January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

19 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Hard to judge the new players in their first league game for the club in very difficult conditions. We were shite, but to single out the new boys as wage thieves seems unreasonable.

I didn’t single them out. New and old they were all garbage and appear to be no better than what we had.

5 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Andrew Rodden joins Annan on loan for the rest of the season. Andrew played for Thistle in the Glasgow cup tie against the Rangers on Tuesday. Annan are currently 4th in league 2.

Can we recall him?  Thought the young lads on Tuesday defended better than our first team lot have most of the season.

1 hour ago, Alan Murray said:

Brownlie rumored to be signing this week.

Some Montrose fans are saying we are signing Lyons also. 

Think we need a bit more experience than them to help get us out the hole we’re in? Appreciate McCall is trying to balance short term and long term needs this window, but today’s performance amplifies the need for short term solutions to be the priority .... that’s assuming there is experience available at our price who can make a valuable contribution 

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

It was on in December and then off the end of December. It’s been back on this last week- are you saying it’s falling through yet again?

I don’t know the timeline, I just heard it was off, but that could have been from a few weeks ago

11 minutes ago, jaggy said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/christophe-berra-eyed-dundee-queen-21359721

We were apparently interested in Berra according to this, but now focussing on getting Brownlie

Interesting how this pans out. If we give QoS a few quid to release Brownlie that may give them enough to get The Berra signing over the line. Apparently Hearts wanted a bigger share of Wighton’s wages from Dundee rather than the deal Arbroath got through. Will they play hardball with the Dees again?

McCall seems keen to get Brownlie in ASAP and I can’t blame him. 

4 minutes ago, jagfox said:

nteresting how this pans out. If we give QoS a few quid to release Brownlie that may give them enough to get The Berra signing over the line. Apparently Hearts wanted a bigger share of Wighton’s wages from Dundee rather than the deal Arbroath got through. Will they play hardball with the Dees again?

McCall seems keen to get Brownlie in ASAP and I can’t blame him. 

Is Brownlie right sided or left sided?

48 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Then McGinty heading out too?

I would hope so. He looks the worst out of the 3 we have. If Brownlie is left sided hopefully yesterday is McGinty's last appearance.

I think we look better play a back 4 but its a bit much to ask 2 right sided defenders to do that for 14 games.

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Left.

You sure? Just checked a couple of QOS games and he played rightside in both.

I wouldn't recommend watching his effor for Alloa's first goal yesterday if you think Elliot v Dunfermline except much worse you're not far away.