Jacqui Low

blakey

45 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So you agree that the Directors and only the Directors run the Club - that No third Party - Shareholder or otherwise has any say in the Running or Decisions of PTFC as to do so would result in no one knowning who is making the decisions ? 

And that all decisions should be formally minuted at Board Meetings  

If you don’t think significant shareholders or shareholder groups can influence a company have a chat with Warren buffet 

Don’t be silly and don’t respond by telling me things I never said !

2 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

If you don’t think significant shareholders or shareholder groups can influence a company have a chat with Warren buffet 

Don’t be silly and don’t respond by telling me things I never said !

Of course he can - but the decisions are taken by the Directors - there is a big big difference between "influence" and being responsible - if  Directors let anyone take decisions apart from them then there position is untenable - they are legally accountable and responsible - anything else results in chaos ...........

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Of course he can - but the decisions are taken by the Directors - there is a big big difference between "influence" and being responsible - if  Directors let anyone take decisions apart from them then there position is untenable - they are legally accountable and responsible - anything else results in chaos ...........

Ok let’s agree we have a difference of emphasis ....only directors can make decisions at a company (formally) they can be influenced by shareholders (informally) 

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Can someone tell me what is their problem with Duncan Smillie being on the board ?

He already runs a successful sports club and he was only briefly on a previous board, so is hardly tainted by any association. From where I am sitting, this looks like a very sensible appointment.

One of Low's pals. She's definitely pulling the strings here.

15 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Can someone tell me what is their problem with Duncan Smillie being on the board ?

He already runs a successful sports club and he was only briefly on a previous board, so is hardly tainted by any association. From where I am sitting, this looks like a very sensible appointment.

Spot on,however there is the Paranoia factor  as he once spoke to Jacqui Low.

22 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Dear oh dear .....

so anyone who knows Jlow cannot be involved at the club how inclusive .... a few people here should get a grip 

It has nothing to do with inclusive or the attempted Spin of Misogny - TFE made a very clear statement regards her returning - the fact they made it obviously shows it was an issue with Fans 

The Evening Times again based on breifing  Im assuming from the Club made it clear she was not returning in an Official Capacity 

And as you have accepted - the Board of Directors run the Club   - therefore given that  Mr Smillie was previously part of Jlo Board - its not unreasonable for Fans to be asking questions - so I suggest you "get a grip" 

We have two very public statements saying she isnt involved - neither of them demanded by the Fans - Statement from TFE - Statement via Press Breifing - for you  to attempt to turn this on the Fans isnt acceptable 

My view is that it would have made more sense to move on with fresh faces - but thats just my view  

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

It has nothing to do with inclusive or the attempted Spin of Misogny - TFE made a very clear statement regards her returning - the fact they made it obviously shows it was an issue with Fans 

The Evening Times again based on breifing  Im assuming from the Club made it clear she was not returning in an Official Capacity 

And as you have accepted - the Board of Directors run the Club   - therefore given that  Mr Smillie was previously part of Jlo Board - its not unreasonable for Fans to be asking questions - so I suggest you "get a grip" 

We have two very public statements saying she isnt involved - neither of them demanded by the Fans - Statement from TFE - Statement via Press Breifing - for you  to attempt to turn this on the Fans isnt acceptable 

My view is that it would have made more sense to move on with fresh faces - but thats just my view  

What’s the bad thing happening here ?

Just now, Springburnjag said:

There is obviously a connection between the appiontment and the previous Board - therefore Fans are not unreasonably asking questions 

As Ive said my view is that they should have gone with Fresh Faces all round  - but lets see what transpires ............. 

15 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

There is obviously a connection between the appiontment and the previous Board - therefore Fans are not unreasonably asking questions 

As Ive said my view is that they should have gone with Fresh Faces all round  - but lets see what transpires ............. 

It’s only till April anyway 

1 hour ago, Springburnjag said:

It’s only till April anyway 

So what your saying that there will be no involvement on any level beyond an elected Board - that includes Trustees - Owners - Advisors - Current Directors 

All Shares will be in 100% total control of the Fans and the elected board ?  

just checking so Im not misquoting you ? 

9 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So what your saying that there will be no involvement on any level beyond an elected Board - that includes Trustees - Owners - Advisors - Current Directors 

just checking so Im not misquoting you ? 

Mr Angry does question time....

how would I know ? Do i care....not sure I do until I know what you mean 

im giving Colin weir my support until I have reason not too....so far he’s

1. saved the club from the Barnsley buffoons 

2. bought out propco and given the club the whole stadium back 

3. pledged to put the club into fan/ community ownership by April 

4. funded the academy till the end of 2021

5, given the women’s teams additional support 

6. pledged to support the manager in the January window 

7. looking at getting us a training facility 

how about supporting him rather than sniping from the sidelines 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Springburnjag said:

A potential lack of transparency which puts people on edge.

