Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

Ok....yes I did but that’s not £1million is it ? And I didn’t know then and I don’t know now 

Non recurring Revenue which Bridged the Gap of £750K Budget Shortfall was Transfer Fees 

Non Recurring Revenue which is £250K Parachute Payment 

This gives a Shortfall of Budget income between this Year and Next Year of £1MN unless there are very very drastic Cuts across the Board  

8 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

What alternative do you propose, and how specifically would you ensure that your master plan worked?

OK Ive never had a MasterPlan 

And we are now going down the Route of Fan OwnerShip and its all going to be Wonderful and Democratic and  all the Fans will pitch in 

However Management is not a Democratic Process and the people who end up Running the Club tend not to have the experience or Financial Clout to Fund a Small Club - but Im sure there is a Cunning Plan from  TFE - Thistle Trust  and the Steering Group of where there going to get £1MN from  

7 hours ago, scotty said:

Agreed. And this is one of the realities we need to face if we want to have a fan owned, community based club. But as far as I can see no-one is proposing anything different.

So Stirling Albion then ? 

I have No interest in a Community Based Club - Im interested in Success on the Park for PTFC - not any of the "add ons" 

27 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Non recurring Revenue which Bridged the Gap of £750K Budget Shortfall was Transfer Fees 

This gives a Shortfall of Budget income between this Year and Next Year of £1MN unless there are very very drastic Cuts across the Board  

If your assumptions and it’s not fixed  then yes maybe.....let’s wait and see once we have some information and facts .....but again this point has nothing to do with fan ownership 

or maybe it has been fixed ....

Edited by javeajag

21 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

And we are now going down the Route of Fan OwnerShip and its all going to be Wonderful and Democratic and  all the Fans will pitch in 

However Management is not a Democratic Process and the people who end up Running the Club tend not to have the experience or Financial Clout to Fund a Small Club - but Im sure there is a Cunning Plan from  TFE - Thistle Trust  and the Steering Group of where there going to get £1MN from  

Okay, you don't have a masterplan, fair enough. I don't think many of us do.

You have doubts about the success of fan ownership. I think we all have some reservations.

But, acknowledging that we are going down the route of fan ownership, as you have, are you really just going to continue prophesising doom and telling us all to be careful what we wish for? Because honestly, given where we are, I can't see any purpose in that.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I think your being deliberately negative .....and you certainly give the impression of hoping the club fails .....

1. who said it’s all going to be wonderful and democratic .....you did 

2. who said all the fans will pitch in....you did 

3. who said mgt was a democratic process ...you did 

4, who says there is a £1m shortfall ....you did 

get the picture ? 

then you all mystic meg and start predicting the future on who will run the club and how .....unsurprisingly negative 

as I understand fan ownership at Motherwell whilst the fans may own the club it is the board that runs it on their behalf with a number of directors from the supporters on it. The other directors and club ceo for example will be professionals with relevant skills and experience.  Seems reasonable to me tbh 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

I think your being deliberately negative .....and you certainly give the impression of hoping the club fails .....

1. who said it’s all going to be wonderful and democratic .....you did 

2. who said all the fans will pitch in....you did 

3. who said mgt was a democratic process ...you did 

4, who says there is a £1m shortfall ....you did 

get the picture ? 

then you all mystic meg and start predicting the future on who will run the club and how .....unsurprisingly negative 

as I understand fan ownership at Motherwell whilst the fans may own the club it is the board that runs it on their behalf with a number of directors from the supporters on it. The other directors and club ceo for example will be professionals with relevant skills and experience.  Seems reasonable to me tbh 

The £1MN Shortfall is from figures given at the AGM  so there factual 

So lets just think about this - there will be appointed Directors with Relevant Skills & Experience  and who "appoints" them - Who decides on Relevant Skills & Experience ?

So Currently 3BC will have the ultimate say on how this is all going to work 

Therefore Im not Being Mystic Meg - this is a fact

There is nothing Negative - Im asking reasonable Questions as any Fan should be ? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, allyo said:

Okay, you don't have a masterplan, fair enough. I don't think many of us do.

You have doubts about the success of fan ownership. I think we all have some reservations.

But, acknowledging that we are going down the route of fan ownership, as you have, are you really just going to continue prophesising doom and telling us all to be careful what we wish for? Because honestly, given where we are, I can't see any purpose in that.

