January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Where did you see the link for Wardrop Firhillsta?  We have been linked to Alan Forrest as well though that's maybe more with a view to signing for next season.

Honestly can't remember where I saw this. It was probably on a link in Twitter, but there was some detailed speculation, so it's probably more than some random fan's view.

As for the Forrest speculation, I never gave it much credence to be honest.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

He hasn't kicked a ball in earnest in over 2  years.

Bannigan not at his best I'd agree. But in my opinion hes played well for last few months and he played decent Jan 19 to May 19, notwithstanding 2 stupid sending offs. We could do far worse...and have! 

2 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Bannigan not at his best I'd agree. But in my opinion hes played well for last few months and he played decent Jan 19 to May 19, notwithstanding 2 stupid sending offs. We could do far worse...and have! 

Not many jags players hav done well over the last few years, considering Stuart has only been back from a career threatenin injury for around a year, he's still 1 o the best players in the team, listen to his interview on Jagzone re his cheap bookings etc, very candid, I'm glad he's signed up, and deserved

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

You have a rather rosy speckled view of Bannigan don't you?

Maybe he does , but you are talking mince !

He is consistently one of our better players, takes responsibility and generally puts in a shift. His tacking is poor and sometimes he tries too hard which impacts his effectiveness. For me though  - I am very happy he is a Thistle player.

12 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Maybe he does , but you are talking mince !

He is consistently one of our better players, takes responsibility and generally puts in a shift. His tacking is poor and sometimes he tries too hard which impacts his effectiveness. For me though  - I am very happy he is a Thistle player.

Ah. Another one who cant see the end of his nose regards Bannigan. Remember he didnt give the club a thought when he was Aberdeen bound before his injury. Thistle have shown him unbelievable loyalty( too much) and he has nowhere near paid that back. 

• Downvote 3

from Euan Robertson on Twitter.....

As alluded to earlier in week, Brian Graham and Cammy Smith are Thistle’s top targets. Latter more imminent. 

Ian McCall admits he’s ‘very proactive’ & ‘in for a few players’ but stresses January window is ‘notoriously hard’.

More good news for Jags fans very soon

Cannot say i am unhappy at Banzo signing on, still think on his day he is one of the best in the Championship. Yeah he has had poor form when coming back from injury and his discipline at times has let him down but i would rather have him in my team any day of the week than have him line up against us.

• Like 2

I like Stuart Bannigan and am delighted he's signed. To be honest l'd rather he went to Aberdeen and didn't suffer that terrible injury because he was one who, at that point in his career, could really have kicked on and done well. I think it's a big pity he never got that chance.

But given how things played out, l personally think we done the right thing sticking by him during the injury - it was the decent thing to do and was to Archie's credit that we treated Stuart as a person and not a commodity.  If he had never kicked another ball for Thistle, l would have been content that we stuck with him.

Recently when he hasn't at his best, l don't remember thinking that Stuart Bannigan has hidden during games. Or not tried. Nor given the impression he couldn't care less. That can't be easy, especially when you know you're not playing well in a poor team.

If l was in the current Thistle team (a middle aged man can dream!) and was asked to pick the players l wanted to start an end of season do-or-die match with me, the first name l would put is Stuart Bannigan. For me he defines an attitude that you want beside you on the pitch.

We have seen, signed and persevered with players a lot worse than Stuart Bannigan. If he performs like he has recently, l can't think of many l would have before and rather than Stuart Bannigan.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, east end jag said:

I like Stuart Bannigan and am delighted he's signed. To be honest l'd rather he went to Aberdeen and didn't suffer that terrible injury because he was one who, at that point in his career, could really have kicked on and done well. I think it's a big pity he never got that chance.

But given how things played out, l personally think we done the right thing sticking by him during the injury - it was the decent thing to do and was to Archie's credit that we treated Stuart as a person and not a commodity.  If he had never kicked another ball for Thistle, l would have been content that we stuck with him.

Recently when he hasn't at his best, l don't remember thinking that Stuart Bannigan has hidden during games. Or not tried. Nor given the impression he couldn't care less. That can't be easy, especially when you know you're not playing well in a poor team.

If l was in the current Thistle team (a middle aged man can dream!) and was asked to pick the players l wanted to start an end of season do-or-die match with me, the first name l would put is Stuart Bannigan. For me he defines an attitude that you want beside you on the pitch.

We have seen, signed and persevered with players a lot worse than Stuart Bannigan. If he performs like he has recently, l can't think of many l would have before and rather than Stuart Bannigan.

A professional football manager would never ask the players to pick the team for a do or die game, would they ?

• Haha 3