Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

A board of 8 plus Gerry for a club of our size and current stature / turnover is appalling 

Ayr have a board of 7 plus 4 honorary presidents 

dunfermline have a board  7 plus the company secretary 

what’s that tell us .....not much 

our board is transitory to fan ownership 

52 minutes ago, javeajag said:

4 honorary presidents are not directors or on the board.

DAFC has a selection voted onto Pars United as the fans reps. Rest are brought on by Pars United with elections for fans (that changes soon as fan ownership is being sold off)

Ours are selected by the chair

Last week we had the statement that fan ownership was being pushed on with it to happen as soon as possible.

So why do we have a need for 3 new directors.

We have dropped a division, dropped attendances, dropped income yet increased board members

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

4 honorary presidents are not directors or on the board.

DAFC has a selection voted onto Pars United as the fans reps. Rest are brought on by Pars United with elections for fans (that changes soon as fan ownership is being sold off)

Ours are selected by the chair

Last week we had the statement that fan ownership was being pushed on with it to happen as soon as possible.

So why do we have a need for 3 new directors.

We have dropped a division, dropped attendances, dropped income yet increased board members

Are they paid? If not I still don’t see the relevance.

We’ve dropped attendances and income but so has every other club in the country as they’re not playing. Maybe our attendances won’t drop if we get fans in the ground and make a good start to the season 

23 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Are they paid? If not I still don’t see the relevance.

We’ve dropped attendances and income but so has every other club in the country as they’re not playing. Maybe our attendances won’t drop if we get fans in the ground and make a good start to the season 

OK explain to me why we need 8 directors, where is the value add to the club, whether they are paid or not is if zero relevance.

Do we need 8 people to make decisions on the running of the club? 

Why bolster the board now, when we will have a model for fan ownership in 6 weeks according to the working group, if that’s the case the club should be in the hands of the fans come Xmas, in which case the new 3 will merely be on the board for 4 months, so why now if this is the plan.

49 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

OK explain to me why we need 8 directors, where is the value add to the club, whether they are paid or not is if zero relevance.

Why bolster the board now, when we will have a model for fan ownership in 6 weeks according to the working group, if that’s the case the club should be in the hands of the fans come Xmas, in which case the new 3 will merely be on the board for 4 months, so why now if this is the plan.

It’s a conspiracy ..... J low is going to hand the club over to herself via a shell company in the Cayman Islands meanwhile the board will increase to 24 after manpreet meets 8 guys on a train .... it’s true I tell you 

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

I’ve no idea, I don’t know how a boardroom works, but your objections earlier were:

A board of 8 plus Gerry for a club of our size and current stature / turnover is appallin

We have dropped a division, dropped attendances, dropped income yet increased board members

I asked you the relevance of these but now your asking me questions even though I said I have no clue :).

Maybe the various directors that we have can help with getting us essential sponsorship? The various deals that have been announced suggest that somebody is doing quite a good job on that front.

Maybe also their title of "director" looks heavier on paper than it really is.

Maybe it's not worth getting hot and bothered about.

Well all i know is that is twice we have been lied to by this so called fans group. Lowe will not be back and neither will Rough and woopsie what has just happened? You can stick fan ownership up yer arse. Our main focus should be getting these charlatans out the club and folk in that have the clubs best interests at heart rather than their ego! We are just gonna end up with a Jags Trust shambles in charge with all their mates onboard.

Edited by Pinhead

55 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Alan Rough is a club legend.

BUT

A bit of a dinosaur.   Old school bantz.  Not for me as an ambassador.   We need to be youthful and have a better PR person(s).

Aye but he's a thistle man just like Gerry Britton Archie and all the other jobs for the boys cronies at the club.

3 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

BUT

A bit of a dinosaur.   Old school bantz.  Not for me as an ambassador.   We need to be youthful and have a better PR person(s).

Easy to criticize, isn't it? 

Could we have some possible youthful and better PR names that would do a visibly better job? And if they exist, then why don't we have them? Or how would we get them?

4 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

BUT

Only our most capped Internationalist! I thought he came across very well in the recent JagZone interview

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Only our most capped Internationalist! I thought he came across very well in the recent JagZone interview

And by far the player with the most appearances for the club, a record unlikely to ever be surpassed.

But those achievements aren't enough for some people, who want somebody better.  But they don't say who that somebody is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

BUT

He’s not an ambassador he’s a director with all the legal responsibilities that comes with it towards the shareholders 

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

And by far the player with the most appearances for the club, a record unlikely to ever be surpassed.

But those achievements aren't enough for some people, who want somebody better.  But they don't say who that somebody is.

Who’s spent his media life talking up his love of Celtic, even in his autobiography it’s mostly about Celtic

8FF80569-FDB2-46E3-931B-248DF62B988B.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

He’s not an ambassador he’s a director with all the legal responsibilities that comes with it towards the shareholders 

Walter Smith rather humiliated himself in court as he was a full director of the original Rangers when financial problems started, so had all these legal responsibilities, and said 'I didn't take any notice of the club's finances'

On 9/2/2020 at 6:20 PM, javeajag said:

Our Board is transitory in nature; like a yo-yo of names that come and go and come back again. 

On 9/4/2020 at 2:43 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Easy to criticize, isn't it? 

Could we have some possible youthful and better PR names that would do a visibly better job? And if they exist, then why don't we have them? Or how would we get them?

You have a point. Especially as I struggle to get a name for you! For me his radio show and interviews he's done before Scotland games at supporters events he's just "old school" to me.  But I admit my view may be a minority as I'm more into stats and heat maps and boring stuff like that.  We've had no internationalist of his standing or "name" known outside the club in decades. 

On 9/4/2020 at 3:28 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Having the most appearances for a club doesn’t make you a good candidate to be a director of that club. Being a goalkeeper and being a director are slightly different things. 

And you are allowed to criticise the reappointment of someone who you think isn’t well-suited to fulfilling a director’s responsibilities without having the name and CV of someone you think should be appointed instead.

• Like 2