How does asking Questions about a potential Budget Shortfall continuing to Prophesies Doom  - its there its from the last AGM ? 

I dont have "reservations " I think its a Carcrash waiting to happen 

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

Eh ? 

The Stirling Albion takeover has been a shambles, and the club is barely treading water in the 2nd division. 

Full trust boards have resigned, police have been involved, and a large percentage wanted to sell up to a consortium involving an ex football player but were over ruled by the Trust board without a fans vote. The fans state their is no democratic process and our new self appointed fans leader is as popular as a fart in a spacesuit down there.

As for a “Community Club” to be fare 99% of the local community doesn’t give a toss about us, it’s Rangers, Celtic or not interested in football. If the local community of Maryhill and surrounding areas (Milngavie, Bearsden, Bishopbriggs etc) were interested we’d be selling out a 30000 stadium every week. Instead we have 2000 core fans spread through a dilapidated 10000 three sided stadium.

First and foremost we are a professional football club that should be aiming to win every game, we seem to be losing sight of this and becoming more cuddly and very cliche 

Anyone ever thought of asking Weir for about £10 million to completely destroy and rebuild firhill? Think that would have been a wiser way for him to spend his cash because at least we would have had a modern low cost to run stadium with modern facilities. Even with the fans in charge will we ever see the removal of the bing or a stadium revamp? Probably not cause they will be too busy bickering.

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

How does asking Questions about a potential Budget Shortfall continuing to Prophesies Doom  - its there its from the last AGM ? 

I dont have "reservations " I think its a Carcrash waiting to happen 

All this speculation is very boaring and tedious.  You have found them guilty before any crime has been committed. 

We all have concerns about the way forward, however most of would rather wait and see what is delivered. There are many fans who know there way round a balance sheet and a business plan better than any of the directors and chief executives we have had in the last 10 years.

We just need to make sure that the correct people are appointed based on their skillset.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Surely this is the same problem for whoever are the owners/directors. It is not something unique for Fan Ownership (whoever they turn out to be). I know you are a fan of the  previous board, so what was their plan to resolve it ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The £1MN Shortfall is from figures given at the AGM  so there factual 

So lets just think about this - there will be appointed Directors with Relevant Skills & Experience  and who "appoints" them - Who decides on Relevant Skills & Experience ?

So Currently 3BC will have the ultimate say on how this is all going to work 

Therefore Im not Being Mystic Meg - this is a fact

There is nothing Negative - Im asking reasonable Questions as any Fan should be ? 

Ok let’s go with you ...so two old boards accumulated a shortfall of £1m six months ago .... we don’t know if it’s now higher or lower or Been dealt with .... what is your point ? 

how does it work at Motherwell that might give you a clue ?

you need to ask questions to people who can answer them 

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

The Stirling Albion takeover has been a shambles, and the club is barely treading water in the 2nd division. 

Full trust boards have resigned, police have been involved, and a large percentage wanted to sell up to a consortium involving an ex football player but were over ruled by the Trust board without a fans vote. The fans state their is no democratic process and our new self appointed fans leader is as popular as a fart in a spacesuit down there.

As for a “Community Club” to be fare 99% of the local community doesn’t give a toss about us, it’s Rangers, Celtic or not interested in football. If the local community of Maryhill and surrounding areas (Milngavie, Bearsden, Bishopbriggs etc) were interested we’d be selling out a 30000 stadium every week. Instead we have 2000 core fans spread through a dilapidated 10000 three sided stadium.

First and foremost we are a professional football club that should be aiming to win every game, we seem to be losing sight of this and becoming more cuddly and very cliche 

So what’s your point ?

40 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Surely this is the same problem for whoever are the owners/directors. It is not something unique for Fan Ownership (whoever they turn out to be). I know you are a fan of the  previous board, so what was their plan to resolve it ?

I’m not sure what the connection to fan ownership is at all as the relevant point is that it occurred under ‘ business people ‘ 

I hope you guys go to the event at the club tomorrow. Otherwise this thread is going to go on for 200+ pages. You are all obviously emotionally attached to the club. Surely there are more productive ways of spending the countless hours on this topic; instead of bickering on this forum.

• Like 2