free run of the stadium. Thistle fans being frisked outside yet we give a huge section of the JH to opposition fans. Flares when they score, flares in the concourse of the JH at half time. The experience going to Firhill is ****** rubbish.

I'm sure the useless spineless working group will have a meeting again and make sure it's all hunky dory. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hankey said:

The whole night was a shambles.

From watching that useless **** Fox who might well be the worst goalie we've ever had to Tam "pals with Bannigan so gets away with being shite" O'Ware where do you start with the on field disaster.

Off the field yet again we give clubs a free run of the stadium. Thistle fans being frisked outside yet we give a huge section of the JH to opposition fans. Flares when they score, flares in the concourse of the JH at half time. The experience going to Firhill is ****** rubbish.

I'm sure the useless spineless working group will have a meeting again and make sure it's all hunky dory. 

Working group/ interim board? Hahahaha.

Got in from work, game had started on TV. Watched about 5 mins before my wife came into the room. 'Watch it if you want - I don't mind' she said... 

Enjoyed Jamie's Friday Night Feast & 8 Out of 10 Cats on Channel 4.

Sad thing is, that was me at home, not even at Firhill. I've been supporting Thistle for nearly 40 years and I'd rather watch Jamie ****ing Oliver. 

This is VERY bad at the moment - the only thing that will get us out of this mess is serious effort & desire from the players - sadly it really isn't there at the moment. 

It's a shambles. Watched that abject team on tv last night with broken hearted disbelief. The, frankly disgusting, sight of McCall chewing wads of gum, seemingly unwilling or unable to coach his players into meaningful action was in sharp contrast to an animated McGlynn. Behind McCall, his two assistants gazed on with petrified eyes. This is not simply a case of bad performances by the players. There is something deeply wrong with the playing side of the club.

Worse still, the management of the club seems to be in decline too. Who is actually running things? Who is interfacing with McCall while the Working Group try to thrash out a fan ownership plan for a dwindling support?

Something is rotten. Perhaps it's been that way for some time but the Premiership income masked the problems. Who knows? One thing is for sure, dark days lie ahead. We can only hope that, once the club is stripped back to the bone, a well run club rises from the ashes of this mess.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

It's a shambles. Watched that abject team on tv last night with broken hearted disbelief. The, frankly disgusting, sight of McCall chewing wads of gum, seemingly unwilling or unable to coach his players into meaningful action was in sharp contrast to an animated McGlynn. Behind McCall, his two assistants gazed on with petrified eyes. This is not simply a case of bad performances by the players. There is something deeply wrong with the playing side of the club.

Worse still, the management of the club seems to be in decline too. Who is actually running things? Who is interfacing with McCall while the Working Group try to thrash out a fan ownership plan for a dwindling support?

Something is rotten. Perhaps it's been that way for some time but the Premiership income masked the problems. Who knows? One thing is for sure, dark days lie ahead. We can only hope that, once the club is stripped back to the bone, a well run club rises from the ashes of this mess.

Right from the top down.

3 hours ago, jaf said:

In theory you are correct. 

hiwever if there is a lack of discretion at a senior level of club impacting on manager or players, or if there were too much interference or interest in team affairs by people not qualified to do so, then I am sure there can be an impact.  So it’s not always as black and white as you suggest. 

So are you saying it's the board (or someone else) who are picking, managing and coaching the team?

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

In the cold light of today, McCall showed exactly the same posture last night as he did last season in the Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr Scottish Cup game. Once his team fell behind he didn't/couldn't do anything to change the tempo and ultimately stuttered to an embarrassing defeat at the hands of more savvy lower league opposition.

Edited by Barney Rubble

17 minutes ago, jaf said:

Clearly not. 

hiwever if there is a lack of discretion at a senior level of club impacting on manager or players, or if there were too much interference or interest in team affairs by people not qualified to do so, then I am sure there can be an impact.  So it’s not always as black and white as you suggest. 

So what are you meaning here?

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

So what are you meaning here?

That a managers performance and by extension a teams performance can be affected by events at a senior level of the club. Who knows if it has in this case , but it’s not right to say there is no impact on a manager by the culture he is working in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

That a managers performance and by extension a teams performance can be affected by events at a senior level of the club. Who knows if it has in this case , but it’s not right to say there is no impact on a manager by the culture he is working in. 

Agreed Jaf.

2 hours ago, Anniesland Jag said:

The Bunnet’s mob 2 nil up against QOS....might help us in the long run .

Credit where credit is due, Arbroath showing up a number of so called bigger clubs. Who would have ever thought DC could be in the running for manager of the year in the Championship.

6 minutes ago, jaf said:

So if that manager is passing whatever on to the players, surely he's a poor manager?