It's been stated, repeatedly, that Jacqui isn't officially involved in the boardroom - done so, as has been indicated elsewhere, presumably because her presence is seen as divisive among certain aspects of the support.  However, we  also know she's still an advisor to the new owner, her PR firm are involved in the club, and now a former board member from her previous, short but undistinguished era in charge has returned to the board.   So there's a legitimate question to be asked about whether she's unofficially involved, or advising, the club and its new owner regarding the current situation or the next phase of the club's transition.

I've no probem with Smillie rejoining the board - it makes sense we establish partnerships with other small-to-medium sports teams in the city, given the dominance of the ugly sisters and the off-field benefits of having those relationships.  Frankly, I've even got no problem if Low is back on the board officially - she's a successful businesswoman, has a good contacts book and is someone who appears to care about Thistle.  But equally, all I expect is transparency about it.

If we're to trust the interim board and new owner to do the right thing by Thistle - which they've  certainly started strongly with - then openness and honesty are essential.  Much of the distrust and issues last time round came from the poor comms and transparency last time - the Doolan departure being the most obvious example, which was handled (whether you agree with the decision to let him leave or not) in the most cack-handed way possible. 

We've a period of uncertainty over the next few months while the new structure and fan ownership terms are sorted, and then a further period of the same going as the new structure gets implemented.  Going into all of that with the added spectre of 'is there someone pulling strings behind the scenes?' doesn't help.

1 hour ago, Springburnjag said:

Mr Angry does question time....

how would I know ? Do i care....not sure I do until I know what you mean 

im giving Colin weir my support until I have reason not too....so far he’s

1. saved the club from the Barnsley buffoons 

2. bought out propco and given the club the whole stadium back 

3. pledged to put the club into fan/ community ownership by April 

4. funded the academy till the end of 2021

5, given the women’s teams additional support 

6. pledged to support the manager in the January window 

7. looking at getting us a training facility 

how about supporting him rather than sniping from the sidelines 

So I will repeat the Question 

What your saying that there will be no involvement on any level beyond an elected Board - that includes Trustees - Owners - Advisors - Current Directors 

Because whilst all these things you have quoted are important-  the key one is that the Fans get the Shares and have unfettered power to run the Club via an elected Board  - and thats what was promised by TFE and there defacto Supporters in the Thistle Trust 

Also TFE made quite clear statements regards the return of JLo - now no return means exactly that - No Return - Advisor - Owner - Trustee - obviously everyone is Welcome as a paying Fan - but No return is No Return 

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So I will repeat the Question 

What your saying that there will be no involvement on any level beyond an elected Board - that includes Trustees - Owners - Advisors - Current Directors 

Because whilst all these things you have quoted are important-  the key one is that the Fans get the Shares and have unfettered power to run the Club via an elected Board  - and thats what was promised by TFE and there defacto Supporters in the Thistle Trust 

Also TFE made quite clear statements regards the return of JLo - now no return means exactly that - No Return - Advisor - Owner - Trustee - obviously everyone is Welcome as a paying Fan - but No return is No Return 

What I am saying is I have no idea....and the more you go on about it the less I care

if you know something spit it out ....if you just speculating please stop

your conversion to fan ownership is well .....amusing 

can we just wait and see what happens then you can tell us how bad it is 

44 minutes ago, chapwithwings said:

A potential lack of transparency which puts people on edge.

It's been stated, repeatedly, that Jacqui isn't officially involved in the boardroom - done so, as has been indicated elsewhere, presumably because her presence is seen as divisive among certain aspects of the support.  However, we  also know she's still an advisor to the new owner, her PR firm are involved in the club, and now a former board member from her previous, short but undistinguished era in charge has returned to the board.   So there's a legitimate question to be asked about whether she's unofficially involved, or advising, the club and its new owner regarding the current situation or the next phase of the club's transition.

I've no probem with Smillie rejoining the board - it makes sense we establish partnerships with other small-to-medium sports teams in the city, given the dominance of the ugly sisters and the off-field benefits of having those relationships.  Frankly, I've even got no problem if Low is back on the board officially - she's a successful businesswoman, has a good contacts book and is someone who appears to care about Thistle.  But equally, all I expect is transparency about it.

If we're to trust the interim board and new owner to do the right thing by Thistle - which they've  certainly started strongly with - then openness and honesty are essential.  Much of the distrust and issues last time round came from the poor comms and transparency last time - the Doolan departure being the most obvious example, which was handled (whether you agree with the decision to let him leave or not) in the most cack-handed way possible. 

We've a period of uncertainty over the next few months while the new structure and fan ownership terms are sorted, and then a further period of the same going as the new structure gets implemented.  Going into all of that with the added spectre of 'is there someone pulling strings behind the scenes?' doesn't help.

Is there any evidence jlow is pulling strings and if so which ones ?