January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

On 12/28/2019 at 5:48 PM, Lindau said:

Was tremendous today. MOTM with Kakay not far behind!! Several excellent performances today

Williamson's performance certainly felt very threatening to me, largely because of his inadequacy at defending: the right defensive position was covered from time to time by a centre-back or by Kakay, but Williamson neither closed down attackers nor did he position himself to cover space. We need an adequate right-back. If Kakay's loan period is up, that is crucial. Either some intensive coaching for Williamson is needed, or a replacement.

I imagine most of us have strong reservations about Williamson's defending. I believe it's been tolerable as off the top of my head I can't think of any really threatening left sided attackers in our league. Don't worry about him so much if we play three at the back and perhaps with a bit of work he could fit in as a conventional wide midfielder.  No doubting he can  hit the bye line and put in quality crosses. 

1 minute ago, That 1 jags fan said:

The record are saying De vita is being recalled and loaned to Falkirk hopefully Falkirk are willing to take Robson back as well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more movement and changes than we thought were going to happen ....de vita is bang average 

16 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Utter sh*t in the televised game against Talbot. Picking up a healthy wage in addition to the pay packet from his regular job.

Not sure if you can judge someone on one game ? , the rest of what you’ve posted is correct , the one thing he has got is pace which we haven’t got at all in our team .

9 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

The lad Luke Donnelly on loan from Hibs to Arbroath has been impressive for them. I’d hope we were monitoring what happens with him as to whether we can potentially seek to have him on loan or if he is likely to have much of a future with Hibs

He isnt on loan. He is an Arbroath player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Shame to see a Wilson go, another product of our Academy.

And this is why I worry about a club our size with very limited resources having an Academy of this nature.  Even the biggest most famous clubs for bringing through youths get a gem once every couple seasons with huge turnover in players.  We are stretching ourelves.  By all accounts have youth teams as part of community work and to help foster fanbase but we should be picking up players post 17/18 who have been let go by bigger clubs in Scotland and England.  

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

And this is why I worry about a club our size with very limited resources having an Academy of this nature.  Even the biggest most famous clubs for bringing through youths get a gem once every couple seasons with huge turnover in players.  We are stretching ourelves.  By all accounts have youth teams as part of community work and to help foster fanbase but we should be picking up players post 17/18 who have been let go by bigger clubs in Scotland and England.  

Disagree with this entirely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Disagree with this entirely. 

If we’re going to have an Academy, we’ve got to do it properly and give youngsters like Calum Wilson a pathway to the first team .

Just now we are coaching youngsters for 5 or 6 years and when it comes to the time when we should be giving them a chance of a professional contract there is very little money in the coffers to do so . The Club are throwing out statements about youngsters like Calum Wilson and Evan Galasso being successful graduates from the Academy when you’re lucky if they’ve played a handful of first team games between them .

Got to agree with you LIB , the way ahead is to produce our own , not sure if the supporters have the patience for that though .