January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

ICT are interesting in offering McCart a PCA.

Ross County are interested in signing Oli Shaw on a temporary transfer. This should progress our move for Brian Graham.

Livingston are looking to sign Forrest in a deal similar to the one they struck with QoS for Dykes last season. Small fee to secure him in January but immediately loaned back to the selling team until the end of the season. Obviously this is immaterial if Forrest wishes to stay at Ayr then go to his choice of club in the close season.

Rudden deal should be confirmed this week.

Does mccart not already play for ICT don’t see how they would offer a PCA - surely just a contract extension?

dundee also want to buy Forrest and loan back according to a couple of their supporters- in which case I would hope we are thinking of doing the same thing, with the proviso he can’t play against us.

i wouldn’t expect the Rudden deal to be announced today just because understandably most of the PTFC staff will be away at colins funeral 

Quite happy with all of the names linked, particularly Rudden and Graham - think they’d make a decent partnership.  McCart has been great for Inverness CT by all accounts, so I’m hoping we get that one done for the summer. Not hopeful of getting Forrest, given other teams (including a Premiership side) are in the hunt. But impressed by what McCall’s trying to do.

Of those out of contract/on loan, I’d look to...

Keep: O’Ware and Cole.

Bin: Robson, McGinty, Saunders, Harkins, Austin, Miller, Jones.

Undecided: Slater, Cardle, MacKinnon.

Of those with a contract, if we could also get rid of Mansell then I would.

2 minutes ago, ThickAsThieves said:

I’d be tempted to keep Saunders. Bit of a utility player & has picked up since McCall arrived.

McCart talking with St Johnstone.

He is keen on a move closer back to central belt but I think Perth would interest him ahead of us.

I don't get the clamour for binning Austin. The guy is just getting back to playing football. Give him a chance FFS!

A lot of the squad are out of contract in the summer. No point moving them on unless we have a replacement in place.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I don't get the clamour for binning Austin. The guy is just getting back to playing football. Give him a chance FFS!

A lot of the squad are out of contract in the summer. No point moving them on unless we have a replacement in place.

Totally agree on Austin we need to give the guy a chance.

If we’re binning people on being injury prone then Bannigan, slater, Oware, Gordon, Jones must all need to go also

24 minutes ago, Paukea said:

Totally agree on Austin we need to give the guy a chance.

If we’re binning people on being injury prone then Bannigan, slater, Oware, Gordon, Jones must all need to go also

Get your point re Austin. You can only assess players once they're match fit let alone just recovering from a prolonged injury. Gotta point out even if I'm being a tad pedantic that Bannigan and O'Ware are certainly not "injury prone". Apart from that one serious injury Banzo has hardly ever been out the game for more than a knock. O'Ware I believe is similar.

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Get your point re Austin. You can only assess players once they're match fit let alone just recovering from a prolonged injury. Gotta point out even if I'm being a tad pedantic that Bannigan and O'Ware are certainly not "injury prone". Apart from that one serious injury Banzo has hardly ever been out the game for more than a knock. O'Ware I believe is similar.

It has to be said, Bannigan in particular is what one might call suspension prone. I hope McCall has managed to knock that out of him.

Just now, Jaggernaut said:

It has to be said, Bannigan in particular is what one might call suspension prone. I hope McCall has managed to knock that out of him.

Hopefully by adding some grit in the midfield Bannigan won't feel compelled to make as many daft tackles. Frustrating as anything as the whole stadium knows what's coming... Daft tackle, usually in the opposition half or as the ball is rolling out of play. Get him running the game, someone else breaking it up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThickAsThieves said:

Quite happy with all of the names linked, particularly Rudden and Graham - think they’d make a decent partnership.  McCart has been great for Inverness CT by all accounts, so I’m hoping we get that one done for the summer. Not hopeful of getting Forrest, given other teams (including a Premiership side) are in the hunt. But impressed by what McCall’s trying to do.

Of those out of contract/on loan, I’d look to...

Keep: O’Ware and Cole.

Undecided: Slater, Cardle, MacKinnon.

Of those with a contract, if we could also get rid of Mansell then I would.

Really can't see any merit in keeping Cardle. On the occasions I have seen him he has made very little impact on the game in general play, even when we won. 

Also difficult to understand why anyone would want to keep Zanetta - another player who contributes very little and who seems totally disinterested when on the field. His attitude reminds me of Amoo! Anyone remember him? 

There are players 'inside' all of the players mentioned in this thread, I think that about Mansell, but it appears we need a magician to bring out their ability and commitment not a manager! 

• Like 1

Who's the tall guy standing next to Joe Cardle in the photo of the players? Perhaps i'm reading too much into a "potential signing target currently training with us"!  But I just don't recognize him as one of our current players...  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51100079?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland&link_location=live-reporting-story

2 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Who's the tall guy standing next to Joe Cardle in the photo of the players? Perhaps i'm reading too much into a "potential signing target currently training with us"!  But I just don't recognize him as one of our current players...  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51100079?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland&link_location=live-reporting-story

Looks like Ryan Williamson. 

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Really can't see any merit in keeping Cardle. On the occasions I have seen him he has made very little impact on the game in general play, even when we won. 

Also difficult to understand why anyone would want to keep Zanetta - another player who contributes very little and who seems totally disinterested when on the field. His attitude reminds me of Amoo! Anyone remember him? 

There are players 'inside' all of the players mentioned in this thread, I think that about Mansell, but it appears we need a magician to bring out their ability and commitment not a manager! 

I’d only keep Cardle if he was a squad player, wouldn’t want him getting as many starts as he has this season.

Zanatta is still under contract until 2021. He’s also done well at this level before and now that we’ve got a capable manager hopefully he’ll be able to get more out of him.

Maybe harsh on Austin but I thought he’s been fit for ages now and is hardly getting a sniff? See how he does until the end of the season but I don’t have high hopes.

24 minutes ago, ThickAsThieves said:

I’d only keep Cardle if he was a squad player, wouldn’t want him getting as many starts as he has this season.

Zanatta is still under contract until 2021. He’s also done well at this level before and now that we’ve got a capable manager hopefully he’ll be able to get more out of him.

Maybe harsh on Austin but I thought he’s been fit for ages now and is hardly getting a sniff? See how he does until the end of the season but I don’t have high hopes.

Zanatta unfortunately is the one player who doesn’t look like he has improved since McCall took over.

Delighted when he first signed but completely underwhelmed since he has signed, whether it be a constant shirking from tackles or just generally looking disinterested. He might have another year of his contract but if we can bring in better then would have no problem with him being moved on unless he gets his act together 

50 minutes ago, ThickAsThieves said:

First game back was in the Glasgow Cup v Celtic Colts on 17 Dec. not long after getting here from Australia. Working his way back to match fitness and becoming familiar with his teammates I'd have thought. Played as a sub on Saturday. Would at least like to see if he might have anything before he is written off and would expect to see some more of him over the next few games. 

2 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

Jeez..  how embarrassed am I.....   must be because I've got my head in my hands everytime he's on the ball   :doh:

No need to be embarrassed. You won't be alone. Most of us will have mental images of Ryan fearlessly slide tackling wide players, herding and bundling opposition attackers out of play. Hardly surprising he's almost unrecognisable hiding behind Wee Joe Cardle.

:) 

• Haha 1

A priority IMO is the goalkeeping position. 

I personally like a goalkeeper to dominate the six yard box. Giving the defence confidence to concentrate on their own jobs.

Scott Fox is rooted on his line far too much! This has most certainly cost the team goals and points!

In the recent match at Firhill against ICT he even ends up behind the goal line at ICT's goal, unbelievable!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thru thin and thin said:

A priority IMO is the goalkeeping position. 

I personally like a goalkeeper to dominate the six yard box. Giving the defence confidence to concentrate on their own jobs.

Scott Fox is rooted on his line far too much! This has most certainly cost the team goals and points!

In the recent match at Firhill against ICT he even ends up behind the goal line at ICT's goal, unbelievable!

Perhaps a better goalkeeping coach?

9 hours ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Hopefully by adding some grit in the midfield Bannigan won't feel compelled to make as many daft tackles. Frustrating as anything as the whole stadium knows what's coming... Daft tackle, usually in the opposition half or as the ball is rolling out of play. Get him running the game, someone else breaking it up.

In fairness, I thought Bannigan made some well-timed tackles on Saturday - none of our other players did!  A United Player had a wild swipe which Banzo skipped past as he was breaking forward in the first half  and Clark injured himself in the challenge late on...I did think that Banzo would certainly have got a yellow and possibly a red if he had made either of these challenges. 

• Like 1